Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

There is speed in OF to stretch the field and create space, i'm just most worried about the OLine. IF they can get a solid ground game going, I can foresee a good dose of quick game/RPO style offense to help the OLine. I don't foresee a whole lot of 3 step drop back and let er' rip. I think some people have a misconception of the spread just being a "slinging it deep". OF could make some money on short/Intermediate routes. You would be surprised how many simple bubble/slant/hitch routes turn into TDs because of one missed tackle. Lumberton for example lives off the short/intermediate passing game and getting the ball into the hands of their studs in space. The more I think about it, the more excited I get to see what the orange and white can do in the spread. 

32 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

You must never have watched this guy call offense.  Even at WB he had a tight end on the field majority of the time and then at LCM played w/ 2 tight ends a lot and was run heavy.  Everyone thinks the spread is Air Raid.  In reality the base of it is spread triple option. Breaux has shown his offense is adaptable year to year based on his personnel.

He should quickly learn that his personnel is better suited for running a football then.

16 hours ago, Bobcats0809 said:

I still haven’t figured out why OF fans are in such a hurry to run the spread lol. There are lots of really bad teams running the spread, & we won a ton of games with the Slot T over really good programs. The Slot T fit our athletes well. Parents with very little football knowledge hate On the Slot T all the time, I’ve lived in OF for over 40 years, go look at some of the records we had before the Slot T, it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows. I hope we go 10-0 next year but LCM hasn’t exactly been world beaters. I’m optimistic but I’m also realistic, and I feel the Slot T was very good for OF. 

It’s not the fact that Orangefield is wanting to run the Spread or hated the Wing-T (actually Orangefield ran 60% Power I) it’s the fact of the 95% run offense &  the predictable passing game. 

im hoping for a more balanced Offense NOT 95% Air Raid Not Wing T or slot T.

is asking for Balance that much of an issue to ole blood Orangefield people ?  

going .500 over 12 years may get you a “Ton” of Wins but Orangefield is Better than a 500 winning percentage. 

5 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

You are correct on the years but Coach Smalley was the head coach.  Coach Huckaby's last year was the 2011 football season.

According to Maxpreps.. OF beat EC, Woodville, and Jasper in 2011.  And played Silsbee within 4.

I'm pretty sure Huckaby was a Slot-T guy if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

According to Maxpreps.. OF beat EC, Woodville, and Jasper in 2011.  And played Silsbee within 4.

I'm pretty sure Huckaby was a Slot-T guy if I remember correctly.

Correct, look at before huckaby when it was Morrison with the spread 😂

8 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

It’s not the fact that Orangefield is wanting to run the Spread or hated the Wing-T (actually Orangefield ran 60% Power I) it’s the fact of the 95% run offense &  the predictable passing game. 

going .500 over 12 years may get you a “Ton” of Wins but Orangefield is Better than a 500 winning percentage. 

I don’t know what you’re talking about, the spread isn’t really a balanced offense, I’d be all about a pro style power I system, but that ain’t happening. Orangefield turned things around BIG TIME, when we went to the slot T, again, just look at the records in the 90’s & 2000’s lol only a handful of winning seasons. I obviously hope we win every game, but hating on the Slot T makes zero sense because we were relatively successful with it, & we literally have no clue if we have their personnel that can effectively run the spread.

10 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

I'm not sure about Orangefield running 60% Power I. I believe the switched back and forth between Slot T and Wing T (there is a difference).

The Slot-t is the south Texas version of the wing-t, where backs are much closer to LOS and they basically never pass. The wing-t is multiple and incorporates misdirection, option and attacks defense at all levels in the rushing and passing game and has motion.

2 minutes ago, Sports86 said:

I'm not sure about Orangefield running 60% Power I. I believe the switched back and forth between Slot T and Wing T (there is a difference).

The Slot-t is the south Texas version of the wing-t, where backs are much closer to LOS and they basically never pass. The wing-t is multiple and incorporates misdirection, option and attacks defense at all levels in the rushing and passing game and has motion.

That's why I like watching Texarkana Pleasant Grove offense. 

6 hours ago, Sports86 said:

🤣 hilarious

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That's why I like watching Texarkana Pleasant Grove offense. 

Even they don’t really run the Wing T anymore I don’t think… People get bent outta shape about what system to run but if you have the jimmys and Joe’s what offense you run doesn’t necessarily matter for the most part IMO. 

23 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Even they don’t really run the Wing T anymore I don’t think… People get bent outta shape about what system to run but if you have the jimmys and Joe’s what offense you run doesn’t necessarily matter for the most part IMO. 

Going strictly by what their own HC said in an interview recently along with footage (I posted the article earlier last season after someone suggested they ran slot-T.) 🤷🏾‍♂️  

They had the kid that's going to Arkansas at QB and went more shotgun in the games I watched last season though. 

50 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

It is pretty funny to listen to people talk about scheme and how important it is.

If you have the athletes, any scheme can be successful.

The key is not the scheme, but rather the ability to coach it, make adjustments and the ability of play callers. Every scheme has the ability to run the ball and the opportunity to throw it. Really, it is all about the ability and willingness to call the plays and when to call them. Plenty of pass plays in the wing-t and slot-t playbooks. Coaching matters, but if you don't have the DUDES......

1 minute ago, PlayActionPass said:

It is pretty funny to listen to people talk about scheme and how important it is.

If you have the athletes, any scheme can be successful.

The key is not the scheme, but rather the ability to coach it, make adjustments and the ability of play callers. Every scheme has the ability to run the ball and the opportunity to throw it. Really, it is all about the ability and willingness to call the plays and when to call them. Plenty of pass plays in the wing-t and slot-t playbooks. Coaching matters, but if you don't have the DUDES......

Don't let a certain Coaching Philosopher on here see this in bold, his head might blow its top 😂