Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD

Gocats90

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

That wasn’t for me.  That was for others.  Everyone here knows my success bar is higher than most.  I’ll never waver on the 7 years.  But remember, most elite coaches win their first SC in 4 years.  I was just being generous by adding 3 years.  You see, I do have feelings!  😏🤣

Feelings.... ha.  

Is PNGs coach elite?....... Are any coach's elite in SETX?

26 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

No coach in SETX is Elite.  No coach is making a difference in SETX.  Damn!... how many paint chips did you eat as a child or still eat?!?!

Definition of an Elite coach is 2 State Championships on their resume.  Who now in SETX has that on their resume.   Cornel Thompson was the last one. 

26 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

You must have been eating off of Reagans plate. 

Who do u think is elite? Find one to prove your point. I've been there. Done the research. And realized for the most part it's proven sooner than later if the coach has what it takes. Of course there are always exceptions to the rules.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

You think there’s no difference in the Carthage coach and the Nederland coach?

Do you think Surratt’s are everywhere?

You start gauging coaches off of what he’s done, and no one’s job will be safe.

Do you think Deweyville, or Evadale is gonna compete with Mart and make it to state?

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Who do u think is elite? Find one to prove your point. I've been there. Done the research. And realized for the most part it's proven sooner than later if the coach has what it takes. Of course there are always exceptions to the rules.

I look at the bigger picture...NOT just wins, loses, X's and O's.  An elite coach gets the most out of his kids.  An elite coach gets under achievers to overachieve.  An elite coach gets kids, parents, communities to buy into what he is selling.  An elite coach are the biggest cheerleaders for his players.  An elite coach teaches the importance of teamwork.  Want me to go on??  I'm sure your reply be something along the lines of.... an elite coach is all about wins, loses, and championships.  Nothing else matters but championships. 

46 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Do you think Surratt’s are everywhere?

You start gauging coaches off of what he’s done, and no one’s job will be safe.

Do you think Deweyville, or Evadale is gonna compete with Mart and make it to state?

Surratt's talent pool isn't everywhere either, (a dozen 300lb.'ers each year and D1's everywhere is pretty special) I understand the point you are making and I agree... but to be fair, Deweyville would have to beat Mart to make it to State. We just absolutely do not match talent. Mart (although they lost to Albany) just made their 7th straight State appearance...not many schools compete with Mart. But I know what you mean. Coaching (IMO) means you get everything out of what you have...build some success and talent will come or it won't and you go somewhere with more talent and get the best out of them! 🤣

Just now, Right99JOH said:

So you think Carthages HC could go to HJ, BU, Livingston, Vidor, OF, Splendora, Buna, Anahuac, BC, Liberty, etc. and win a state championship in 7 years????

Absolutely!  Why not?  He did it in his second year at Carthage.  No titles before Surratt and how many since he’s been there!  The point is: some coaches have that special talent.  At any given time there’s only less than 10% elite coaches.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Jeffery Breaux named OF’s New AD