Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

8 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

BTW,  was the Hutto score really that large?

Crazy game that was like  throwing a bucket of water through a barbwire fence . No defense !  LH couldn't cover a pass and Hutto couldn't stop a run . LH defense has gotten somewhat better the dbs have learned to cover a little tighter . But you will still see a wide open receiver a few plays . They did fair against Pieper as for as being in the right place . 

12 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Are you asking about the fans or the coaches and players? Coaches and Co. probably don’t care. The fans would definitely prefer indoors, but make no mistake: they’ll show up either way.

Yeah I was talking about the team . Years back LH played Carthage there . LH prefers the outdoors . I'm sure the fans would like it inside . 

Liberty Hill looks to be at the opposite stage as last year. Last year they looked dominant and lost key players throughout the playoffs. This year they didn't look dominant but just beat one of the teams that beat them earlier in the year and seem to be playing their best ball coming into the stadium. 

I speak from experience this is a very hard team to beat twice. I think LH pulls the upset. 

One thing I've learned about the slot T is its really hard to come from behind and I expect LH to be behind very early and throughout the game. PNG defense is too much and offense should be able to rack up pts against LH defense. Already looking forward to making the trip up to Arlington for the most likely PNG/SOC rematch which should be a more electric atmosphere than last year with it being on Saturday and hopefully a PNG state championship!!

18 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

I have watched most of LH games on NFHS which has had to many technical difficulties . I switched to a Pieper free stream on YouTube tv which was better in my opinion than NFHS . 

Will there be a PNG live stream this week ?  I don't mind watching an opponents live stream thats  better than watching a frozen screen on my paid app . 

Facts!!  NFHS streams have been horrible....

The LH Oline might have one kid bigger than our Outside Linebackers. I just dont see how they will block our D-Line. I know the maddening movement of their offense is supposed to level the field but last year our D Coordinator made their offense look like a cheap version of Vidor's. (no offense to Vidor).

PN-G needs two stops on defense. LH will not stop the offense. We play a clean game and we might score 50+. 

I never get overconfident about any game but I will say this might be the most favorable matchup we have had yet in the playoffs this year. 

22 hours ago, LHFan80 said:

I have watched most of LH games on NFHS which has had to many technical difficulties . I switched to a Pieper free stream on YouTube tv which was better in my opinion than NFHS . 

Will there be a PNG live stream this week ?  I don't mind watching an opponents live stream thats  better than watching a frozen screen on my paid app . 

Provided Bally doesn't televise the game, the PN-G high school journalism team (look up NDN Press on Facebook or YouTube) will stream the game with commentary. The kids are really good, and we've had strong viewership this year. The livestream topped out over 7,000 last week.

51 minutes ago, Indianforever said:

From CFISD athletics department at 2:30…PNG side is almost sold out!

How? How is possible and how we will know because I bought the tickets recently and they showed general admission so that's mean whatever I pick. 

My opinion is that Cy Fair ISD should separate instead public everyone for both sides. I can imagine PNG fans will take over at LH side. 

1 hour ago, WOS1986 said:

How? How is possible and how we will know because I bought the tickets recently and they showed general admission so that's mean whatever I pick. 

My opinion is that Cy Fair ISD should separate instead public everyone for both sides. I can imagine PNG fans will take over at LH side. 

Each school has its own link for ticket sales

IMG_1952.jpeg

1 hour ago, rolltides said:

Man I have to say South Oak Cliff is big as heck like they have one lineman that is 6 foot 5 340 lbs. 

If he's the same big lineman that played in last year's championship game, he spent pretty much the whole game trying to keep his pants pulled up. I mean no disrespect whatsoever towards the young man, and wish him the best. I'm just saying that he had trouble with his football pants in last year's title game. A larger problem for PNG in last year's game was pass coverage on defense, and (IMO) a worn out running back on offense. (Very simply put.)