Semifinal Rematch Discussion - PNG vs. Liberty Hill

Rez Ipsa

PNG vs. Liberty Hill  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Indians or Panthers?

PNG will sellout their home side at the Berry Center like they did at CE King. I estimated the PNG crowd to be in the in the 8-10 k range. While Huntsville was around 3k. Thought it looked like 13k plus total. With a digital ticketing system it should be easy for someone with connections to the schools to find out. 

4 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

PNG will sellout their home side at the Berry Center like they did at CE King. I estimated the PNG crowd to be in the in the 8-10 k range. While Huntsville was around 3k. Thought it looked like 13k plus total. With a digital ticketing system it should be easy for someone with connections to the schools to find out. 

If they sold out King, they had a lot of no shows. Definitely a lot of empty seats 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, that is it. Top left has empty seats. Great crowd. 

You’re right. You can see in this halftime drone shot a few pockets of empty space on both extreme ends (ignoring the band area). Not a ton but there were empty seats. 

8 minute mark in the video:

1 hour ago, DukeS said:

You’re right. You can see in this halftime drone shot a few pockets of empty space on both extreme ends (ignoring the band area). Not a ton but there were empty seats. 

8 minute mark in the video:

I think one of those seats ended up being mine. Just before the half I was in line at the concession stand for probably 15 minutes, and there must have been 100 people in line with me, and probably 100-200 or so more just milling around or standing watching from the covered area behind the lower deck. In fact I stood up in that area behind the lower deck for much of the first half, because I couldn't see well from where I was on the upper deck.  After the half I found a couple of seats over on the end at the 5 or 10 yard line. 

The NRG venue sure was nice last night, with the live video and replays on the scoreboards. But I'll buy tickets for next Friday, at this so-called small stadium, even if we sit on the LH side.  

Guys, I hate to break it to y’all, but there was a huge mass of PN-G fans watching the game while standing on the concourse between the upper and lower levels behind the top row of the bottom section. A few dozen empty seats on extreme ends of the stadium does not equate to fans not in the stands.

The PN-G radio crew confirmed the sell-out at CE King with stadium staff in the pressbox. There were also small pockets of PN-G fans who sat on the visitor’s side with Lake Creek because they were redirected there by stadium staff after the home side sold out.

By the way, while we’re at it, the reason we’re playing at Berry Center next week is because Liberty Hill’s head coach refused to agree to anything larger and was willing to force a coin flip between any site chosen by PN-G and Liberty Hill’s home stadium. We didn’t want to risk it. And I have that directly from someone who was involved in the negotiations.

16 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Liberty Hill has probably had a rematch with PNG circled all season. Let’s get it g

Howdy from Liberty Hill !  Come over to talk to you fine people from the East of our great state of Texas .  Enjoyed the talks last yr . Reading on here this year looks like y'all done kicked the scat out of us before the young men have evern taken the field . I understand what LH is up against but the boys like to play football and win or lose that doesn't change from year to year .  It's been a tuff yr for the Panthers injury wise but they got some players back just in time to run the table over here in region 4 .   Yeah the defense is had to grow up a lot this yr . They getting better but having said that it's going to be a tuff row to hoe this week .  But here's to a gd game for both teams with no injuries . For sure the winner of this game it's going to need all hands on deck for the big game and for sure I'll be pulling for the winner either way our game turns out .     Sorry for the long post , I'll try to keep future post shorter .... LHFan80

2 minutes ago, LHFan80 said:

Howdy from Liberty Hill !  Come over to talk to you fine people from the East of our great state of Texas .  Enjoyed the talks last yr . Reading on here this year looks like y'all done kicked the scat out of us before the young men have evern taken the field . I understand what LH is up against but the boys like to play football and win or lose that doesn't change from year to year .  It's been a tuff yr for the Panthers injury wise but they got some players back just in time to run the table over here in region 4 .   Yeah the defense is had to grow up a lot this yr . They getting better but having said that it's going to be a tuff row to hoe this week .  But here's to a gd game for both teams with no injuries . For sure the winner of this game it's going to need all hands on deck for the big game and for sure I'll be pulling for the winner either way our game turns out .     Sorry for the long post , I'll try to keep future post shorter .... LHFan80

Welcome back to the site! No need to apologize for the long post. I’m the king of them. Type away!

5 minutes ago, LHFan80 said:

Hey man!  I see a few LH folks on the NDN Press fb site also.   Looking forward to a great game! 

15 minutes ago, LHFan80 said:

Some may have us looking beyond but it's one game at a time and the coaches know that. Watched the Pieper game and #21 is gonna be hard to stop. Slot T is always troublesome

17 minutes ago, LHFan80 said:

Long posts are welcome. I’d especially like to hear what folks over there are thinking about this game