Week 14- Championship Week

PhatMack19

5 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Texas’s best argument is they won a trash conference and lost against the only decent team in the conference.  They did beat Bama in week 2 who was going through a QB controversy. 

I could argue the same for all the 7 teams.  This is the first year that the playoff didn’t work itself out.  A few teams are getting screwed. 

Since everything is a trash conference compared to the sec, should that even be an argument? Lmao

Since we are all fishing….matchups, common opponents, who beat who….yada, yada, yada….how about this:

Had Texas gotten one more 1st down, they could have taken a knee, beat Oklahoma, and end up undefeated. Oh yeah, here comes that trash conference again. Won’t be an argument next year. I’ll be waiting on that excuse.

BTW, why does a team’s injured QB have anything to do with discussions. My teams never get consideration when that happens (Colt McCoy ring a bell ?)

16 minutes ago, baddog said:

Since everything is a trash conference compared to the sec, should that even be an argument? Lmao

Since we are all fishing….matchups, common opponents, who beat who….yada, yada, yada….how about this:

[b]Had Texas gotten one more 1st down, they could have taken a knee, beat Oklahoma, and end up undefeated. [/b]Oh yeah, here comes that trash conference again. Won’t be an argument next year. I’ll be waiting on that excuse.

BTW, why does a team’s injured QB have anything to do with discussions. My teams never get consideration when that happens (Colt McCoy ring a bell ?)

It is widely beloved among the pundits that had that happened, Texas would have been the 1 seed. 

for what it’s worth, if they do leave it out FSU and put in Bama, Texas will be favored against Washington.  This scares me a bit because people have underestimated the Huskies all season.  But IF that’s the case and IF Texas were to win that game, it would set up either a rematch against Bama OR a Texas/Michigan matchup.  Either way, two top 5 all time programs playing in Houston for all the marbles.  Talk about printing money.  It’s also a network’s opposite of dry dream. 

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Texas’s best argument is they won a trash conference and lost against the only decent team in the conference.  They did beat Bama in week 2 who was going through a QB controversy. 

I could argue the same for all the 7 teams.  This is the first year that the playoff didn’t work itself out.  A few teams are getting screwed. 

Maybe A&M should have stayed in that “trash conference”.  They would be better served in the WAC, or some other lower tier conference.  

If I read things correctly the Michigan AD is on the committee. How will he try to influence things?

Maybe nothing at all and simply vote. 

Maybe try to push for the final 2 teams that matchup better for Michigan.

Maybe, my guess if he influences anything at all. is trying to push for the best on paper first round matchup.

Hey, Jim, who you want in round 1?  I'll do my best. Thank you, Bud. 

49 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Maybe A&M should have stayed in that “trash conference”.  They would be better served in the WAC, or some other lower tier conference.  

Said this for years.  They went from having a shot of winning the big 12 and a chance at a possible playoff to what they are now. 

17 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Said this for years.  They went from having a shot of winning the big 12 and a chance at a possible playoff to what they are now. 

Meh, they were very mediocre in the Big 12 as well.  Usually middle to lower middle of the pack.  They are the best in the business at doing less with more. 

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What's not true? aTm was supposed to take off to the moon from the JFF days. I expected it. 

Didn't say it wasn't. I have been very disappointed.

But that's not my point.

It seems some just can't help themselves. Got to always take their shot even when it's not relevant to the topic.

BTW, I am not of the opinion that the Big 12 is trash. I do believe the SEC is better. Glad we are there.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But that's not my point.

It seems some just can't help themselves. Got to always take their shot even when it's not relevant to the topic.

BTW, I am not of the opinion that the Big 12 is trash. I do believe the SEC is better. Glad we are there.

I get it. I ran outta likes. 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But that's not my point.

Cry me a river.  Would you like me to highlight the posts by whom that instigates these “shots.”  You are a “t shirt fan” (as Mack likes to call such folks) of a school that’s identity is based on taking shots against another school.  You guys just make it abundantly easy to counter punch. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Cry me a river.  Would you like me to highlight the posts by whom that instigates these “shots.”  You are a “t shirt fan” (as Mack likes to call such folks) of a school that’s identity is based on taking shots against another school.  You guys just make it abundantly easy to counter punch. 

I’ve argued for and against a lot of teams.  I wouldn’t want to be on the committee.  They are wrong either way. 

The Big 12 is the 4th ranked out of the 5 Power 5.   The ACC is the only one that’s worse.  

The main question is do they want the best 4 teams in or not.  

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

I'm not here to defend Mack. I don't agree with his takes sometimes.

In this particular thread, it was Texas fans that brought A&M up in discussion.

Call me names all you want. My family has always been Aggies. Several have attended, including my wife.

Kinda like you have those WO-S ties. 😉

But I have been here long enough to see who really spews the hate.

4 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I’ve argued for and against a lot of teams.  I wouldn’t want to be on the committee.  They are wrong either way. 

The Big 12 is the 4th ranked out of the 5 Power 5.   The ACC is the only one that’s worse.  

If they want the 4 best teams, Texas should get in, not FSU.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm not here to defend Mack. I don't agree with his takes sometimes.

In this particular thread, it was Texas fans that brought A&M up in discussion.

Call me names all you want. My family has always been Aggies. Several have attended, including my wife.

Kinda like you have those WO-S ties. 😉

But I have been here long enough to see who really spews the hate.

I don’t agree with the term. That’s an aggy term.  And not one Mack came up with either.  I believe anyone has the right to root on who they want and are just as valid a fan as an alum.   It’s aggy nation who apparently believes people shouldn’t root for Texas unless they went there. 

Edit:  I will take it a step further.  It’s one of the dumbest terms in all of sports.  I apologize for using it to make a point. 

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing that the Big 12 is a good conference this year. Like I said yesterday, Texas is only being seriously considered for a playoff spot right now because they won by double digits in Tuscaloosa. 

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I don’t agree with the term. That’s an aggy term.  And not one Mack came up with either.  I believe anyone has the right to root on who they want and have just as valid a right to be a fan.  It’s aggy nation who apparently believes people shouldn’t root for Texas unless they went there. 

It’s pretty ironic. I’d be willing to bet that Little Cypress has the highest % of per capita Aggie “t-shirt fans.” 

4 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing that the Big 12 is a good conference this year. Like I said yesterday, Texas is only being seriously considered for a playoff spot right now because they won by double digits in Tuscaloosa. 

And they arguably played the toughest schedule in the country.  But that doesn’t jive with platitudes like, the SEC is the best!