Derek Chauvin stabbed

Big girl

Even though GF was a total POS, I absolutely belive George Floyd was killed. I call it murder.

So what do you call it when 10 blacks kill 10 other blacks? Its just a routine weekend in Chicago that no one reports about or cares about. In fact, 1000 blacks can kill another 1000 blacks, and no one even blinks. BLDNM. But when a single white kills a single black the whole nation burns down. 

17 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Even though GF was a total POS, I absolutely belive George Floyd was killed. I call it murder.

So what do you call it when 10 blacks kill 10 other blacks? Its just a routine weekend in Chicago that no one reports about or cares about. In fact, 1000 blacks can kill another 1000 blacks, and no one even blinks. BLDNM. But when a single white kills a single black the whole nation burns down. 

Agree, I said the same thing when it happened.  Floyd was an addict and had problems but Chauvin had a history of bad behavior and there’s no doubt in my mind Floyd would not have died THAT day if he hadn’t had a knee on his neck for a prolonged period of time.  It’s just a shame that everything has to be about race and as you pointed out and I have in the past as well,  the race hustlers only appear in situations like this and don’t care about the real issues that are responsible for many more deaths among young black men.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:08 PM, Big girl said:

According to the coroner who is a md, he had trace amounts. If he had more he would've been in respiratory distress. If he was in respiratory distress why was he handcuffed, and why was Derek on his neck?

BAck up your statement, because the report I quoted was taken about 1 hour after death....a reminder

Toxicology (see attached report for full details; testing performed on antemortem blood specimens collected 5/25/20 at 9:00 p.m. at HHC and on postmortem urine) A. Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:

Those figures are not trace amounts.....

15 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree, I said the same thing when it happened.  Floyd was an addict and had problems but Chauvin had a history of bad behavior and there’s no doubt in my mind Floyd would not have died THAT day if he hadn’t had a knee on his neck for a prolonged period of time.  It’s just a shame that everything has to be about race and as you pointed out and I have in the past as well,  the race hustlers only appear in situations like this and don’t care about the real issues that are responsible for many more deaths among young black men.

No matter the race, people should be responsible for their actions.....Would I have died if treated that way? NO.....would any healthy person....NO

The root cause of this incident was not following lawful orders. PERIOD. This was a political conviction.....

On 12/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Mr. Floyd did strike me as someone that would be very responsible with his fentanyl use.

I know without question you say this is in gest but for those who are unaware, there is no such thing.  I hate the word "literally" because it is misused so frequently but the use of fentanyl and playing Russian Roulette are very close to the same thing,

15 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So much this.

50 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

No matter the race, people should be responsible for their actions.....Would I have died if treated that way? NO.....would any healthy person....NO

The root cause of this incident was not following lawful orders. PERIOD. This was a political conviction.....

Would a 90 year old woman died if treated that way?

Probably yes.

He (Chauvin) should be responsible for his actions.

This was a conviction of a pathetic cop that finally went too far. 

28 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I know without question you say this is in gest but for those who are unaware, there is no such thing.  I hate the word "literally" because it is misused so frequently but the use of fentanyl and playing Russian Roulette are very close to the same thing,

I agree and it was in jest, it was pointing out that Big girl said there were only trace amounts in his system, as if that was ok.

34 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I agree and it was in jest, it was pointing out that Big girl said there were only trace amounts in his system, as if that was ok.

Oh I knew.  That post wasn’t made for you.  I probably did a poor job of making a point but was trying to point out that “trace amounts” when it comes to fentanyl can be deadly amounts. 

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Would a 90 year old woman died if treated that way?

Probably yes.

He (Chauvin) should be responsible for his actions.

This was a conviction of a pathetic cop that finally went too far. 

Do you think a 90 year old woman would need to be restrained like that? How was the officer to know he had health issues. 

13 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Do you think a 90 year old woman would need to be restrained like that? How was the officer to know he had health issues. 

Maybe when someone says I can't breathe you take your knee off their neck.  I can just about guarantee that there are untold numbers of cops that would have produced a different outcome if they had come up on the scene.  He was a bad cop with a bad history that came on the scene and was gonna show the younger cops how it's done.  Apparently, a jury of his peers looked at the evidence and agreed.  Floyd would have likely died at a later date due to his lifestyle but I don't believe it would have been that day except for the action of Chauvin.

I'm a huge supporter of the cops but they need to police their own and get rid of trash like this.  He should have never still been in uniform. 

Yeah I don't think a knee on the neck of an already restrained man, with a half dozen cops there in support is justified at all. For what like 8 minutes or something? NO EXCUSE. 

Burning down the nation and looting, rioting, and executing other innocent cops with gunfire was totally unjustified either. Evil ran wild. 

17 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Maybe when someone says I can't breathe you take your knee off their neck. 

Well, if I recall he started saying "I can't breath" in the back of the patrol car. I'm not saying he was a perfect cop, or he could of done something different, what I'm saying is had Floyd complied he might of lived another day,,,,,and Chauvin did not deserve to go to jail.

3 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

Well, if I recall he started saying "I can't breath" in the back of the patrol car. I'm not saying he was a perfect cop, or he could of done something different, what I'm saying is had Floyd complied he might of lived another day,,,,,and Chauvin did not deserve to go to jail.

He was definitely not a perfect cop, 18 complaints against him, couple of formal reprimands and involved in three shootings, one fatal.  I understand none of this makes him guilty but it seems to show an aggressive approach to his job, which was on full display that day.

Believe me, I'm not at all defending Floyd, but I believe the actions of Chauvin was a factor in his death on that particular day.

4 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

yeah, i'm a big supporter of cops, but I'm going to disagree with you here.  oftentimes cop haters will say something like "a speeding ticket wasn't worth a death sentence", but then you watch the video and the guy who ended up dead was only going to get a speeding ticket until he tried to run over a cop or fought them and got shot.  In those cases, it really pisses me off that it's made out like police killed a guy for a minor infraction.  That said, this case was something different.  it doesn't matter if this guy had a potentially fatal level of fentanyl in his system, or if he was already talking about having trouble breathing in the car, or anything else.  It doesn't matter than he was a bad person with a criminal record, and it doesn't matter that he resisted.  While he was restrained and no longer a threat (and very much alive), an officer put a knee on his neck and left it there until he was very much dead.  Chavin absolutely deserved to go to jail.  Maybe a thin argument can be made that it wasn't murder, but he definitely committed crimes. I think reasonable arguments could be made for the other officers with him to not be convicted.   So many of the cases where I see police prosecuted they either did nothing wrong or made very understandable mistakes.  Neither of those categories fit this crime.  

Before everybody starting spouting out stuff on this subject, nobody has has had all the facts on this case because what has happened since that incident is what the powers that be wanted to happen. There's a new documentary out call The Fall of Minnesota. It has a bunch of information that has never before been released to the public. Bodycam footage, police logs, witness testimony  previously not released. I'll just say take a look at the documentary. Things weren't as they have been portrayed. 

In my opinion, the real story is not that a man was killed and/or murdered. The reaction to that death (whether wrongful or not) is the real story. I can unequivocally say the violence and wrongdoings as a reaction to George Floyd’s death, the entire joke known as the BLM organization and the disregard for law enforcement as a whole is a travesty that will be long felt even after my grandchildren have passed. 

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

In my opinion, the real story is not that a man was killed and/or murdered. The reaction to that death (whether wrongful or not) is the real story. I can unequivocally say the violence and wrongdoings as a reaction to George Floyd’s death, the entire joke known as the BLM organization and the disregard for law enforcement as a whole is a travesty that will be long felt even after my grandchildren have passed. 

True

but they’ll blame it on the white man like usual

On 11/25/2023 at 11:00 PM, tvc184 said:

The autopsy showed a potentially fatal amount of fentanyl in his blood stream, methamphetamine, cotinine (while nicotine itself is not likely fatal alone, but it raises the heart rate and blood pressure), hypertension, severe arteriosclerosis and he was gasping for breath while he was in the back of a police unit.

He was ruled to die of cardiopulmonary arrest with several issues that could have caused death…. BUT, the prosecution says to the jury to ignore all of that and determine that a single issue caused his death.

How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt a cause of death when more than one factor could have caused it? 

Your doubt doesn’t mean squat. A jury of his peers was convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he murdered George Floyd. They heard ALL of the evidence, not just what gets cherry picked and fed to you in your little bubble.