Jasper vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

2 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Looking at level of competition and results I wouldn’t be ashamed of saying I think Bellville is better than Franklin this year.  But we shall never know. 

Franklin 33-30 woodville

Franklin 28-13 diboll

Franklin 29-14 jasper

Bellville 61-7 silsbee

I think most in our area would be picking Bellville in a head to head with Franklin

But nonetheless, good luck trying to get your revenge against Lorena this week  

Well if it was week 1-4 Franklin vs Bellville now then yes I would go with Bellville. But Playoff Franklin in week 4 is a totally different monster then regular season Franklin.

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Madisonville also beat Diboll by 10 which Bellville beat Madisonville 67-0… but you never know in these hypothetical matchups… Franklin has a hell of a team

Columbus also beat Madisonville pretty bad who just got handled by Lorena. Lorena vs Franklin was decided by a last sec FG. But only reason I spoke up was because the comment of "how much better is Bellville then Franklin". Bellville has a hell of a team but if a game is on the line in the playoffs I'm riding with the team that is playing for its 4th straight trip to Jerry world and a head coach with the record of 56-4 and a playoff record of 21-1 with the only lost being by 1 in the championship. As i'm sure you would do the same and ride with the Bellville coaching staff and team. I want to pull for jasper to win because we played them but at the end of the day you ride with you're own as in the SLOT-T MAFIA.

12 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Columbus also beat Madisonville pretty bad who just got handled by Lorena. Lorena vs Franklin was decided by a last sec FG. But only reason I spoke up was because the comment of "how much better is Bellville then Franklin". Bellville has a hell of a team but if a game is on the line in the playoffs I'm riding with the team that is playing for its 4th straight trip to Jerry world and a head coach with the record of 56-4 and a playoff record of 21-1 with the only lost being by 1 in the championship. As i'm sure you would do the same and ride with the Bellville coaching staff and team. I want to pull for jasper to win because we played them but at the end of the day you ride with you're own as in the SLOT-T MAFIA.

It was no knock against Franklin.   Squeezing by Woodville and beating Diboll by 2 TDs is not in the same realm as what Bellville did to Silsbee in my opinion based on what I believe I know about football in SE Texas.    And for what it is worth, I hope Bellville is not better than Franklin because that would give Jasper a shot at an upset.  If Bellville is markedly better than Franklin then Jasper is in for a long night I am afraid.

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Bellville will not beat Jasper like they did Silsbee. Jasper is better up front defensively.

I think Jasper will have trouble scoring against the Bellville defense. That's what impressed me the most last night was their defense.

I don't know if you remember him but DJ Sanders reminds me of Jordan Wells from Navasota absolute beast 

1 hour ago, Hupernikomen said:

It was no knock against Franklin.   Squeezing by Woodville and beating Diboll by 2 TDs is not in the same realm as what Bellville did to Silsbee in my opinion based on what I believe I know about football in SE Texas.    And for what it is worth, I hope Bellville is not better than Franklin because that would give Jasper a shot at an upset.  If Bellville is markedly better than Franklin then Jasper is in for a long night I am afraid.

Difference was Franklin played Woodville week 1 and diboll week 3 with pretty much a new oline and dline that had to gel which they did... Bellville played Silsbee in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Franklin is head and shoulders above what they were to start the year. Think about how big of a difference week 1 to now is.

If you have a pretty athletic QB who can move the pocket, that will give Bellville problems. If you have a drop back pocket passer, he will be on the run all night. I would make #99 chase the QB up field and move the pocket. Not saying you will win, but I think a mobile QB would give you a better chance. Jasper has a pretty big OL. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I always wondered what it would look like to see a team with athletic players run the Slot-T.  I've seen it now in Bellville and it's impressive. Still pulling for the Dawgs to pull off the upset. Go Dawgs !!!

Dude you should have seen Franklin in 2021. It was Scary... 911 total points put up and all but 4 games the starters were pulled at halftime

On 11/25/2023 at 12:57 PM, BBfan061 said:

Could be… I can promise you Jasper will have Bellville’s upmost attention this week 

I will say this about Bellville. They are stone cold focused and whether the team hasn’t won a single game, is 12-0 and every record in between they go in with the mindset to execute to the best of their abilities. This is going to be a great game and both teams are going to pull out all the stops and at the end one will stand. Playoffs at their finest…. Go Bulls 🔥🔥🏈🏈

52 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

So offensively what does Jasper have? Last week I was told that Bellville in no way form or fashion could prepare their defense all week for what they would see last Friday night… 

Jasper’s offense is a lot like Silsbee’s.  Fast and athletic. One difference is Jasper has bit more size on the lines. 

been a while since I have seen a team dominated the way silsbee was.  That was shell shock that they just never recovered from. If jasper can trade scores early it should be a good game. 

i watched png vs LH last year.   Slot T can be stopped if you can make them grind it out and make some mistakes.  

some say it is boring, but I love to see a team do their thing well.  That is what sports is all about.   Walkoviak told me once he would have won multiple championship at jasper had he ran the wishbone at jasper instead of the veer.  Interesting thought… 

11 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Jasper’s offense is a lot like Silsbee’s.  Fast and athletic. One difference is Jasper has bit more size on the lines. 

been a while since I have seen a team dominated the way silsbee was.  That was shell shock that they just never recovered from. If jasper can trade scores early it should be a good game. 

i watched png vs LH last year.   Slot T can be stopped if you can make them grind it out and make some mistakes.  

some say it is boring, but I love to see a team do their thing well.  That is what sports is all about.   Walkoviak told me once he would have won multiple championship at jasper had he ran the wishbone at jasper instead of the veer.  Interesting thought… 

I agree I don’t think it’s boring either… I’m really curious about how many times Bellville has turned the ball over this year… looking back on each game I’ve seen which is most of them I really think it’s single digits 

This game has intrigued me... only team this season to beat Jasper convincingly was Franklin. Jasper had one first down at half time. Franklin was up 17-0 at half. The score was 29-8 with a minute left in the game when Jasper scored again. It just so happens that now they are playing another Slot-T team with a good defense. If I'm correct Jaspers big boy on the line is out for the year but played against Franklin which could hurt Jasper. Jasper has some great athletes but the achilles hill for them is coaching imo.