Jasper vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

I think this game is a lot more interesting than it appears on paper.  We could we be dealing with a Cinderella here.  Remember,  under the shabby stepdaughter attire Cinderella was a beautiful and sweet girl and had some good athletes.  The Prince realized almost immediately that just because she finished third in her district it didn't mean she wasn't Princess material.  She just needed the fireplace soot washed off and few extra weeks to perfect that defense.  The difference here is our Cinderella already had a good coach.

6 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I think this game is a lot more interesting than it appears on paper.  We could we be dealing with a Cinderella here.  Remember,  under the shabby stepdaughter attire Cinderella was a beautiful and sweet girl and had some good athletes.  The Prince realized almost immediately that just because she finished third in her district it didn't mean she wasn't Princess material.  She just needed the fireplace soot washed off and few extra weeks to perfect that defense.  The difference here is our Cinderella already had a good coach.

Could be… I can promise you Jasper will have Bellville’s upmost attention this week 

7 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Carthage does not have an equivalent to 99 for Bellville. Carthage will be the favorite until someone beats them but 99 will be a problem for Carthage. 

As will #25 #55 #6 #34 #11 #7 and #2 just to name a few.  Bellville’s defense is a well oiled and disciplined.  They are locked in as a whole team and they are on a mission!!  

29 minutes ago, BB25 said:

As will #25 #55 #6 #34 #11 #7 and #2 just to name a few.  Bellville’s defense is a well oiled and disciplined.  They are locked in as a whole team and they are on a mission!!  

No doubt on the BV defense but Carthage will have similar to the players other than #99. The mismatch that 99 creates, sets the table for the others. 

5 minutes ago, house said:

Yea 9 time and defending state champ Carthage has probably never played the likes of players Bellville has.  

Carthage is definitely the favorite to win the Championship for this year and the next two years. However, they do not have a matchup for 99 on BV. It might not matter, but it will be advantage BV DL vs Carthage OL. 

No doubt the dogs are a big underdog but bellville is not 60 points better than silsbee or jasper.   That game snowballed in a big way on the tigers.  Same could happen this week, but that’s why they play the games. 

Not sure how much better bellville is than franklin, but that game film will be watched over and over this week by both teams. 

No one gave Jasper much a chance against LH running this same offense and they had a 2000 yard rusher and 2-1000 yard rushers with a 4th close to 1k yards.  Frankly, we didn’t stop them either except on the goal line to win the game   

I think the difference here is bellville can play defense.  The year we beat LH they couldn’t touch Jasper’s speed at all. 

Go dogs. 

11 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

No doubt the dogs are a big underdog but bellville is not 60 points better than silsbee or jasper.   That game snowballed in a big way on the tigers.  Same could happen this week, but that’s why they play the games. 

Not sure how much better bellville is than franklin, but that game film will be watched over and over this week by both teams. 

No one gave Jasper much a chance against LH running this same offense and they had a 2000 yard rusher and 2-1000 yard rushers with a 4th close to 1k yards.  Frankly, we didn’t stop them either except on the goal line to win the game   

I think the difference here is bellville can play defense.  The year we beat LH they couldn’t touch Jasper’s speed at all. 

Go dogs. 

I agree. I was most impressed with Bellville's defense than I was their offense.

9 hours ago, Horton said:

Carthage D line is the best in 4A  and can stop Belleville running attack. Not saying if they meet that Belleville can’t beat a very young Dawg team, but they better be able to throw the ball.

Didn't that vaunted Carthage D just give up 31 to PG? Yeah, you're world beaters...🤪

1 hour ago, Hupernikomen said:

Go dogs. 

Not sure Bellville is better then Franklin.🤷

44 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Not sure Bellville is better then Franklin.🤷

Looking at level of competition and results I wouldn’t be ashamed of saying I think Bellville is better than Franklin this year.  But we shall never know. 

Franklin 33-30 woodville

Franklin 28-13 diboll

Franklin 29-14 jasper

Bellville 61-7 silsbee

I think most in our area would be picking Bellville in a head to head with Franklin

But nonetheless, good luck trying to get your revenge against Lorena this week  

22 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Looking at level of competition and results I wouldn’t be ashamed of saying I think Bellville is better than Franklin this year.  But we shall never know. 

Franklin 33-30 woodville

Franklin 28-13 diboll

Franklin 29-14 jasper

Bellville 61-7 silsbee

I think most in our area would be picking Bellville in a head to head with Franklin

But nonetheless, good luck trying to get your revenge against Lorena this week  

Madisonville also beat Diboll by 10 which Bellville beat Madisonville 67-0… but you never know in these hypothetical matchups… Franklin has a hell of a team

9 hours ago, Who That said:

Who was the running back last night that was running straight through Silsbee #8 I" believe..The kid was fast and a beast..!?

Hranicky is #8

"Bellville's victory was a true team effort, with many players turning in solid performances. Perhaps the best among them was

This is the hidden content, please
, who rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns on only 12 carries. Hranicky was no stranger to the big play, taking off on a dash that went for 58 yards."

59 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Madisonville also beat Diboll by 10 which Bellville beat Madisonville 67-0… but you never know in these hypothetical matchups… Franklin has a hell of a team

Yeah. Only common opponent was Yoe and both teams soundly beat.   I guess the only way to settle it is to start scheduling each other.  :)