Lamar Basketball 2023-2024 Season

snakehead26

Lamar is not winning this one down 63-47 with 7 minutes left. But I would have been very curious if McNeese still would have made tourney if they had lost this game.

They are projected as a 13 seed but that projection has them winning the conference tourney too.

IMO, if they were to lose this game or the next, they still are a NCAA tourney team.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lamar is not winning this one down 63-47 with 7 minutes left. But I would have been very curious if McNeese still would have made tourney if they had lost this game.

They are projected as a 13 seed but that projection has them winning the conference tourney too.

IMO, if they were to lose this game or the next, they still are a NCAA tourney team.

In metrics they are definitely an NCAA tournament team but I wouldn't count on the selection committee to give the Southland two bids.

18 minutes ago, snakehead26 said:

Agreed. As long as Wade is there they will have both a coaching and recruiting edge.

Lamar is a decent team not a good team. I'd rate them slightly below the middle of the pack nationally. They have seemed to played better as the season progressed and Pryor is the only senior (if the rest of the team chooses to return).

Rumor has it that 1.2 million buyout won’t make it to the summer.  He will be joining his former conference allegedly. 

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Agreed.  And same here.  Having this same discussion today.  They deserve to be in regardless.  But this conference is pretty low on the national scale and getting two teams in would be unheard of.  Will Wade factor would help obviously.  

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

McNeese gonna get paid!

Gave him an extension worth 3 times what the next highest paid coach makes (Brooks) and won’t have to pay a nickel of it and will pocket over a cool mil.  They need to throw the AD Schroyer a stack of those flags (chips) from the Nugget. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, spidersal said:

Pretty simple AggiesAreWe McNeese dominated the SLC this season, yes dominated and then got destroyed by Gonzaga I know the truth hurts you though. In fact it looked like McNeese’s glass was completely empty 

Why would McNeese getting destroyed by a team thats been to the national championship, elite 8, and sweet 16 in the last 3 years hurt anyone?

15 hours ago, spidersal said:

Pretty simple AggiesAreWe McNeese dominated the SLC this season, yes dominated and then got destroyed by Gonzaga I know the truth hurts you though. In fact it looked like McNeese’s glass was completely empty 

McNeese got an unfortunate draw on this one.  Gonzaga deserved their 5-seed but has been much better than that the second half of the season.  When some sees a glass as completely empty, we call that being Spidersalled.

• 3 weeks later...