Lamar Basketball 2023-2024 Season

snakehead26

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lamar now 3-0 in conference play.

This must be a misprint. Right @spidersal?

Nice road victory. Lamar trailed most of the game and came back to take a lead near the end of regulation. Nicholls tied to force overtime and Lamar came through with the victory.

Next is McNeese on the road Monday. McNeese probably the best in the Southland right now and undefeated at home.

14 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

Nice road victory. Lamar trailed most of the game and came back to take a lead near the end of regulation. Nicholls tied to force overtime and Lamar came through with the victory.

Next is McNeese on the road Monday. McNeese probably the best in the Southland right now and undefeated at home.

Cards definitely stole one but also that’s about as well as I’ve seen them play.  The first two conference games were against probably the two worst teams in the conference.  The good news is Lamar isn’t the worst for the first time in 3 years.  Monday will tell us a lot about levels I think. 

Would like to go this one but road conditions in Tyler county don’t look to be very favorable.

pulling for the cards but
Cowboys with a win by double digits

On 1/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, snakehead26 said:

Well Aggies are we, I see the same Lamar basketball team as the past years under Brooks. It’s pretty sad when you can’t beat a team that is 3-12. I am sure there will be several excuses made for these Cardinals though. Let’s face it, they are a bad basketball team. They played better under Price

16 hours ago, spidersal said:

Well Aggies are we, I see the same Lamar basketball team as the past years under Brooks. It’s pretty sad when you can’t beat a team that is 3-12. I am sure there will be several excuses made for these Cardinals though. Let’s face it, they are a bad basketball team. They played better under Price

That’s because you find the most negative thing in every situation.  They went 2-27 two years ago, 9-22 last year.  This year they’re 9-9 after 18 games, and 3-2 in conference (one basket away from 4-1) after going 5-13 last year.  I struggle to understand how someone can look at those results and not note the vast improvement from year to year, but only find things to complain about.  

4 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

That’s because you find the most negative thing in every situation.  They went 2-27 two years ago, 9-22 last year.  This year they’re 9-9 after 18 games, and 3-2 in conference (one basket away from 4-1) after going 5-13 last year.  I struggle to understand how someone can look at those results and not note the vast improvement from year to year, but only find things to complain about.  

Only 18-0, 5-0 is good enough for spidersal.

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He/she does that in every forum, it's hilarious to me now 🤣

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

And the 2-27 wasn’t all on him.  There was some real issues on that team with certain players…..price s players. I don’t believe any coach coming in would ve done much better with that team.

And don’t get me wrong I liked price.

I noted that they are a bad basketball team and they are. I noted that they competed better under Price and they did. For some unknown reason you think that 20-58 is a good record. I take it you also think the women’s basketball coach has a better record than Harmony and the softball coach has a better record than Bruner. Some of you simply need to realize that these programs are not very good. As I said they just got beat by a team that was 3-12

Dont want to offend anyone just stating facts

You are either good or your not and these programs as of today are not

23 hours ago, spidersal said:

I noted that they are a bad basketball team and they are. I noted that they competed better under Price and they did. For some unknown reason you think that 20-58 is a good record. I take it you also think the women’s basketball coach has a better record than Harmony and the softball coach has a better record than Bruner. Some of you simply need to realize that these programs are not very good. As I said they just got beat by a team that was 3-12

Dont want to offend anyone just stating facts

You are either good or your not and these programs as of today are not

you're neglecting the fact that you claimed that this team is the same as the last two teams, which is obviously not the case.  That is not a fact.  That's not even an opinion, it's just completely wrong.  you aren't offending anyone, but many of the posters on this site don't necessarily agree with your "facts", especially since all you do is complain about the teams you "support" and talk as negatively and badly about them as possible in about 90% of your posts.

You can rest assured if they were good I would certainly agree and post it and be happy with it. As of now they are not and IMO people need to know it. Especially the new AD or if it HS , the administration 

Lamar’s FB hire seems to be a good one, however both basketball teams, softball, and baseball hires are not getting the job done at Lamar

13 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Next up. t a&m cc. 6-2  lost to pokes by 1

Fg % is low  

don’t shoot the 3 very well, but they rebound especially on the offensive end

keep the big guy off the boards, no easy buckets, low ft %

Hoping we figured some stuff out last night.  UNO’s big may have been the best scoring big they’ve played.  Had about 10 points in the first 8 minutes until the Cards found a matchup he struggled with.  Also will help not struggling against the 3 like we have for 3 years with rim protection.  But that’s easier said than done these days as almost every kid is conditioned out of HS to double down when the ball goes to the block (because very few high schools have a dominant big).  

Disclaimer: I’m biased but I also know of what I speak.