Silsbee (33) @ Bridge City (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

4 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Call me crazy but was BC expecting to compete with a state contender?? Could've suited up the JV squad and still won...

what are you even talking about? they sign up to play the same teams every year. they were fully prepared for this, don't make lame excuses

5 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

If you read who I was quoting, you'll understand then.

Well here I" am if you are talking about me. Yes they are there to compete. They are in are district right. I'm not sorry they couldn't hang". Still 🙏🏻 for the young man but after wacthin the game again he was ran out of bounds but he jumped over the bench him self.! But anyway this game is over and in the books..!🐅🏈

8 hours ago, Who That said:

This is the stupidest post I've seen so far..! Both teams where chipping at each other all night. You just trying to keep the flame burning..! Teams hate losing to Silsbee and then they get mad and so do their parents. Silsbee had no ideal the kid was hurt. But what was sad is the parents in the stands of BC yelling and cursing at the Silsbee players...Great parenting very classy..!

Stay classy silsbee! Stuff like this is all over his social media. Not intentional or accidental yet his teammates are posting ambulances and helicopters about it. Disgusting 

IMG_1779.jpeg

As of 4PM Abraham Munguia was able to move his feet but still had numbness in his legs.  His MRI was clear.

Okay now what?  Is this the end of it.?  He may be able to walk again so we can forget the whole thing?  Final contact was initiated almost 2 yards off the field of play.  Munguia was driven into the bench.  I realize that what happened at the bench was largely happenstance but it should never have come to that.  

This is a Silsbee person typing and from my perspective this isn't over.  

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Well here I" am if you are talking about me. Yes they are there to compete. They are in are district right. I'm not sorry they couldn't hang". Still 🙏🏻 for the young man but after wacthin the game again he was ran out of bounds but he jumped over the bench him self.! But anyway this game is over and in the books..!🐅🏈

He was forced to go over the bench by the Silsbee players coming in hard late. Luckily the Silsbee players all went down in a heap right at the bench or there were going to be more injuries. Don’t sit there and say the Silsbee didn’t force him over the bench.  There was zero reason to make contact with him at that speed with him going out of bounds he was clearly out of bounds. 

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Even before "Bro got layed out" its pretty clear who the aggressors were here. Not surprised at all. 

I wasn’t there, can’t speak on the specifics of this game. But I can say that it’s a crying shame that Silsbee has had all of that talent over the years and got nothing to show for it.  They won’t be playing in December again this year unless they miraculously learn how to control their emotions. This is Texas High School Football, not some AAU tournament.  It’s time to grow up, guys. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I wasn’t there, can’t speak on the specifics of this game. But I can say that it’s a crying shame that Silsbee has had all of that talent over the years and got nothing to show for it.  They won’t be playing in December again this year unless they miraculously learn how to control their emotions. This is Texas High School Football, not some AAU tournament.  It’s time to grow up, guys. 

I agree, but its on the coaches to have a high standard even if it cost losing a game.

26 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I agree, but its on the coaches to have a high standard even if it cost losing a game.

This is just my opinion… it’s not something that a coach can fix. It’s a culture issue at this point. They enjoy the reputation of being classless because the level of talent usually gets them a win despite the played out routine. Nobody else glossed them  “Smoketown.” They did that for themselves. 

Athleticism kept them in the game against Cuero last year, despite the unsportsmanlike behavior and lack of coaching adjustments. Instead of being nine games into the season and refining the behavior that racks up hundred and hundreds of penalty yards, it seems like they’re feeling themselves abs ramping it up, if anything. But it’s nothing new… it’s been going on for years. 

So that’s the question for Silsbee- fans, players, future players, coaches… “when are y’all going to see that you’ll never win it all with that crappy culture?”

Fifteen yards and an automatic first down hurts a lot more than sending somebody to the line for two free throws in a game that’s already out of hand. 

19 hours ago, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

Stay classy silsbee! Stuff like this is all over his social media. Not intentional or accidental yet his teammates are posting ambulances and helicopters about it. Disgusting 

IMG_1779.jpeg

Where exactly did this come from, btw? Did a reverse image search and can't seem to find it. Only thing that comes up directly is a Twitter account that nobody has posted on in a year.

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is just my opinion… it’s not something that a coach can fix. It’s a culture issue at this point. They enjoy the reputation of being classless because the level of talent usually gets them a win despite the played out routine. Nobody else glossed them  “Smoketown.” They did that for themselves. 

Athleticism kept them in the game against Cuero last year, despite the unsportsmanlike behavior and lack of coaching adjustments. Instead of being nine games into the season and refining the behavior that racks up hundred and hundreds of penalty yards, it seems like they’re feeling themselves abs ramping it up, if anything. But it’s nothing new… it’s been going on for years. 

So that’s the question for Silsbee- fans, players, future players, coaches… “when are y’all going to see that you’ll never win it all with that crappy culture?”

Fifteen yards and an automatic first down hurts a lot more than sending somebody to the line for two free throws in a game that’s already out of hand. 

I guess they dont run kids with tires over there head with football gear on  anymore? Dont start them? If that cant change your attitude you kick them off the team. But if you have a coach that is a when it all coach then yeah you will fail. 

On 10/27/2023 at 9:44 PM, JimThorpe said:

It's kind of a hot mess.  If the Tigers are going to have "one of those games" they picked the right week for it.  It's sandwiched between two games where there's little margin for error.

I said the same thing when they played Liberty.. they’re too talented to be playing like that but their fans never see the issue

28 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Comedic white guy take:

”They’re only hurting themselves with this rambunctious behavior.”

I mean, who else are they hurting? A team with that level of talent that is currently undefeated shouldn’t be racking up unsportsmanlike penalties. It’s a sign of a team that lacks discipline and character… both of which will be needed for the six playoff games. My guess is they’ll hit some adversity in week three or four and implode. 

Serious white guy take… Most teams wish that they had the potential that Silsbee squanders on an annual basis. 

On talent alone Silsbee should lead their series with West Orange over the last thirty years. But don’t take my word for it… the Silsbee faithful will argue all day long that Patrick Reed was a far better qb than the mighty Jack Dallas. But Jack played in three state championship games and Reed was more of a ringmaster than a quarterback. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

They won’t be playing in December is correct,of course I’ve seen firsthand what it takes to make it and I know you remember the bs from the Cards that year and even that didn’t faze the team…head down and go to work until the very end was all they knew!

4 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

They won’t be playing in December is correct,of course I’ve seen firsthand what it takes to make it and I know you remember the bs from the Cards that year and even that didn’t faze the team…head down and go to work until the very end was all they knew!

There was only one unsportsmanlike late in that game-late hit out of bounds on our sideline.  That’s it. 

Jack Dallas was a leader. His team looked up to him because had a hi IQ for football. I remember him having a 3-minute offense where we got countless TD to beat EVERBODY. No dirty plays just hard-nosed football.  I don’t know who Reed is but where is he now? Jack is in the minors’ league playing baseball his first love.

11 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Jack Dallas was a leader. His team looked up to him because had a hi IQ for football. I remember him having a 3-minute offense where we got countless TD to beat EVERBODY. No dirty plays just hard-nosed football.  I don’t know who Reed is but where is he now? Jack is in the minors’ league playing baseball his first love.

Calvin Tyler Jr was the feature back for Silsbee in ‘16…. We beat them that year. I remember them having to separate two of their own players in their secondary after one of our touchdowns. 

Tyler was in camp with the Browns this fall, btw.