West Brook VS Beaumont United

thaferrett

I thought about going to this game so I can keep my streak of attending at least one game at that stadium going since it opened.

But, nobody offered to pay me to go. Also, I have been told from some local coaches to expect a playoff game or two to be held there this year so I can keep my streak going that way.

Now, if someone paid me or at least bought my pregame meal at Pappadeaux's, then I might consider.

I got United winning 18-6.

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I thought about going to this game so I can keep my streak of attending at least one game at that stadium going since it opened.

But, nobody offered to pay me to go. Also, I have been told from some local coaches to expect a playoff game or two to be held there this year so I can keep my streak going that way.

Now, if someone paid me or at least bought my pregame meal at Pappadeaux's, then I might consider.

I got United winning 18-6.

So what game you going to this week? 

Another week and another thread you have folks with these stale lame jokes.  Like I said before, keep it up.  Because I know on a normal year of Beaumont football, at least one of our teams would take your team behind the woodshed.  Those days will happen more sooner than you think.  Then I’ll revisit these little jokes.  

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Another week and another thread you have folks with these stale lame jokes.  Like I said before, keep it up.  Because I know on a normal year of Beaumont football, at least one of our teams would take your team behind the woodshed.  Those days will happen more sooner than you think.  Then I’ll revisit these little jokes.  

No offense buddy, and I am not piling on, but when?   WB hasn't had a winning record in four years through 2 coaches.   BU hasn't had a winning record at all since it was formed (best year 5-5) and that is through 3 different coaches.

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Somebody is inside their feelings but you have never been a fan of the truth........ LOL

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It cycles. Something will change and one or both of the Beaumont schools will get better. The sad thing is Beaumont Central used to take the locals schools behind the woodshed all the time. Even Ozen got its licks in sometimes. It’s weird that combining them made them worse. And we all know Westbrook can be better than they are. The pendulum will swing one of these days and we’ll be talking about another Westbrook playoff run. But, Beaumont ISD administrators needs to get off their self-serving, myopic, arrogant butts and hire a real coaching staff, not just some guy who used to coach in Beaumont who everyone is friends with. 

3 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It cycles. Something will change and one or both of the Beaumont schools will get better. The sad thing is Beaumont Central used to take the locals schools behind the woodshed all the time. Even Ozen got its licks in sometimes. It’s weird that combining them made them worse. And we all know Westbrook can be better than they are. The pendulum will swing one of these days and we’ll be talking about another Westbrook playoff run. But, Beaumont ISD administrators needs to get off their self-serving, myopic, arrogant butts and hire a real coaching staff, not just some guy who used to coach in Beaumont who everyone is friends with. 

Yes, it happens,

in the Early 2000's Ozen was a great program, producing D-1 athletes, even with Brook taking a lot of their athletes. They did sputter after Brooks left, I believe, but still had some good years and good teams.  

Central was always a powerhouse with probably some of the best athletes in in the State, I definitely seen them take a lot of teams to the woodshed. but like stated in another thread I believe Coaching failed this team more times than not. 

Westbrook most years was the top team in the area, a few of Rabbs years we're below expectations but for majority of the time the only reason they weren't playing deep into December was due to playing in Texas 5A and later on 6A but was still able to make it to the final game. Still an all Brook has produced.

Like you stated I can't see both schools becoming like a La Marque or Galveston Ball, but still I wouldn't be surprised, there has been a large exodus of athletes out of Beaumont. 

55 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Yes, it happens,

in the Early 2000's Ozen was a great program, producing D-1 athletes, even with Brook taking a lot of their athletes. They did sputter after Brooks left, I believe, but still had some good years and good teams.  

Central was always a powerhouse with probably some of the best athletes in in the State, I definitely seen them take a lot of teams to the woodshed. but like stated in another thread I believe Coaching failed this team more times than not. 

Westbrook most years was the top team in the area, a few of Rabbs years we're below expectations but for majority of the time the only reason they weren't playing deep into December was due to playing in Texas 5A and later on 6A but was still able to make it to the final game. Still an all Brook has produced.

Like you stated I can't see both schools becoming like a La Marque or Galveston Ball, but still I wouldn't be surprised, there has been a large exodus of athletes out of Beaumont. 

I feel if both teams pick the right coach and start winning, the athletes will stay.  Probably have athletes walking the halls right now that would/could contribute.

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I feel if both teams pick the right coach and start winning, the athletes will stay.  Probably have athletes walking the halls right now that would/could contribute.

In bold: that's a fact. Been one for a few years now. 

2 hours ago, TexazBall said:

Yes, it happens,

And Ball is on the uptick thanks to being placed in an HISD district.

10 hours ago, pine curtain said:

Somebody is inside their feelings but you have never been a fan of the truth........ LOL

You would like to believe that, but nah.  Just exactly what I said about a normal Beaumont team smacking whatever team you support silly and offering to revisit this  conversation.  

"Evolve or Dissolve"...BISD refuses to do this and this is the result of it! Sad to say but Beaumont don't have a clue on what it takes to run a successful athletic program, they're literally 20 years behind most programs. From facilities, offensive/defensive schemes they're running, systems that's in place, admin etc etc.