Crosby Superintendent

49 minutes ago, show me the money said:

Is she in over her head and destroying Crosby ISD and extracurricular activities? 

Four day week didn’t attract teachers!  

Fired winning head baseball coach!

Fired AD numbers lower than ever!      

Trying to pass another bond 85M! 

There’s so much growth in that area what was it 12-15 brand new neighborhoods getting built over there. I don’t see an issue with Crosby getting a jump now on wanting to build a new elementary and middle school to accommodate those kids. In reality kudos to them for thinking ahead…

15 hours ago, show me the money said:

Is she in over her head and destroying Crosby ISD and extracurricular activities? 

So Dr. Patterson is an amazing person no question about it. Having worked with her as a teacher of her child she was always really positively involved. From what my contacts (former colleagues) in the building can tell me that nearly all of her mistakes that are being viewed are about athletics. 

Every school in the entire district has been measurably better under her leadership. She has taken several schools that had rating issues such as the middle school and Barrett Primary and pushed them into well rated academic schools. The education in Crosby has literally never been better than it is today. Within a school district with 50% free and reduced lunches you have a thriving academic environment. 

Football coach hire was a failure under her leadership and those ultimately fall to the Supers feet in these sort of districts. The truth is firing the coach and hiring a new one is much more palatable then firing a Super, especially one with a lot of community support and who has measurable achievements. 

Not privy on the baseball coach situation but I'll take your word on it. 

Four day work week is in year one that'd be like measuring success for your child at the two week mark and saying your kids an A student. 

85 Million Bond is about growth, and getting buildings up and running before every building is beyond capacity. It won't be the last bond because the area is exploding with growth. I wouldn't be surprised if the two high school talk starts again. 

Too many people forget what a Superintendents job is. It has nothing to do with the football team or baseball team and if that's all your going to look at with a district then you need to get your priorities straightened out. 

As someone who has three nieces and nephews in the district I could care less if the entire athletics program imploded if it meant my family gets a better education. I'm about as hard core a Crosby football fan as there is but priorities are waaaaay off on this post. 

25 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

So Dr. Patterson is an amazing person no question about it. Having worked with her as a teacher of her child she was always really positively involved. From what my contacts (former colleagues) in the building can tell me that nearly all of her mistakes that are being viewed are about athletics. 

Every school in the entire district has been measurably better under her leadership. She has taken several schools that had rating issues such as the middle school and Barrett Primary and pushed them into well rated academic schools. The education in Crosby has literally never been better than it is today. Within a school district with 50% free and reduced lunches you have a thriving academic environment. 

Football coach hire was a failure under her leadership and those ultimately fall to the Supers feet in these sort of districts. The truth is firing the coach and hiring a new one is much more palatable then firing a Super, especially one with a lot of community support and who has measurable achievements. 

Four day work week is in year one that'd be like measuring success for your child at the two week mark and saying your kids an A student. 

85 Million Bond is about growth, and getting buildings up and running before every building is beyond capacity. It won't be the last bond because the area is exploding with growth. I wouldn't be surprised if the two high school talk starts again. 

Too many people forget what a Superintendents job is. It has nothing to do with the football team or baseball team and if that's all your going to look at with a district then you need to get your priorities straightened out. 

As someone who has three nieces and nephews in the district I could care less if the entire athletics program imploded if it meant my family gets a better education. I'm about as hard core a Crosby football fan as there is but priorities are waaaaay off on this post. 

Absolutely agree 

15 hours ago, show me the money said:

So apparently everyone is saying you got it all wrong. What do you have to say about that? Replies?

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So apparently everyone is saying you got it all wrong. What do you have to say about that? Replies?

Two people who might be kinfolk or personal friends doesn’t mean everyone. I believe she gets the bond passed and moves on to much more political life in education. Does she destroy morale and community involvement on her way out? Just my opinion through interactions with staff and others. Time will tell. 

41 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

So according to you she is good on the education side but bad on the sports side.

That is kinda like saying my kid passed all her subjects but but failed PE. 

They are still on the failure list

Welcome to TEXAS where football is KING.

9 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

So according to you she is good on the education side but bad on the sports side.

That’s a silly analogy. Plus you can get a PE waiver. Cmon now. 

Not sure of the hiring and firing for the particular sports, I am sure she has her reasons and we may never understand nor agree. She get paid the big bucks to make those tough decisions. Let's be real, it's a demographic shift that is affecting the athletic program (yeah I said it). Somewhere near 2009 CISD was approx 60%+ Caucasian and now it's 37%, NUMBERS DON'T LIE. A quick Google search will confirm my number quote. Unfortunately, the population (now majority) that's moving to Crosby don't particularly play Football nor basketball. I included basketball into the conversation because last year the varsity lost both district games to Sterling. It will take anyone a while to find when the last time Crosby Basketball lost to Sterling. Point is, it's not just Football that is having a rough time. The problem is not just the Supt, if she is even part of the problem, It's bigger than her, when your best basketball player is a Soph and the HC's son, there is a problem. He is also one of the top WR.

Not many HS not collegiate sports can thrive when the leading players are underclassmen.

2021 was an anomaly and should not be confused with the standards of the football team from year to year. That 2021 class had a lot of move-in kids, whole family moved here and not just an athletic transfer. Therefore, their results sort of skewed the football program expectations. The same for basketball, PJ Haggerty was a transfer and since his college departure the Bball program has been anemic, to say the least. This is not about transfers, but just to point the obvious in regard to move-in/transfer kids. The same for BH girls Bball, when C Collier transferred from Crosby to BH their girls program thrived. Haven't heard much about the girl program since (IJS).

#maketransfersgreatagain (LOL)

I try to not make general statements and state actual facts.

58 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Since when does the Superintendent coach defense?

46 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I could not agree more. Here's my take on things...for what its worth: when the football team is successful, then everything else usually follows suit. I'm still lost as to why Coach Prieto was run off? Where is the new Crosby head coach from? Good luck with the mess you have created Crosby! 

19 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

it's a demographic shift that is affecting the athletic program (yeah I said it). Somewhere near 2009 CISD was approx 60%+ Caucasian and now it's 37%, NUMBERS DON'T LIE.

So are you saying more non Caucasians have made the program less successful? I’m not sure I’m following you.

16 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So are you saying more non Caucasians have made the program less successful? I’m not sure I’m following you.

That's what you said, nothing to interpret. Just stating facts about the ISD #s. Don't argue with me, argue with the #s. I referenced the numbers because of other people observation about participation #s were low. It's not about race but actual facts. When your school's majority demographic is from an ethnicity that traditionally don't play a particular sport(s), quite naturally the participation #s are going to be low. 

17 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

2021 was an anomaly and should not be confused with the standards of the football team from year to year. That 2021 class had a lot of move-in kids,

2021 was not an anomaly. 2021 was the result of  a good class of kids, a single move in and a staff that came together to out work the staffs of every team they faced. This was in the midst of covid. While many staffs did everything they could to take as much of the year off, the staff that Prieto had hired only a year prior did everything they could to continue to practice as often as the UIL and other BS restrictions would allow. Did we have some exceptional HS players? Yes. Deniquez Dunn and Reggie Branch are among the best HS players I've had the chance to be around. But, the 2021 team did not have nearly as many college committed athletes as the current Crosby team does. 

Prieto was run off. Plain and simple. He was never allowed to implement the changes he asked for despite his success. There was still CODE RED painted on the walls of the cafeteria and Gym 2 years into his tenure as coach despite this being the mantra of the previous staff. The facilities of Crosby ISD are awful and frankly unsafe and unsanitary. The field house where the varsity dresses for home games is infested with mice and only has one working toilet. The showers are used as storage for the old weight room equipment. the practice fields are useless because they are never mowed and more closely resemble a vacant farm plot than an athletic facility of a program that played 31 games in two years. 

It is my opinion that the Superintendent had her fragile little ego bruised when all of her church friends asked her about Prieto and his success more often than the success of the ideas she had implemented. She did nothing to keep him when he was being offered other jobs. She made this business personal instead of doing her job which is to employ and keep quality employees.  

28 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

That's what you said, nothing to interpret. Just stating facts about the ISD #s. Don't argue with me, argue with the #s. I referenced the numbers because of other people observation about participation #s were low. It's not about race but actual facts. When your school's majority demographic is from an ethnicity that traditionally don't play a particular sport(s), quite naturally the participation #s are going to be low. 

No, that's not what I said. I'm asking you a question, because I don't get your point. What ethnicity doesn't play football?

This year for Crosby football is a perfect storm of what can go wrong in a program. Most districts do everything they can to prevent the situations that Crosby is currently facing. 

Superintendent runs off the Head Football Coach and AD (school board is not aware of the issues and never has a chance to intervene)

Entire staff except a couple of hold outs finds new jobs. 

Hire of new AD is made very late in the year 

Kids only lift weights during the summer and do not implement any of the new system they will be running until first practice

Small class of seniors with few athletes that can contribute to Varsity FB

Dwindling numbers at the Junior High level. 

Participation at the High School level falling off. 

Hire a retired coach with very few local connections to hire interested and capable coaches

Hire several coaches that are not certified teachers and are first year coaches

Promote multiple Junior High coaches to varsity positions with no varsity or even HS experience

Do not hire enough coaches despite this and work short staffed

Practice the Freshmen, JV and Varsity all at the same practice and divide your small staff amongst them 

A community divided across racial lines with agendas that do not include winning games

Facilities falling apart physically with a maintenance staff that hides more than it works

I could go on, but these issues are nearly insurmountable and will contribute to a miserable season for any program. 

14 minutes ago, FNG said:

2021 was not an anomaly. 2021 was the result of  a good class of kids, a single move in and a staff that came together to out work the staffs of every team they faced. This was in the midst of covid. While many staffs did everything they could to take as much of the year off, the staff that Prieto had hired only a year prior did everything they could to continue to practice as often as the UIL and other BS restrictions would allow. Did we have some exceptional HS players? Yes. Deniquez Dunn and Reggie Branch are among the best HS players I've had the chance to be around. But, the 2021 team did not have nearly as many college committed athletes as the current Crosby team does. 

Prieto was run off. Plain and simple. He was never allowed to implement the changes he asked for despite his success. There was still CODE RED painted on the walls of the cafeteria and Gym 2 years into his tenure as coach despite this being the mantra of the previous staff. The facilities of Crosby ISD are awful and frankly unsafe and unsanitary. The field house where the varsity dresses for home games is infested with mice and only has one working toilet. The showers are used as storage for the old weight room equipment. the practice fields are useless because they are never mowed and more closely resemble a vacant farm plot than an athletic facility of a program that played 31 games in two years. 

It is my opinion that the Superintendent had her fragile little ego bruised when all of her church friends asked her about Prieto and his success more often than the success of the ideas she had implemented. She did nothing to keep him when he was being offered other jobs. She made this business personal instead of doing her job which is to employ and keep quality employees.  

You do know that Dunn was a move-in in the 8th grade and Branch transferred in the 11th grade. 2021 didn't get the BIG commitment partly due to COVID and Collegiate players being granted additional years of eligibility. The 2nd part was due to the coaching staff, Coach Mann from Coach Rio staff was a magician in getting kids placed in college. Preto staff didn't have the connection like that.

Class of 2021 college players: Jaylen Herman, Johnathon Fusilier, Reggie Branch, Dunn, Emonte Wilson, Sir Hill, Micheal Ray all went on to play college football. I might even be missing a couple players too, 7 players isn't too bad.

The facility issues you stated are remnants from previous administrations with the Bond usage (mis-usage). The Bond that Dr Moore was in charge of was supposed to take care of all that you have pointed out. The school was supposed to have a Natatorium along with the renovation of the Field House and other things. Money wasn't truly stolen, just used more in some places than others.

I am sure she has an ego, who doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Concerned Citizen said:

You do know that Dunn was a move-in in the 8th grade and Branch transferred in the 11th grade. 2021 didn't get the BIG commitment partly due to COVID and Collegiate players being granted additional years of eligibility. The 2nd part was due to the coaching staff, Coach Mann from Coach Rio staff was a magician in getting kids placed in college. Preto staff didn't have the connection like that.

Class of 2021 college players: Jaylen Herman, Johnathon Fusilier, Reggie Branch, Dunn, Emonte Wilson, Sir Hill, Micheal Ray all went on to play college football. I might even be missing a couple players too, 7 players isn't too bad.

The facility issues you stated are remnants from previous administrations with the Bond usage (mis-usage). The Bond that Dr Moore was in charge of was supposed to take care of all that you have pointed out. The school was supposed to have a Natatorium along with the renovation of the Field House and other things. Money wasn't truly stolen, just used more in some places than others.

I am sure she has an ego, who doesn't.

So Dunn went to Crosby HS all 4 years. I wouldnt consider that a "Move in" but whatever. 

Don't pass the buck. Don't blame someone else. Her mantra that first year was "this is now!' implying: that was then, this is now. Ok, then take ownership of the problems you inherited with the position and face them. She's been in that position for several years at this point and the facilities are degrading, not improving. There was sewage backed up in the press box sinks and bathrooms for a home game this year. Turf still needs to be replaced. Track is being repaired with cans of flex seal. There's dozens of more examples.

Yes, everyone has an ego. 

Hers has destroyed the athletic programs of a district that was thriving in this department when she was hired. 

9 minutes ago, FNG said:

This year for Crosby football is a perfect storm of what can go wrong in a program. Most districts do everything they can to prevent the situations that Crosby is currently facing. 

Superintendent runs off the Head Football Coach and AD (school board is not aware of the issues and never has a chance to intervene)

Entire staff except a couple of hold outs finds new jobs. 

Hire of new AD is made very late in the year 

Kids only lift weights during the summer and do not implement any of the new system they will be running until first practice

Small class of seniors with few athletes that can contribute to Varsity FB

Dwindling numbers at the Junior High level. 

Participation at the High School level falling off. 

Hire a retired coach with very few local connections to hire interested and capable coaches

Hire several coaches that are not certified teachers and are first year coaches

Promote multiple Junior High coaches to varsity positions with no varsity or even HS experience

Do not hire enough coaches despite this and work short staffed

Practice the Freshmen, JV and Varsity all at the same practice and divide your small staff amongst them 

A community divided across racial lines with agendas that do not include winning games

Facilities falling apart physically with a maintenance staff that hides more than it works

I could go on, but these issues are nearly insurmountable and will contribute to a miserable season for any program. 

Don't forget wasting a Varsity Coaching Position/Stipend on a "DFO".  

2 minutes ago, BetterTogether said:

Don't forget wasting a Varsity Coaching Position/Stipend on a "DFO".  

Same person who cussed out one of their best football players for hugging his former coach? Yeah I've heard. 

Now that kid is recovering from a life threatening car accident that caused a severe concussion and may well have ended his football career. Bet he aint fighting to come back and keep playing for someone who does stuff like that. 

I'm sure these types of decisions are exactly what you're looking for from the director of football operations.