Tigers vs Stangs(The Showdown)

RealTalkRob

2 minutes ago, marshman said:

According to my research, WOS leads the all time series 26-6. Someone I’m sure thought has better records than I do so those numbers could be off a little. 

The six Silsbee wins are correct. Three regular season wins (1993, 2009, 2022). Three playoff wins (1998, 2018, 2019).

I have seen records where WO-S has 24 wins and others that have 26 wins. I believe it to be 26. 26-3 in regular season, 0-3 in playoffs.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The six Silsbee wins are correct. Three regular season wins (1993, 2009, 2022). Three playoff wins (1998, 2018, 2019).

I have seen records where WO-S has 24 wins and others that have 26 wins. I believe it to be 26. 26-3 in regular season, 0-3 in playoffs.

Where would you set the over/under for this game? 85? I think Silsbee easily puts up 50+

35 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Gonna be hard. In my opinion the Qb this year is better then last years. That kid can sling the ball

Too early to tell, IMO. Mason wasn’t the most athletic and certainly not our best QB ever, but his poise was on another level. The last drive in regulation play against Cuero was a perfect example. If I remember correctly, he took us 70 yards in less than 2 minutes to set up a potential game-winning field goal. Never looked like his pulse got over 40. He always kept his eyes down field and made some great throws knowing he was going to get hit. He was extremely accurate with the long ball. He put enough air under it to allow the receivers time to run under it. I’m not saying Moshier isn’t capable, but he has big shoes to fill. Hopefully he can play a big part in getting us to the promise land. Time will tell.

20 minutes ago, noah98 said:

Too early to tell, IMO. Mason wasn’t the most athletic and certainly not our best QB ever, but his poise was on another level. The last drive in regulation play against Cuero was a perfect example. If I remember correctly, he took us 70 yards in less than 2 minutes to set up a potential game-winning field goal. Never looked like his pulse got over 40. He always kept his eyes down field and made some great throws knowing he was going to get hit. He was extremely accurate with the long ball. He put enough air under it to allow the receivers time to run under it. I’m not saying Moshier isn’t capable, but he has big shoes to fill. Hopefully he can play a big part in getting us to the promise land. Time will tell.

Not bashing last year QB. His mechanics throwing the ball was different. I wish we ran the qb some on draws and midline. 

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Not bashing last year QB. His mechanics throwing the ball was different. I wish we ran the qb some on draws and midline. 

I didn’t take it that way. Just offering my thoughts. Bottley is the backup QB and he has been out, so that’s probably why Moshier isn’t running.

Really enjoyed watching Mason play the last 3 years on varsity and 2 starting at QB. Moshier has a big arm and when he is on, lord he is on throwing the ball. I actually think Silsbee WRs are deeper this year than last. You have Mier, Cartwright, Miller, and Baltrip. Silsbee run game doesn't have the brusier like Martin was but Kibbles, Farr, and Brown have done very well. I think the big test will be for Silsbee's defense trying to contain WOS QB running and passing. Silsbee will need to watch the QB draw ans contain the edge. He us a pretty good passed as well. Bring pressure!! 

We all know what Silsbee has and is capable of… they are IMO the team to beat in region 3 (Other than Cuero)… but their non district slate has been pretty easy this season hasn’t it? Granted I think a few of those teams were definitely better last year? Not knocking on the tigers just wanted some other opinions on it. I understand you can’t help it if teams are worse the 2nd year of agreeing to play them. 

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

We all know what Silsbee has and is capable of… they are IMO the team to beat in region 3 (Other than Cuero)… but their non district slate has been pretty easy this season hasn’t it? Granted I think a few of those teams were definitely better last year? Not knocking on the tigers just wanted some other opinions on it. I understand you can’t help it if teams are worse the 2nd year of agreeing to play them. 

Silsbee’s pre district schedule did end up being easier than years past. 3 of the 4 have been good matchups in years past, just ended being down years for them. Would have been good for Silsbee to have faced a really good defense. 

13 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Really enjoyed watching Mason play the last 3 years on varsity and 2 starting at QB. Moshier has a big arm and when he is on, lord he is on throwing the ball. I actually think Silsbee WRs are deeper this year than last. You have Mier, Cartwright, Miller, and Baltrip. Silsbee run game doesn't have the brusier like Martin was but Kibbles, Farr, and Brown have done very well. I think the big test will be for Silsbee's defense trying to contain WOS QB running and passing. Silsbee will need to watch the QB draw ans contain the edge. He us a pretty good passed as well. Bring pressure!! 

I think it's Silsbee's game to lose, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that WOS just hung 50+ on Newton.  I don't think Silsbee's defense has been tested yet this year.  It shouldn't matter at the end of the day, but I wouldn't be surprised if this game is more of a shootout. 

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Pre district teams have been soft. WOS will be a good test where silsbee is at

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it's Silsbee's game to lose, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that WOS just hung 50+ on Newton.  I don't think Silsbee's defense has been tested yet this year.  It shouldn't matter at the end of the day, but I wouldn't be surprised if this game is more of a shootout. 

This was my thought as well.. No doubt in my mind that Silsbee should win this game… But no disrespect to the other schools Silsbee has played this is the first team I would consider at least an average to above average team on their schedule.