Newton (58) @ West Orange-Stark (54) - FINAL

jdawg03

The defense may never be what it once was. The defense was successful because of CT and not just because of the 50. WOS just went toe to toe into overtime with a top ten 5A team, the put 50 on a top ten 3A team losing by a score. They’ll be facing a #2 team next week. I understand the concern but dang, give them the season to prove something one way or the other.

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Absolutely. They claimed CT was racist and needed to go. 

This is the hidden content, please

Edit…. That’s all ancient history now.  We should be talking about the 2023 Stangs and what can be done to help them improve. 

Alright - Well, I have no more sympathy. West Orange fans (at least enough of them) begged for this. Play stupid games, win 58 stupid prizes. 

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Alright - Well, I have no more sympathy. West Orange fans (at least enough of them) begged for this. Play stupid games, win 58 stupid prizes. 

I agree.   Ignorant people come in all colors.

Those same people that wanted CT fired, also wanted a coach to match the demographic of the student/athletes.   That same position was held by the superintendent.

All those people got what they asked for, and I hope they keep Hickman around for several more years.   The longer he keeps his job, along with the staff he hand picked, the further and further the WOS program will fall into the depths of mediocrity.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

I agree.   Ignorant people come in all colors.

Those same people that wanted CT fired, also wanted a coach to match the demographic of the student/athletes.   That same position was held by the superintendent.

All those people got what they asked for, and I hope they keep Hickman around for several more years.   The longer he keeps his job, along with the staff he hand picked, the further and further the WOS program will fall into the depths of mediocrity.

You hit the nail on the head.  And the make up of the school district voters has changed . That is why it will not be changed. They obviously control the school board now. 

24 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Blasphemy

Bro it's getting out of hand fr!! U don't wanna know how bad it is on FB.nor do u wanna know someone house got wrapped.everyone loses here!! And I don't see a end in sight.its worse than what ppl think it is.somethings that has taking place could have been avoided.

1 minute ago, dj said:

Bro it's getting out of hand fr!! U don't wanna know how bad it is on FB.nor do u wanna know someone house got wrapped.everyone loses here!! And I don't see a end in sight.its worse than what ppl think it is.somethings that has taking place could have been avoided.

I know it's getting old. We're all tired of seeing this. I don't think there's one person still wanting to ride the bandwagon. I've been seeing and hearing it every week. The moral is at an all time low. The breaking point is approaching. But the point of no return, is still very far away.

Maybe WOS is spoiled. First and foremost i am no WOS fan.  I respect WOS, the 2 losses were from 2 powerhouse football teams, no creampuffs, quit your complaining and unite one another FOR THE COMMON GOAL.  Not sure CT would have won either,  One thing CT would have done, sideline all this bitching....JMO

Edited by WOSdrummer99

31 minutes ago, jimbob82 said:

Maybe WOS is spoiled. First and foremost i am no WOS fan.  I respect WOS, the 2 losses were from 2 powerhouse football teams, no creampuffs, quit your complaining and unite one another FOR THE COMMON GOAL.  Not sure CT would have won either,  One thing CT would have done, sideline all this bitching....JMO

A CT coached team may have not won either but I guarantee they wouldn’t have given up 58 points!

1 hour ago, jimbob82 said:

CT’s teams were conditioned, and always, ALWAYS sound on defense.

They tackled well, and lined up properly.

They did for 35 years.   

I’m not a WOS fan, or grad, but it’s sad what they’ve purposely done to this program.  As long as the current staff is there, it won’t be getting better.

3 hours ago, jimbob82 said:

I guarantee they would have won both.  He one of the best at making adjustments. 

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Has anyone seen the stats from this game? I’d like to know how many rushing yards Newton had

Newton.     WOS 

Total yards.   323.     532

Pass.              63.      199

Rush.             260.      333

1st downs.     19.        24

Penalties.     10-65.    9-122

Turner 7-19 199 4 td 1 int, 16 car-159 2 TD

14 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

CT would have beaten PNG this year. WOS lost this year, in major part, because they don’t have the conditioning that used to push them over the edge and cancel out PNG’s depth advantage. CT would have fielded a tougher set of bodies. 

Wow, you need to settle down before you have a heart attack, the worst is yet to come.