Little Cypress-Mauriceville (6) @ West Orange-Stark (33) - FINAL

jdawg03

13 hours ago, americasteam22 said:

It just would be better to explore playing other teams. For both schools. There is no good reasoning it is a must to put on the schedule. Doing the same thing year after year is obviously not helping either school

Well, for one it sure costs a lot less money to bus the kids 20 minutes down the road.  I can’t speak for now but in the past many of the players now each other from church, family, community etc and they look forward to the game.

What is the reasoning for NOT playing the game?  What is LCM going to gain from playing another opponent?  Are you asking for a stronger or weaker opponent than LCM?  There was a small window where this game was not played.

1 hour ago, #1stangfan said:

Well, for one it sure costs a lot less money to bus the kids 20 minutes down the road.  I can’t speak for now but in the past many of the players now each other from church, family, community etc and they look forward to the game.

What is the reasoning for NOT playing the game?  What is LCM going to gain from playing another opponent?  Are you asking for a stronger or weaker opponent than LCM?  There was a small window where this game was not played.

I’m just saying it shouldn’t be an automatic scheduled game every two years. Just like we played HF two years ago. Now HJ. Try other teams. Come back to it in a couple years. 
last night was miserable for players and fans. Most years are. Fans honestly could not even get into game until 2nd quarter. How is that possible? Yes WOS wins every year. I’m sure LCM could take a bus to another local school. And the story of not switching last year is completely true. LCM would have switched. I mean BC let us play on their brand new turf before their team got to. Why play a team that treats you that way. 

On 9/3/2023 at 12:22 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Well good. Hes well aware Livingston doesn't have a leg to stang on talking about lcm whippings

Livingston has done well against LCM. Much better than LCM has against the chemical row ponies.

Livingston also competes with and beats its rivals, something I can't say about LCM.

I would like nothing more than to see LCM to pound WOS into the ground every year. The odds of this type of futility is astronomical and frustrating. 

I wish LCM all the best, but I don't think they are gonna beat Livingston. 

BTW...

The whole "sky is falling" mentality at WOS is stupid. Even good programs have a down year or two. Blaming Hickman when Silsbee, Jasper and HF have worked to build up their programs up is just sour grapes. Finishing in the top four in that district should be celebrated, not looked down upon. The whole point is to get to the playoffs and see what happens. It's bad when a LCM Bear has more faith in WOS than the mustang fan base.

33 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Livingston has done well against LCM. Much better than LCM has against the chemical row ponies.

Livingston also competes with and beats its rivals, something I can't say about LCM.

I would like nothing more than to see LCM to pound WOS into the ground every year. The odds of this type of futility is astronomical and frustrating. 

I wish LCM all the best, but I don't think they are gonna beat Livingston. 

BTW...

The whole "sky is falling" mentality at WOS is stupid. Even good programs have a down year or two. Blaming Hickman when Silsbee, Jasper and HF have worked to build up their programs up is just sour grapes. Finishing in the top four in that district should be celebrated, not looked down upon. The whole point is to get to the playoffs and see what happens. It's bad when a LCM Bear has more faith in WOS than the mustang fan base.

Since 2008 livingston is 4-7 against LCM.

5 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

He also says WOS should celebrate finishing 4th in district…

At every level of football except FBS, the goal is to get to the playoffs and hope you have a good run. Your district is tough. Yes, if you finish fourth, you should be happy because you have a chance to play for the state championship. Geez, man, y'all spoiled. Maybe if you miss the playoffs a couple of years in a row you'll appreciate what you have. Mustang fans are insufferable.

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Yes, if you finish fourth, you should be happy because you have a chance to play for the state championship. Geez, man, y'all spoiled

Since going to 4 teams make the playoffs, out of all divisions, how many 4th seeds have played in the final game? 

We just have higher expectations than 1 and done. Something that all teams/staffs/fans should be striving for. Not spoiled, but PROUD of what those that built this program up over 40+ years have accomplished. They set the bar so high, especially for themselves. That even CT getting knocked out in the 4th round to the eventual state champion was disappointing. No participation trophies needed here. I'm gonna have to get an updated pic of the trophy case to show you. I'd bet dollars to donuts we have more wooden trophies than LCM has District Championships. That speaks volumes about our tradition of playing our cross town rival. Bears fans complain about it? Should be the other way around. Mustangs have needed to get out of that game for a long time. But we do appreciate the extra 33 wins for the historic winning % record. Couldn't have done it without teams like lcm and BC. Good luck against them this week.

Waiting for someone to say it's Monday.

15 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Since going to 4 teams make the playoffs, out of all divisions, how many 4th seeds have played in the final game? 

We just have higher expectations than 1 and done. Something that all teams/staffs/fans should be striving for. Not spoiled, but PROUD of what those that built this program up over 40+ years have accomplished. They set the bar so high, especially for themselves. That even CT getting knocked out in the 4th round to the eventual state champion was disappointing. No participation trophies needed here. I'm gonna have to get an updated pic of the trophy case to show you. I'd bet dollars to donuts we have more wooden trophies than LCM has District Championships. That speaks volumes about our tradition of playing our cross town rival. Bears fans complain about it? Should be the other way around. Mustangs have needed to get out of that game for a long time. But we do appreciate the extra 33 wins for the historic winning % record. Couldn't have done it without teams like lcm and BC. Good luck against them this week.

Waiting for someone to say it's Monday.

Y'all really need to miss the playoffs for a few years. Maybe then you will appreciate the hard work your kids and coaching staff put in just to make the playoffs. Making the playoffs is not a birthright. The sense of entitlement on Newton Ave is sickening.

It was disgusting how y'all treated Hampshire Fannett last year after they beat you, like it was all on your coach instead of the longhorns being the better team. Hickman got his team to the playoffs, they just lost to a better team. Happens all the time. Yet y'all want the man gone.

Here's the problem. People ain't moving to Orange. The people who do live in Orange are chosing to send their kids to LCM, Orangefield and Bridge City. People are choosing to move to Hamshire, Fannett, Sour Lake, Lumberton, and Silsbee.

Other areas in the state are growing. Smaller 5A schools are being shoved into 4A and they are 2-3 times bigger than you. The advantages WOS had in the past are gone.  You might have to get used to playing one or two playoff games a year, if you are lucky, until you drop down to 3A. That's what it took for WOS to start winning again last time. 

8 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

At every level of football except FBS, the goal is to get to the playoffs and hope you have a good run. Your district is tough. Yes, if you finish fourth, you should be happy because you have a chance to play for the state championship. Geez, man, y'all spoiled. Maybe if you miss the playoffs a couple of years in a row you'll appreciate what you have. Mustang fans are insufferable.

This is why setx is considered mediocre in football,if everybody thinks like this!If you don’t wanna win a championship then why play…WOS expects to be on top every year and that’s that …I’m done with it have a good one.

3 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

This is why setx is considered mediocre in football,if everybody thinks like this!If you don’t wanna win a championship then why play…WOS expects to be on top every year and that’s that …I’m done with it have a good one.

I stopped reading after he said the lions have done well against lcm, year in year out the lions are questionable to even make the playoffs for as long as they have been on our watered down district 

14 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Y'all really need to miss the playoffs for a few years. Maybe then you will appreciate the hard work your kids and coaching staff put in just to make the playoffs. Making the playoffs is not a birthright. The sense of entitlement on Newton Ave is sickening.

It was disgusting how y'all treated Hampshire Fannett last year after they beat you, like it was all on your coach instead of the longhorns being the better team. Hickman got his team to the playoffs, they just lost to a better team. Happens all the time. Yet y'all want the man gone.

Here's the problem. People ain't moving to Orange. The people who do live in Orange are chosing to send their kids to LCM, Orangefield and Bridge City. People are choosing to move to Hamshire, Fannett, Sour Lake, Lumberton, and Silsbee.

Other areas in the state are growing. Smaller 5A schools are being shoved into 4A and they are 2-3 times bigger than you. The advantages WOS had in the past are gone.  You might have to get used to playing one or two playoff games a year, if you are lucky, until you drop down to 3A. That's what it took for WOS to start winning again last time. 

It's best not to worry about Newton Street, trust and believe we don't care about your team once the game is over. It's always next team up!! 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:10 PM, 72 Pinto said:

I think I nailed it with my prediction on this one.  Seems to be some Bear fans finally questioning their almighty coaching staff.  Better figure it out quickly.  Your next opponent had a coach who's NEVER lost.

Lcm coach caught lightening in a bottle twice... once with WB and once with lcm 🤷‍♂️

On 9/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, americasteam22 said:

I’m just saying it shouldn’t be an automatic scheduled game every two years. Just like we played HF two years ago. Now HJ. Try other teams. Come back to it in a couple years. 
last night was miserable for players and fans. Most years are. Fans honestly could not even get into game until 2nd quarter. How is that possible? Yes WOS wins every year. I’m sure LCM could take a bus to another local school. And the story of not switching last year is completely true. LCM would have switched. I mean BC let us play on their brand new turf before their team got to. Why play a team that treats you that way. 

Take a bus to another local school.... who?!?!  PNG, PAM, Ned, BU, Newton?!?! 

4 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Lcm coach caught lightening in a bottle twice... once with WB and once with lcm 🤷‍♂️

I read he was 33-15 at WB.... hes 18-9 at lcm so far... thats how many years at a very good record? What coaches are you saying he is worst against? Looks like winning numbers to me but my math has to be wrong since you're always right that looks to me like more than 2 winning season 🤣

17 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I read he was 33-15 at WB.... hes 18-9 at lcm so far... thats how many years at a very good record? What coaches are you saying he is worst against? Looks like winning numbers to me but my math has to be wrong since you're always right that looks to me like more than 2 winning season 🤣

Was coming here to say this. Dude's been a head coach for 6 years and the athletic director for less than three at LC-M... He walked into a program that was 2-7 and took them fourth round deep in the playoffs. Last year was lackluster and they faced stiff competition in the first round (Kilgore) but the sky is falling after one rough game against a non-district opponent. I recall in '21 when West Orange did the same (39-20) and what was the result from that year? 

4 minutes ago, JackofAll said:

Was coming here to say this. Dude's been a head coach for 6 years and the athletic director for less than three at LC-M... He walked into a program that was 2-7 and took them fourth round deep in the playoffs. Last year was lackluster and they faced stiff competition in the first round (Kilgore) but the sky is falling after one rough game against a non-district opponent. I recall in '21 when West Orange did the same (39-20) and what was the result from that year? 

I just don't know who else were comparing to. Hes in the upper echelon of this area with his overall coaching record. 

8 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I just don't know who else were comparing to. Hes in the upper echelon of this area with his overall coaching record. 

2 playoff runs.... 1 at WB and 1 at LCM. Other than that it's been lack luster seasons. Well not lack luster cause making the playoffs is an accomplishment when 4 teams go to the playoffs.

Math may be good, but your comprehension is not... Caught lightening in a bottle twice meaning that when he took WB to state he a very good and talented team.  When lcm went 4rds deep he had a talented team.  

Also, I never said he was not a good coach.  All I said is that the caught lightening twice.