Little Cypress-Mauriceville (6) @ West Orange-Stark (33) - FINAL

jdawg03

This was the first of the last three meetings where LCM didn’t compete. I’m hoping WOS is better than many think. Peevey has turned LCM athletics around but it will be hard to maintain that momentum without a winning football program. Football is king. As a side note, no concerns now about transfers from WOS.

8 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Has nothing to do with coaching. It has alot to do with the players playing. 

Coaching has more to do with getting your players to play hard and play disciplined than it dies with wearing a headset.  More important than x and o.  Much more important than opening doors for elementary kids.

2 hours ago, americasteam22 said:

I hope LCM does well this year. But as far as the coaching staff, Peevey and Breaux and staff have totally changed the culture for all LCM. I know their doing everything possible to win and develop great young men and women. There should be no complaints. It’s so much better now. 

13 minutes ago, mat said:

This was the first of the last three meetings where LCM didn’t compete. I’m hoping WOS is better than many think. Peevey has turned LCM athletics around but it will be hard to maintain that momentum without a winning football program. Football is king. As a side note, no concerns now about transfers from WOS.

You guys keep saying Peevey has changed the culture and turned LCM athletics around.  I see turf and one good football season.  I also see a growing reputation of breaking rules and a nosedive for baseball.  Girls sports are good, but weren't they always?  I think it's a lot of fluff and little substance that you're being sold.

18 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

You guys keep saying Peevey has changed the culture and turned LCM athletics around.  I see turf and one good football season.  I also see a growing reputation of breaking rules and a nosedive for baseball.  Girls sports are good, but weren't they always?  I think it's a lot of fluff and little substance that you're being sold.

We lost to WOS. Doesn't mean completely failed season. Watch these kids respond and win more games... yeah yeah peevey all "fluff" whatever... what's his coaching record? Yeah... winning. Hes what 31-13 at the helms? Idk your math but thats not fluff at all...... instilled values even more winning... save it. You're not here and don't see it past forum posts and mouths..... as parcels once said you are what your record days you are

Girls volleyball struggling and shouldn't be but that's another thread

7 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

This team has to be concerning for Bear fans. They catch lightning in a bottle in year 1 with some Coach Crouch Holdovers, and then progressively get worse since. That BC game next week could be very interesting.

That may be lightning in a bottle for the buccaneers. But its another a 5-5 team with the previous coach over here

25 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

We lost to WOS. Doesn't mean completely failed season. Watch these kids respond and win more games... yeah yeah peevey all "fluff" whatever... what's his coaching record? Yeah... winning. Hes what 31-13 at the helms? Idk your math but thats not fluff at all...... instilled values even more winning... save it. You're not here and don't see it past forum posts and mouths..... as parcels once said you are what your record days you are

Girls volleyball struggling and shouldn't be but that's another thread

I agree that this loss doesn't tank your season.  I agree that you are what your record is, but his has progressively dropped at two different places.  Personally, I think the Morris kid is more responsible for LCM success than anyone.  He was really good.

Enlighten me on what he's changed and done to make things so much better for all of LCM.  I'll hang up and listen.

9 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

I agree that this loss doesn't tank your season.  I agree that you are what your record is, but his has progressively dropped at two different places.  Personally, I think the Morris kid is more responsible for LCM success than anyone.  He was really good.

Enlighten me on what he's changed and done to make things so much better for all of LCM.  I'll hang up and listen.

There is no elighting you if you have to ask,  nor anyone else who says that no matter how many facts are presented and have been talked about here 

WoS was the better team last night let's let them enjoy this victory and talk about how good they played.

12 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

I can agree with some of this...Maybe we should start giving Landry at QB , Morris, and a select few other players a little more credit for great season 2 yrs ago and coaching a little less credit 🤷 bc last year, and so far this year doesn't look much different than Crouch years 

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

There is no elighting you if you have to ask,  nor anyone else who says that no matter how many facts are presented and have been talked about here 

WoS was the better team last night let's let them enjoy this victory and talk about how good they played.

1 minute ago, BattlinBear02 said:

I can agree with some of this...Maybe we should start giving Landry at QB , Morris, and a select few other players a little more credit for great season 2 yrs ago and coaching a little less credit 🤷 bc last year, and so far this year doesn't look much different than Crouch years 

Ashton Landry was also very good.  And Amir Washington.  I believe players are more important to success than coaches, but the two go hand in hand.

@setxathlete14 I would like an answer to the question.  What has Peevey done to make things so much better at LCM?  These facts may have already been presented, but I must have missed them.  I will say that the loyalty the man has inspired with some on here is impressive. 

5 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Exactly. That team with Landry was a good group of kids. Now your back to the 5-5 years. This is where Peevy earns his money and makes you a stand out coach with medicore talent.  I didn't like how Crouch would walk away from everyone on the sideline and wouldn't be involved  in coaching during the game. Peevy with no headset is at-least around the the other coaches. 

25 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

Living in LCM I can tell you it’s better. Football is better and more competitive. Had two over 500 seasons which at LCM was first time in many decades. Football is king, and someone said baseball has fallen off but WOS baseball is not even on any map known to sports. 

Last night LCM did not look competitive. Its a fact LCM baseball program is near bottom by WOS which is sad to see. Coach Griff won alot games. I lived in LCM many years and graduated from there. LCM imo football hasnt changed. We have good groups of kids come through the program but we still lack the talent year in and year out. A 6-5 season is nothing to be proud of.   

16 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Last night LCM did not look competitive. Its a fact LCM baseball program is near bottom by WOS which is sad to see. Coach Griff won alot games. I lived in LCM many years and graduated from there. LCM imo football hasnt changed. We have good groups of kids come through the program but we still lack the talent year in and year out. A 6-5 season is nothing to be proud of.   

I agree with some of your statements, but I do see big improvements in football. Winning is important but the program overall is way more disciplined and positive. Of course people can find negative but it is tremendously better. I am a huge Friday night fan and had a kid in program with both coaches. The comparisons are not even close. 

2 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Ashton Landry was also very good.  And Amir Washington.  I believe players are more important to success than coaches, but the two go hand in hand.

@setxathlete14 I would like an answer to the question.  What has Peevey done to make things so much better at LCM?  These facts may have already been presented, but I must have missed them.  I will say that the loyalty the man has inspired with some on here is impressive. 

Peevey is partially responsible for improved facilities and equipment. He has greatly improved the student numbers in year round programs not just starting at JH but down into elementary. Hopefully in a couple years we’ll see the fruits of the labor. He strongly supports all students and his staff. He has done a good job promoting a new culture. These are things you won’t see by jumping on this site Saturday morning. However, he needs another winning season to not lose momentum. 

congrats WOS on the win and good luck on the season

6 minutes ago, mat said:

Peevey is partially responsible for improved facilities and equipment. He has greatly improved the student numbers in year round programs not just starting at JH but down into elementary. Hopefully in a couple years we’ll see the fruits of the labor. He strongly supports all students and his staff. He has done a good job promoting a new culture. These are things you won’t see by jumping on this site Saturday morning. However, he needs another winning season to not lose momentum. 

congrats WOS on the win and good luck on the season

This. He has put in so much more effort than Crouch, Moody, and Williams (at least in his later years) in getting buy-in to LCM athletics from the lower grades up. 

35 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

I agree with some of your statements, but I do see big improvements in football. Winning is important but the program overall is way more disciplined and positive. Of course people can find negative but it is tremendously better. I am a huge Friday night fan and had a kid in program with both coaches. The comparisons are not even close. 

I agree peevy is better then crouch and moody no doubt. 

58 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

An aside, but Griff leaving had more to with the talent (or lack thereof) in the pipeline at the lower levels.