Beaumont United (14) @ Port Neches-Groves (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

IZZY is right and it’s not about coaching or athletes at this point in BISD. Both schools have more than enough athletes to at least compete, and when I say compete I saying w/ 5A programs SMDH... The infrastructure for FOOTBALL is HORRIBLE. You can't compete at the 6A level when you don't have all of your COACHES/ATHLETES in the athletic period. Your athletes are put into BEHIND the 8ball when the playing field is not level. 6A OC/DC coordinators should not teach full loads of classes and only coach after school. Athletes cannot compete when the only time they are coached is after school. UIL and the state of TEXAS has allowed sport specific athletic classes (PE/ Athletic Periods) and when some schools take advantage and others don't it shows on the field. Also financially (the stipends in BISD) are not comparable to any of other 6A programs in the state so bringing in quality coaches/ or keeping coaches in a small town compared to LARGER DISTRICTS is hurting no only FB but all sports.. Im sorry but Basketball has a total of less than 50 players in a program. A quality FB program will have 100-120 so make it make since where BISD is putting their attention when it comes Athletics....   

Ay Coach you too loud! The folks on here gone say you don’t know what you talking about when in reality they can’t relate to nothing we post on here cause they ain’t never done it. 

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Freshman & Senior year I beat 2/2 not too bad lol

Ozen has beaten png 3 times. They beat png in 2002 (Png was 5-5), 2008 (Png was 3-6) and 2012 (Png was 2-8). 2008 and 2012 were the two worst seasons for png this century, and 2002 is tied for third worst. No ozen team has ever beaten a good png team. So, congratulations, I guess. You slew the beast. 

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Ozen has beaten png 3 times. They beat png in 2002 (Png was 5-5), 2008 (Png was 3-6) and 2012 (Png was 2-8). 2008 and 2012 were the two worst seasons for png this century, and 2002 is tied for third worst. No ozen team has ever beaten a good png team. So, congratulations, I guess. You slew the beast. 

Not sure what this means but I just stated facts…

16 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Freshman & Senior year I beat 2/2 not too bad lol

I was just saying that cause you was given the United folks the business about scheduling 6A teams instead of PNG. PNG is usually one of the more competitive Houston/Golden Triangle Area 5A schools, although they lack overall team speed, they’ll punch you in the mouth.

And I get Ozen was 5A, I think the bigger complaint is with school district more so then the coaches at the school. I’ve never coached HS football, but I assume there is a budget, and neither one of us knows what that is. So for local competition, I would say that’s a good pick especially what they make in gate fees due to the PNG following.

6 hours ago, alwaysright said:

I was just saying that cause you was given the United folks the business about scheduling 6A teams instead of PNG. PNG is usually one of the more competitive Houston/Golden Triangle Area 5A schools, although they lack overall team speed, they’ll punch you in the mouth.

And I get Ozen was 5A, I think the bigger complaint is with school district more so then the coaches at the school. I’ve never coached HS football, but I assume there is a budget, and neither one of us knows what that is. So for local competition, I would say that’s a good pick especially what they make in gate fees due to the PNG following.

For the last time you gain NOTHING from playing a below average 5A team as a 6A program. Whether you win or lose you gain nothing from playing them, ESPECIALLY when you’re playing in the best district in the state. Simple concept to grasp…

19 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

For the last time you gain NOTHING from playing a below average 5A team as a 6A program. Whether you win or lose you gain nothing from playing them, ESPECIALLY when you’re playing in the best district in the state. Simple concept to grasp…

Calling PNG below avg is not accurate.

What Izzy is saying from a coaches point which has to be respected since he has both played and coached at a level higher than most of the people trying to discredit him is simply this.. 6A programs especially a program which will see not only the best in HOUSTON AREA but the STATE. NORTH SHORE, ATASCACITA, CE KING (who knocked off a perennial top ten school as of recently) not too mention SUMMER CREEK. Gains nothing in regards to preparing for DISTRICT PLAY by playing down a CONFERENCE. Its like an SEC team playing LAMAR UNIVERSITY in order to prepare for GEORGIA, BAMA, LSU. 5A programs lack the O/LINE and D/LINE players that majority of your 6A schools will feature especially those which are in that Districts. SUMMER CREEK AND ATASCOCITA ALONE will feature at least two Power 5 linemen. When is the last time PNG has had those type of players in the trenches.. They are the norms in that district.. Yes PNG will be disciplined and are very well coached but nothing can prepare you for 6’5 300 every district game but actually facing it!!! 

6 minutes ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

What Izzy is saying from a coaches point which has to be respected since he has both played and coached at a level higher than most of the people trying to discredit him is simply this.. 6A programs especially a program which will see not only the best in HOUSTON AREA but the STATE. NORTH SHORE, ATASCACITA, CE KING (who knocked off a perennial top ten school as of recently) not too mention SUMMER CREEK. Gains nothing in regards to preparing for DISTRICT PLAY by playing down a CONFERENCE. Its like an SEC team playing LAMAR UNIVERSITY in order to prepare for GEORGIA, BAMA, LSU. 5A programs lack the O/LINE and D/LINE players that majority of your 6A schools will feature especially those which are in that Districts. SUMMER CREEK AND ATASCOCITA ALONE will feature at least two Power 5 linemen. When is the last time PNG has had those type of players in the trenches.. They are the norms in that district.. Yes PNG will be disciplined and are very well coached but nothing can prepare you for 6’5 300 every district game but actually facing it!!! 

I remember when Lamar beat Alabama 55-0 and 45-14 two years in a row. Really shook the college football world. 

PN-G has size on the OL. This latest run of success for PN-G over the past three years is due in part to having some kids on the OL and DL with size and agility.  One OT is a JR and he's 6'5" and 270-275. He moves very well for his size.  The other OT is a SOPH and is 6'4"-6'5" and 260+. He too, moves very well for his size.  Last year, Jansen Ware was an OT around 6'4" and 275 and he moved faster than any OL PN-G has had in 20-30 years.  I have no idea what the families in Port Neches and Groves are feeding their kids, but the Indians have been blessed to have some big kids in the trenches.  As for PN-G vs. BU, you can find the game on YouTube.  PN-G controlled the trenches and it was not close.  It was 38-0 at the half. While PN-G may not have the depth of 5A-DI or 6A programs, they do have the front line size to compete. Yes, PN-G's talent is cyclical.  The Indians will not have size in the trenches every year.  They won't have 6'4" and 6'5" QBs and WRs each year.  For the past two or three years, the talent has been there.

What BU needs more than anything is Ws.  They need to play 6A teams, 5A teams, or whoever they can find where they can taste some success.  Ws build confidence and BU needs confidence.  Against PN-G it was 38-0 at the half and BU had no confidence.  They didn't roll over and quit, but they weren't excited to be getting drilled 38-0.  If they have a booster club, I'd go to the coach's video night and ask, why do we throw a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage when it's 3rd and 12?  Why do we send in play calls to our kids with less than 10 seconds on the play clock and then ask our QBs and WRs to assess coverage as the clock winds down to 0?  No slants, crossing routes, or combination routes.  Just fly routes and swing passes.  It didn't take PN-G long to figure that out.  Schedule whoever you can and get some Ws.

2 hours ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

You’re preaching to the choir…they don’t know anything about HS Football outside of setx lol 

2 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

PN-G has size on the OL. This latest run of success for PN-G over the past three years is due in part to having some kids on the OL and DL with size and agility.  One OT is a JR and he's 6'5" and 270-275. He moves very well for his size.  The other OT is a SOPH and is 6'4"-6'5" and 260+. He too, moves very well for his size.  Last year, Jansen Ware was an OT around 6'4" and 275 and he moved faster than any OL PN-G has had in 20-30 years.  I have no idea what the families in Port Neches and Groves are feeding their kids, but the Indians have been blessed to have some big kids in the trenches.  As for PN-G vs. BU, you can find the game on YouTube.  PN-G controlled the trenches and it was not close.  It was 38-0 at the half. While PN-G may not have the depth of 5A-DI or 6A programs, they do have the front line size to compete. Yes, PN-G's talent is cyclical.  The Indians will not have size in the trenches every year.  They won't have 6'4" and 6'5" QBs and WRs each year.  For the past two or three years, the talent has been there.

What BU needs more than anything is Ws.  They need to play 6A teams, 5A teams, or whoever they can find where they can taste some success.  Ws build confidence and BU needs confidence.  Against PN-G it was 38-0 at the half and BU had no confidence.  They didn't roll over and quit, but they weren't excited to be getting drilled 38-0.  If they have a booster club, I'd go to the coach's video night and ask, why do we throw a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage when it's 3rd and 12?  Why do we send in play calls to our kids with less than 10 seconds on the play clock and then ask our QBs and WRs to assess coverage as the clock winds down to 0?  No slants, crossing routes, or combination routes.  Just fly routes and swing passes.  It didn't take PN-G long to figure that out.  Schedule whoever you can and get some Ws.

Bro no matter what you believe about PNG’s personnel…it doesn’t compare to what’s in 6A especially not 21-6A! Hell PNG’s talent compare to most good 5A schools. They don’t come close on the OL/DL or at the skill positions. But again this a concept most of y’all can’t & won’t grasp…y’all just fans lol

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol only in SETX y’all believe this 

I understand what you see and say from a 6A perspective. But you won't convince anyone that a below avg team made it to the state final. I believe you've been drinking too much NS kool-aid from those water fountains at the elementary school. I've suggested before to put in an application and prove yourself. Especially since you have roots in Bmt. They need you c0ach. Unfortunately unless you decide to put up or shut up. You will continue to have these conversations with fans. Btw... this is a fan site. There's a 6A forum out there. That may be a better place for you to express your greatness. Or do they know better? 

9 hours ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

NM

6 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Bro no matter what you believe about PNG’s personnel…it doesn’t compare to what’s in 6A especially not 21-6A! Hell PNG’s talent compare to most good 5A schools. They don’t come close on the OL/DL or at the skill positions. But again this a concept most of y’all can’t & won’t grasp…y’all just fans lol

You keep talking talent and skill, size. I would rather play a group of disciplined, well coached kids any day over a grouping of athletes and big kids with no direction. BU has more skill and size than PN-G and might have a competitive game against our backups. I get your point that getting your a$$ handed to you annually by a group of untalented kids from mid county does nothing to prepare you for the blow outs in district but it actually does. No reason for false hope. You should be applying to take over this BU program with all your knowledge and experience instead of spending your time talking about how great you are on a high school message board. 

Also I have nothing against BU. I hope they come together and surprise people the rest of the season, but the constant spamming of this thread with how much PN-G doesn't have and how much you know because we are just fans is growing old. Take the L and move on. 

7 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol only in SETX y’all believe this 

C'mon. You know that any team that makes it to a state title game is not below average.

I agree with a lot of what you have stated in this thread in regards to what the issues are at BISD but that comment really discredits your knowledge of the game.

You know better. That comes off as just being bitter or pot stirring.

8 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Consider this:

Alabama's season opener was against MTSU who they beat 56 - 7

They play South Florida as their 3rd game.

No doubt these teams are nowhere the caliber of Alabama, yet Alabama still schedules them.

Before you say it, I'm aware that non-Conference wins still count towards the College Football Playoffs rankings, but I still submit that sometimes an easier game can be used to work out the kinks, get a final look at questionable positions and even build confidence that may be needed.

It's good to mix it up. Put a harder team on your schedule too. But scheduling a quality team with the qualifications of PN-G (even though it's a game you should win) is not a detriment to your schedule or your program.