Beaumont United (14) @ Port Neches-Groves (45) - FINAL

jdawg03

United is playing with heart. These kiddos deserve better than this. The band wouldn't even play for them when they ran out after halftime. United I hope you guys can get straightened out. There is some very talented kids over there. They are big, and they are fast. They could be a very solid football team. 

13 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

United is playing with heart. These kiddos deserve better than this. The band wouldn't even play for them when they ran out after halftime. United I hope you guys can get straightened out. There is some very talented kids over there. They are big, and they are fast. They could be a very solid football team. 

But we hear this every year.  Same type of talent is always there.  We’ve had 3 different coaches during our existence.  Still, we get these same kind of results.  Quite frankly, I’m tired of it.  Seems like the AD is cool with the state of Beaumont football.  SMH

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But we hear this every year.  Same type of talent is always there.  We’ve had 3 different coaches during our existence.  Still, we get these same kind of results.  Quite frankly, I’m tired of it.  Seems like the AD is cool with the state of Beaumont football.  SMH

Truly sorry for that.

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

They may need a running clock for the 2nd half.  

I wish there would have been a running clock, the 4th qtr must have lasted 30 minutes or more. 

And I agree with all of the above positive comments with regard to BU. They have some talented offensive linemen, and speed in the backfield. I lost count how many passes were dropped, though, and some of them had TD written all over it. Trying to run before they catch the ball as the saying goes, which may be sort of understandable when you're down by a lot, and trying to make a big play. 

8 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Izzy?!? … You there?!?!

6A would be much, much better… window licker award goes to….. Coach Izzy

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nothing like a good ole arse kickin from a lil ole 5A D2 squad to get you ready for 21-6A comp. 👀

42 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Oh I was looking for the big a$$ clown… like I said he just says stuff to get people riled up. 

3 people that ain’t never seen a football field in they life trying to make sense of a 6A school playing a 5A school & getting their heads beat in…I’m still waiting on someone to tell me how playing PNG makes sense? And what losing to them does for your program? 

5 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

3 people that ain’t never seen a football field in they life trying to make sense of a 6A school playing a 5A school & getting their heads beat in…I’m still waiting on someone to tell me how playing PNG makes sense? And what losing to them does for your program? 

Best of luck gong forward. This team is better than the product on the field. I hope that it gets figured out. Those kids deserve better. 

11 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Ik, they hate when we critize coaches.but,when do you hold them accountable.im for every kid!! And they deserve to be taught better.my wife lil cousin plays for BU and talking with him makes me smh.

I thought the Beaumont schools would be more competitive in 5A - Div 1, but both schools got their clocks cleaned by 5A Div 2 schools. The non-district was really their only chance to win a game. Unfortunately, once they start district play in that "Monster" district, it's over. I bet all the Humble schools have a Beaumont school scheduled for their Homecoming. Anyway, something's terribly wrong in Beaumont and it isn't because they have a lack of talent. A city that big and you can only muster up 30 something band members, etc. It wasn't always like this in Beaumont. Y'all are better than this. Y'all have a big, beautiful stadium... each school should have at least a 100 (+) piece band, a large drill team, a stadium packed with students and members of the community. It's Texas football... Friday Night Lights. Did they not get the memo? 

Hated to see this, the merger hasn't aged well, you could always count on Central to bring the smoke a few years ago. I understand the political complaints are still there. Time to clean house and bring in a AD whose only purpose is to rebuild. If BU announced a HC position they ought to get flooded with applicants dying to take that talent pool to the next level. Where's LN at? He done with retirement? Someone to turn this program around. Stacked with talent but no leadership, hope BU turns it around. 

5 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Best response you have?!? Lame… and dude you don’t know me from Adam.

Tell us all how BU benefits playing a 6A school and that demolishing by a lowly 5A school from SETX… we’re all waiting?!?! That’s right… get defensive when wrong… chump 

8 hours ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Best response you have?!? Lame… and dude you don’t know me from Adam.

Tell us all how BU benefits playing a 6A school and that demolishing by a lowly 5A school from SETX… we’re all waiting?!?! That’s right… get defensive when wrong… chump 

What exactly was I wrong about? Not scheduling bad 5A schools as a 6A program? Only ppl who don’t know any better would disagree…it’s a reason you don’t see any good programs doing it 

12 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Hated to see this, the merger hasn't aged well, you could always count on Central to bring the smoke a few years ago. I understand the political complaints are still there. Time to clean house and bring in a AD whose only purpose is to rebuild. If BU announced a HC position they ought to get flooded with applicants dying to take that talent pool to the next level. Where's LN at? He done with retirement? Someone to turn this program around. Stacked with talent but no leadership, hope BU turns it around. 

The basketball team looks good though 

10 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

What exactly was I wrong about? Not scheduling bad 5A schools as a 6A program? Only ppl who don’t know any better would disagree…it’s a reason you don’t see any good programs doing it 

I don’t even know where to start. 

That bad 5A school just beat down that 6A school and in your thoughts BU would fair better against 6A… 🤦🏼‍♂️

FYI… we’re all still waiting guru!

On 9/2/2023 at 8:26 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Congrats to PNG for doing what they needed to do and that’s destroying the opponent.  They’re trying to be better than last year to prove last year wasn’t a fluke.  I can respect that.  Good luck on their push forward.

Hang in there, Soulja. The talent’s there. Just have to find the coaching.

The list of good head coaches any Beaumont HS football team has had since the 80’s can be counted on one hand. Local politics has driven the school district into the ground academically and athletically (besides basketball). It’s severally changed in last 30 years since I graduated from BISD. The kids and tax payers deserve better. Hopefully, next realignment is gentle with WB and United.