Beaumont United at png

lcm93

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

7 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Who’s advising these coaches on the scheduling? Please tell me how scheduling PNG gets you ready to play in 21-6A? Smh

All of you guys are right.  Btw, WB is playing Manvel. another 5A program.  Y'all have to remember, February of '20, once the districts came out, coaches had to scramble to find opponent.  I'm sure that also determines who to scrimmage and whether to have spring ball or not(2 scrimmages vs one)  That's why you see Brazosport and Mavel Lamar etc on the schedule.  Travel gets involved big time which cost money.  So when they get to play a local team in any copacity, they jump on it.  There was a cycle which PAM had a home/home with Midland Lee and Alice so stop with the complaing please

8 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

All of you guys are right.  Btw, WB is playing Manvel. another 5A program.  Y'all have to remember, February of '20, once the districts came out, coaches had to scramble to find opponent.  I'm sure that also determines who to scrimmage and whether to have spring ball or not(2 scrimmages vs one)  That's why you see Brazosport and Mavel Lamar etc on the schedule.  Travel gets involved big time which cost money.  So when they get to play a local team in any copacity, they jump on it.  There was a cycle which PAM had a home/home with Midland Lee and Alice so stop with the complaing please

Manvel isn’t the same Manvel it was 5 years ago…so again playing them or PNG does nothing to get you prepared for what’s ahead in a few weeks. If you weren’t in the toughest district in the state I would understand, but as we all know there’s a huge difference between 5A & 6A ball especially in the trenches.

1 minute ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Manvel isn’t the same Manvel it was 5 years ago…so again playing them or PNG does nothing to get you prepared for what’s ahead in a few weeks. If you weren’t in the toughest district in the state I would understand, but as we all know there’s a huge difference between 5A & 6A ball especially in the trenches.

So tell me, if you were the coach, who would you schedule and take in consideration travel cost and lack of 6A opponents.  Go.  Also, as Colbert, you wasn't hired until the summer b4 the season

45 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

So tell me, if you were the coach, who would you schedule and take in consideration travel cost and lack of 6A opponents.  Go.  Also, as Colbert, you wasn't hired until the summer b4 the season

I would be scheduling the mediocre teams in HISD, Aldine, Cypress, Katy, Tomball etc…solid 6A competition that’ll potentially get you ready for 21-6A. Playing PNG does nothing for you as a program, if you lose it just looks bad because you lost to a 5A school & if you win you were just doing what you’re supposed to because you’re a 6A program.

Please don't tell me about travel cost when all but two of the opponents on BU schedule are Houston area schools. No matter what you’re going to travel regardless.

I conceded the point of playing the PN-Gs of the world doesn't help.  Playing Alvin and Brazoswood doesn't help you either.  And like I said, the current coach was hired late so he had no say in the scheduleing.  So you would schedule 3 Houston area teams plus have a Houston area district schedule in spite of possible budgetary constraints.  Aight den..... 

Sorry for the highjack pn-g fans

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Since when PNG became world beaters? Lol they wouldn’t beat 95% of the teams I mentioned y’all delusional lol

That BMT water getting to you!... set the water down and back away!  I have a very good feeling this post is not going to age well!  

I'd ask the question... PNG why face United?  Does nothing for you.  Schedule a real team 🤣