Hamshire-Fannett (35) @ Lumberton (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I say HF deserved this game, no doubt. But Lumberton was it's own worse enemy last night. Penalties (several pre snap) turnovers, Powell was a little off and the Raiders were without their best RB and WR. Four times Lumberton got into the redzone and came away with no points.

HF did what it had to do and one could say they were the better team that night. But give me a healthy Lumberton squad later in the year, I'll take them over HF.

See, I can also play that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game that you do on a regular basis. lol

It's hard for me to place any blame because they had 2 starters out. Lumberton is a great team and They have 50+ kids I believe? quality kids that can ball. They're playing down what 2  divisions? Yeah HF is good but they found a way against a much bigger team

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I say HF deserved this game, no doubt. But Lumberton was it's own worse enemy last night. Penalties (several pre snap) turnovers, Powell was a little off and the Raiders were without their best RB and WR. Four times Lumberton got into the redzone and came away with no points.

HF did what it had to do and one could say they were the better team that night. But give me a healthy Lumberton squad later in the year, I'll take them over HF.

See, I can also play that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game that you do on a regular basis. lol

Sure.  I picked Lumberton to win, but said if I’d known about the injuries I would’ve picked HF, and mentioned Ward in this thread as well.  Health played a big part of it.  I’m excited to see what HF is going to do this year.  QB play is encouraging 

14 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Sure.  I picked Lumberton to win, but said if I’d known about the injuries I would’ve picked HF, and mentioned Ward in this thread as well.  Health played a big part of it.  I’m excited to see what HF is going to do this year.  QB play is encouraging 

I picked Lumberton a few out or not. Lol defense still gave up 35.

This game and the next 2 will be a good opportunity for growth for this 2023 Lumberton team. Needed game experience for the new secondary, O-Line, & younger skilled players to learn and mesh together. Game unfolded much as I expected. Had our chances to sneak one out vs a very good HF team while gaining much needed full speed game reps. 

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Zeno is a WR. He played QB last year because #12 (the QB this year) got injured week 2 or 3 last season and missed the rest of the year.

HF is a better offense with #12 at QB and Zeno at WR.

100% agree, #12 is legit QB & Zeno being used at WR & some running plays makes HF offense harder to defend  Of all the players that left or stoped playing at Nederland, Bryson was the biggest loss.