Hamshire-Fannett (35) @ Lumberton (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

48 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Congrats Horns on the win. I hope yall enjoyed the facilities 😜

Yes we did. Everyone knew that Lumberton would accommodate their guests to the best of their abilities, no matter the circumstances. To complain would be a foreign and perplexing (and very immature) thing to do for HF fans, or pretty much any fan around the state. We look forward to reciprocating the hospitality in years to come...like both sides have done for over 50 years. But as you know...some yahoo(s) will inevitably spoil the fun. Best of luck the rest of the year to Lumberton and all of their great fans (and quite a few personal friends of mine).

4 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Yes it did, but not to take away HF playing up against an almost 5A team that went deep and averaged 40+ last year....with depth on both sides

For sure.  And it was deserved.  They were the better team.  Nothing flukey about this win 

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

For sure.  And it was deserved.  They were the better team.  Nothing flukey about this win 

I say HF deserved this game, no doubt. But Lumberton was it's own worse enemy last night. Penalties (several pre snap) turnovers, Powell was a little off and the Raiders were without their best RB and WR. Four times Lumberton got into the redzone and came away with no points.

HF did what it had to do and one could say they were the better team that night. But give me a healthy Lumberton squad later in the year, I'll take them over HF.

See, I can also play that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game that you do on a regular basis. lol