West Orange-Stark (40) @ Nederland (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think we just ran out of gas...it was the longest regular season game I remember in a long time that didn't go to overtime 

I thought the same thing of Nederlands defense late last night. It looked like they were gassed. WOS big O-line leaning on them the whole 2nd half probably helped that a little.

As for Ned and the prognostications of doom for this season, all I can say is that I've watched us play them for 40 years. I remember after our game last year thinking that might have been the worst Ned team I'd seen since the 80's and early 90's. I remember thinking last night that your team this year looked more like a Ned team I expect. Take that for what it's worth.

A  few things:

Did Ned have any TO?  I’m asking because I’m not sure but I didn’t hear about any while I was listening. If not that is an improvement.

2. Ned defense needs to get thier game legs under them and play 4 quarters,  I think that will come.

3.  For those of you complaining about play calling,  do you think the are going to open the playbook up in a non district game?

4.  It sounds like the o-line did pretty well, I know Sunday got flushed out a few times and I got think WOS got one or two sacks but that is also a improvement.

5 it sounds like the secondary did pretty well until they gassed out.

The pre season talk was that the DL and LB’ers were going to be better this season. The secondary has been a weak area since Spell retired 

I watched the entire game and the OL was not very good at all .  The QB was having to bail out on most pass attempts, so the OL has a long way to go

The defense was about as bad as you can get.  There was absolutely no pressure on the WOS QB. The DL and LB’ers are slow and do not tackle well and the secondary is still an issue.  The worst part was very poor tackling, being out of shape and they simply gave up the last 11 minutes of the 4th quarter.  Tackling and being out of shape is mainly due to poor coaching. Totally shutting it down in the 4th quarter is mainly on the players.  If they don’t fix those areas soon , they will most likely give up 40 plus a game

This is my opinion from my observation of the game

3 hours ago, Bigdog said:

A  few things:

Did Ned have any TO?  I’m asking because I’m not sure but I didn’t hear about any while I was listening. If not that is an improvement.

2. Ned defense needs to get thier game legs under them and play 4 quarters,  I think that will come.

3.  For those of you complaining about play calling,  do you think the are going to open the playbook up in a non district game?

4.  It sounds like the o-line did pretty well, I know Sunday got flushed out a few times and I got think WOS got one or two sacks but that is also a improvement.

5 it sounds like the secondary did pretty well until they gassed out.

Nederland lost 1 fumble. Sunday took a hard shot on a run & the ball popped out. 

Team\Players\,EXP. are overall better than last year.

WOS made adjustments after halftime that shut most of Ned offense down, especially in the 4th. WOS offense came out 2nd half & ran straight at Ned Defense. Ned staff didn't have any answers offensively or defensively to counter WOS adjustments in 2nd half.

OL played good the 1st half & 1 drive in the 3rd,

WOS had 30 total players suited up & majority playing both ways. No excuse for Ned not having their players in better shape.    

Secondary gave up 2 deep throws for tds & missed alot of tackles in the 2nd half along with the rest of defense.

If 2-8 coaching staffs or legit OC's are worried about opening the playbook to win a game because of future opponents seeing their plays they don't need to be coaching.  

8 hours ago, monknuk68 said:

Congratulations to WOS for the win. Hope all WOS fans are worried a little about the defense. 30+ years of WOS supporting and the tradition of greatness on defense are gone.

I'm glad someone sees that!! But, when a person not even willing to hear why the 50 defense worked.it is what is it.u can't go the whole year given up big yardage every game and expect to win.

Listened to most of the game.  WOS is noted for having there guys in shape.  They played 4 quarters and the Bulldogs played 2.  Overall, I think it was a win for the dogs.  It showed they can compete.  Let's see if they can continue to get better each game.  It does bothers me how the game end though.  Hopefully it was fatigue not heart.  

Go Dogs

Nederland QB is improved from last year, a pretty gutsy player. As for the 4th quarter you go up 34-22 with 11:30 left, there should be no way you lose, unless you have a ton of turnovers. The defense was just flat embarrassing. They couldn’t tackle, didn’t pursue the ball, and simply let the WOS QB look like an all-American 

IMO, I think the Dogs have a chance of beating Willowridge and GP. I am afraid it is going to be another 2-8 season