Crosby 2023

Cougar14.2

I don’t know if we’re going to beat anybody this year but on the hoof we’ll certainly look like Crosby again.

Kade Eudy can flat out spin it. He looks like a kid with mid-90’s mound velocity. We’re solid at RB, looks like we have more than two if needed. Receivers didn’t have the best day but I’ll chalk it up to not being synced up yet. 

Defense looks like we’re going to have some nice size as well as speed. Probably don’t have a Casey and Coop but definitely have the athleticism to be as goo as the ‘21 defense. 

Participation needs to come up. Nice turnout to Summer workouts. But I’m still trying to figure how Rio had more football players with a smaller enrollment. This years team will be leaps and bounds better than last years team. But I’d imagine the whole district got better as well. Time will tell. 

23 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Participation needs to come up. Nice turnout to Summer workouts. But I’m still trying to figure how Rio had more football players with a smaller enrollment. This years team will be leaps and bounds better than last years team. But I’d imagine the whole district got better as well. Time will tell. 

I don’t understand the participation numbers. We literally went to the state finals one year, then suited up just 33 on varsity the next season. Odd. 

Crosby’s starting RB’s yesterday. Junior RB already sitting on a couple of P5 offers, senior RB was unanimous 1st team all-district 8-5A-D1 last year. Both measured over 5’10”, weighed around 200lbs and ran 4.5’s. Might have a nice rushing attack if they can both stay healthy. 

New additions for Crosby looked solid. First pic is the transfer LB in the photo with Windfont. For size comparison Windfont(#42) is 6’1” and ~ 225lbs. New kid(#99) is 6’2” and ~ 210lbs and can move. Other pic is the transfer WR(#12), goes 5’11” and ~ 185lbs. This is the one I said plays a lot like Kirkwood. 

*Don't have the pics but the 6'4" DE transfer from North Shore is eligible this year and was also on the field. The 6'1" GCM WR transfer was also on the field and looked solid. I expect him to be our primary deep threat and also our best 50/50 guy in the redzone with his leaping ability. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Because Rio was a players coach and made practice fun? I'm not being funny either, it's a serious question. 

Man, I would give up a whole paycheck if someone could answer this? I think Rio had the participation numbers for two reasons. One, he did stuff like blasting the music at practice rather that be rap, country or gospel. Two, he had Johnny Freeman and DJ Mann as assistants who kids wanted to go play for regardless if Rio was there or not. 

Coach P was a player's coach also, and not that Rio didn't require accountability, but Coach P required a lot more of it and I think that turned some kids off. I think that's the majority of the impact on participation we're still feeling at Crosby today. 

IDK if it's a positive or negative but if they continue to build at the same rate in Crosby I wouldn't at all be surprised to see our enrollment up around 3,000 by the 2030 realignment. That may be our only hope for increased participation? 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:42 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I would give up a whole paycheck if someone could answer this? I think Rio had the participation numbers for two reasons. One, he did stuff like blasting the music at practice rather that be rap, country or gospel. Two, he had Johnny Freeman and DJ Mann as assistants who kids wanted to go play for regardless if Rio was there or not. 

Coach P was a player's coach also, and not that Rio didn't require accountability, but Coach P required a lot more of it and I think that turned some kids off. I think that's the majority of the impact on participation we're still feeling at Crosby today. 

IDK if it's a positive or negative but if they continue to build at the same rate in Crosby I wouldn't at all be surprised to see our enrollment up around 3,000 by the 2030 realignment. That may be our only hope for increased participation? 

IMO I don’t think numbers down is a Crosby thing. I think it’s generation thing. I’m sure if you take 10 random schools 8 or 9 will say their numbers are lower than years past… 

Boys had the stands quiet yesterday at practice. Everybody was thinking it but since we went 6-5 last year nobody wanted to say it out loud. 

My main concern was the LOS on both sides of the ball. We haven’t lined up against anybody but ourselves but needless to say that’s not as much of a concern as I thought it would be physically. New left tackle is a big boy, Johnson is down to probably 330lbs and in better shape, plus Langley is back healthy and should end up with close to 40 career starts by the end of the year. 

Right now the d-line has the other 6’4” Langley twin at DE on one side and the 6’4” NS transfer at the other DE. 

Can we play? IDK yet, but my goodness it looks like we can. 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:42 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Was Coach P, aka the coach of accountability, the coach that was stomping on the BH logo in midfield or was that Rio? 

So I take it 14.2,  you are back on board from the "Crosby hired an old guy coach and looking to transfer mantra" we heard this summer? 

4 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Was Coach P, aka the coach of accountability, the coach that was stomping on the BH logo in midfield or was that Rio? 

So I take it 14.2,  you are back on board from the "Crosby hired an old guy coach and looking to transfer mantra" we heard this summer? 

That was Prieto. I don’t know why BH fans are mad about that. If BH beats Crosby on their field, they deserve to dance on the Crosby logo. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings. No reason to be sensitive. 

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

That was Prieto. I don’t know why BH fans are mad about that. If BH beats Crosby on their field, they deserve to dance on the Crosby logo. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings. No reason to be sensitive. 

The stomping and spitting was not just "dancing", it was ugly. It was a public embarrassment for Prieto, program, and school. The worst thing though was Prieto putting his hands on BH players last year. That should never happen under any circumstance.   

14.2 is my entertainment as I watch the phased evolution of his outlook.

Phase 1 - Doubting that the coach can walk and chew gum at the same time

Phase 2- Screw it we’re moving to Dayton this is BS

Phase 3 - Meet with Coach and he’s ….ok maybe we win 2 games

Phase 4- (current phase) Recruiting season begins and kids from around the state flock to Crosby.

Phase 5- (entering this phase) Practices begin everyone is huge, fast and better than any team in the past. We might just win 5 games

Phase 6- Beatdown from King lowers expectations, but King is the best team in the country so who knows

Phase 7 - plays well against FBM …. We may just make it to state …hell yeah

Phase 8- (Final Phase) beats Lee to death then gets embarrassed by BH at home. 14.2 exits the board till playoffs.

Dallas Cowboys of Harris County

21 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

14.2 is my entertainment as I watch the phased evolution of his outlook.

Phase 1 - Doubting that the coach can walk and chew gum at the same time

Phase 2- Screw it we’re moving to Dayton this is BS

Phase 3 - Meet with Coach and he’s ….ok maybe we win 2 games

Phase 4- (current phase) Recruiting season begins and kids from around the state flock to Crosby.

Phase 5- (entering this phase) Practices begin everyone is huge, fast and better than any team in the past. We might just win 5 games

Phase 6- Beatdown from King lowers expectations, but King is the best team in the country so who knows

Phase 7 - plays well against FBM …. We may just make it to state …hell yeah

Phase 8- (Final Phase) beats Lee to death then gets embarrassed by BH at home. 14.2 exits the board till playoffs.

Dallas Cowboys of Harris County

Cowboys winning it all this year… so Crosby winning it all then? Lol

DC4L!

Wow, I miss the site. Love all the talking that goes on, some of it true some of it made up. Just like being at the barbershop Haven’t been on it much in the last year. I was a Northern Nevada driving miners into the gold mines. And I have moved from Southeast Texas, leaving the Houston area after 38 years of teaching and coaching and stuff back to Central Texas. Lots of great schools here to like Franklin and Mart, But will keep up with Southeast Texas and drive to a couple of games. Really looking forward to the Crosby Barbers Hill game. Crosby because a lot of my players from my defensive coordinator days have sons that are on this year’s team. And Barbers Hill Because, one of my former players, Chance Nelson from Baytown Sterling, is coaching receivers at Barbers Hill now. This will be fun to watch. 
Keep up the trash talk, makes it fun!

Go Texans, Go Jets, Go Longhorns AND Aggies ( and Nebraska, I am a big fan of Rhule and he is heavily recruiting Texas, just signed an offensive lineman from Klein Cain top recruit whose dad I coached at defensive end and played for UTEP if memory serves me correctly Big 10 west is there for the taking) and Go Cowboys just afraid of our HC calling plays when he can’t manage timeouts 

Whether yall admit it or not 14.2 keeps this thing interesting. 😂Perhaps BH and Crosby relations will improve now that the head coaches are former colleagues. Maybe some of those unsportsmanlike penalties that caused their field to get stomped on won’t be an issue. Anywho I think I speak for all of us, that have witnessed this yrs team in person, this team definitely looks different physically. Never a good sign when other teams DL looks bigger than your OL. That won’t be the case this yr. Remains to be seen tho if these big cats can actually play. I’d imagine the entire district will be better because of how competitive it was last. That only serves to help our teams in the playoffs against these tough region two teams

38 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Whether yall admit it or not 14.2 keeps this thing interesting. 😂Perhaps BH and Crosby relations will improve now that the head coaches are former colleagues. Maybe some of those unsportsmanlike penalties that caused their field to get stomped on won’t be an issue. Anywho I think I speak for all of us, that have witnessed this yrs team in person, this team definitely looks different physically. Never a good sign when other teams DL looks bigger than your OL. That won’t be the case this yr. Remains to be seen tho if these big cats can actually play. I’d imagine the entire district will be better because of how competitive it was last. That only serves to help our teams in the playoffs against these tough region two teams

Agreed. 14.2 does keep it interesting and is the heartbeat of Crosby on this board. The Rollercoaster is just tough to hang on to😎 Always selling Crosby for what they are not. Crosby always seems to have the athleticism, but the attitude and discipline seem hard to control. Coach cheeseburger seemed to have harnessed that with the trip to state, but Crosby wrecked that ship and here you are. Y’all give this coach a chance and he may can get you there again, but I think the culture has to change at Crosby IMO. Oh and the unsportsmanlike penalties please 😂