Crosby 2023

Cougar14.2

On 8/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, BHFAN said:

14.2 is my entertainment as I watch the phased evolution of his outlook.

Phase 1 - Doubting that the coach can walk and chew gum at the same time

Phase 2- Screw it we’re moving to Dayton this is BS

Phase 3 - Meet with Coach and he’s ….ok maybe we win 2 games

Phase 4- (current phase) Recruiting season begins and kids from around the state flock to Crosby.

Phase 5- (entering this phase) Practices begin everyone is huge, fast and better than any team in the past. We might just win 5 games

Phase 6- Beatdown from King lowers expectations, but King is the best team in the country so who knows

Phase 7 - plays well against FBM …. We may just make it to state …hell yeah

Phase 8- (Final Phase) beats Lee to death then gets embarrassed by BH at home. 14.2 exits the board till playoffs.

Dallas Cowboys of Harris County

Lol, BH is a lot more like the Cowboys than Crosby. Always hope but NEVER a result, just optimism for no reason? No matter what you think about optimism around the Crosby program, there’s reason for it. We’ve been to three conference championships(semifinals) and a Super Bowl(state finals) since the advent of the smart phone. The Cowboys haven’t and neither has BH. 

P.S. - appreciate those studs we scooped up from y’all. You can see the new MLB wearing #99 on the second play of the highlights from practice yesterday 

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, BH is a lot more like the Cowboys than Crosby. Always hope but NEVER a result, just optimism for no reason? No matter what you think about optimism around the Crosby program, there’s reason for it. We’ve been to three conference championships(semifinals) and a Super Bowl(state finals) since the advent of the smart phone. The Cowboys haven’t and neither has BH. 

P.S. - appreciate those studs we scooped up from y’all. You can see the new MLB wearing #99 on the second play of the highlights from practice yesterday 

So, is everything you said about the new coach wrong? Are you taking back all of the negative things you said? Admitting that you were completely wrong about all of it? 

46 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

So, is everything you said about the new coach wrong? Are you taking back all of the negative things you said? Admitting that you were completely wrong about all of it? 

We could still go 4-6. The participation numbers are still low, we probably won’t even have enough for a freshman A & B this year. The fact that this year we more physically look like the Crosby teams we’ve become known for is somewhat of a given. We’re probably not going to have two consecutive years being as thin as we were last season if things are normal. We also have the supplemental talent eligible this year which is a nod to those kids and parents for getting their business taken care of even while the program was rudderless. All we’re talking about is what Crosby looks like physically. 

Houston Westbury looks like Spring Westfield and can’t play a lick though. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just call it charity. Hope he plays well for ya👍. All those accomplishments a still behind BH 3-2 over the last 5 years😎 I think our trends are heading opposite directions try and keep up. Cool video though.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:54 PM, Steven Avery said:

Was Coach P, aka the coach of accountability, the coach that was stomping on the BH logo in midfield or was that Rio? 

So I take it 14.2,  you are back on board from the "Crosby hired an old guy coach and looking to transfer mantra" we heard this summer? 

Man, who literally gives a crap about how kids celebrate? You sound like get off my lawn guy. You know how many people we’ve watched celebrate like they’ve won the Super Bowl when they’ve beaten Crosby at home, including y’all? 

Potentially sitting six weeks your senior has a way of impacting things, among other variables. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, who literally gives a crap about how kids celebrate? You sound like get off my lawn guy. You know how many people we’ve watched celebrate like they’ve won the Super Bowl when they’ve beaten Crosby at home, including y’all? 

Potentially sitting six weeks your senior has a way of impacting things, among other variables. 

lol well during a game its a penalty so I guess its ok to act a fool after the game, especially with coach Mr. Accountability. 

23 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We could still go 4-6. The participation numbers are still low, we probably won’t even have enough for a freshman A & B this year. The fact that this year we more physically look like the Crosby teams we’ve become known for is somewhat of a given. We’re probably not going to have two consecutive years being as thin as we were last season if things are normal. We also have the supplemental talent eligible this year which is a nod to those kids and parents for getting their business taken care of even while the program was rudderless. All we’re talking about is what Crosby looks like physically. 

Always hedging that way he can say I told you so either way.  Lets hear it, what is your prediction for this years Cougars?  

7 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Just call it charity. Hope he plays well for ya👍. All those accomplishments a still behind BH 3-2 over the last 5 years😎 I think our trends are heading opposite directions try and keep up. Cool video though.

We actually got two, they both look pretty solid. 1 pt home win in a two point conversion has you thinking opposite trends, especially when we’ve played in BH 3 of the last 4 years? Y’all have played in 5A for what 20 years now, and finish 1 point away from 4th place in your district is peak success? Meanwhile the “opposite” trend fro crosby is finishing 8 points away from another district championship in a “down” year? Man BHFan, you’re holding our programs to different standards🤷🏾‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

lol well during a game its a penalty so I guess its ok to act a fool after the game, especially with coach Mr. Accountability. 

Always hedging that way he can say I told you so either way.  Lets hear it, what is your prediction for this years Cougars?  

My prediction is that an above average coach should be able to make the playoffs in this district with Crosby’s talent IF we can stay healthy. Nothing more really. 

We’ve been running plays for six days and we’re going to go try to play a game in 19. I expect some severe growing pains but a potentially high ceiling relative to the circumstances. 

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Got it. You stand by all of the poison that you proclaimed against the coach. 

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Agreed. 14.2 does keep it interesting and is the heartbeat of Crosby on this board. The Rollercoaster is just tough to hang on to😎 Always selling Crosby for what they are not. Crosby always seems to have the athleticism, but the attitude and discipline seem hard to control. Coach cheeseburger seemed to have harnessed that with the trip to state, but Crosby wrecked that ship and here you are. Y’all give this coach a chance and he may can get you there again, but I think the culture has to change at Crosby IMO. Oh and the unsportsmanlike penalties please 😂 

Culture???? Are you talking about the administration? Elaborate please…. I’ve watched a lot of Crosby football over the past 10 years and under Prieto they got very few unsportsmanlike penalties. 

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Culture???? Are you talking about the administration? Elaborate please…. I’ve watched a lot of Crosby football over the past 10 years and under Prieto they got very few unsportsmanlike penalties. 

Crazy comment coming from a fan of the guy whose team led the district in unsportsmanlike penalties a couple years ago and actually had their QB ejected in a crucial game? 

3 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Culture goes beyond Prieto’s little stint. Crosby ISD seems to be the issue. It starts at the top. You want what 14.2 is trying to sell you then you have to be willing to except change. Why do you think BH is successful across the board and has been for decades? It’s all about the culture IMO.  

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Culture goes beyond Prieto’s little stint. Crosby ISD seems to be the issue. It starts at the top. You want what 14.2 is trying to sell you then you have to be willing to except change. Why do you think BH is successful across the board and has been for decades? It’s all about the culture IMO.  

Second highest Debt supported tax per student (for single high school district.) Which is nearly double the midline spending per student in the state. 

That's the answer to the question. 

Your district has over $600,000,000 in debt that's being paid by taxpayers. Hope you don't have a housing crunch. 

You have more debt than Allen ISD. 

7 hours ago, BHFAN said:

What was this all about?

This is the hidden content, please

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Second highest Debt supported tax per student (for single high school district.) Which is nearly double the midline spending per student in the state. 

That's the answer to the question. 

Your district has over $600,000,000 in debt that's being paid by taxpayers. Hope you don't have a housing crunch. 

You have more debt than Allen ISD. 

They will not be having a "housing crunch" in BH anytime soon. If you do a little research, you would see what happens to the financials for areas that experience "rapid growth". 

Just curious, how does "debt" or "no debt" impact you or the students? Which district has a more positive experience for the students out of Crosby and BH? 

11 hours ago, BHFAN said:

What am I selling? The reason I said Willis might not be the right for for Crosby is because we’re NOT like places like BH. We have more people that work in the “service” side of the O&G, more diversity and more diverse opinions on how to go about things. If we can keep superintendents from robbing the kids then we’ve still done pretty well as a district historically though. The current supt. may not be the biggest proponent of the sports programs but she’s doing an awesome job for the district in general. 

The reason BH is relatively competitive across the board is two reasons. One, the district is heavily subsidized by the refineries in town and two, the sports like baseball and softball that you’re eluding to have lot more to do with disposable income than they do anything else. There are more black girls on Oklahoma’s roster than you might see the whole weekend at a travel ball tournament during the Summer. It’s to a slightly lesser extent in travel baseball but only because those coaches are more willing to come up with “payment arrangements” when you can get you hands on prospects from inner-city Houston like Carl Crawford and Michael Bourne. 

BH isn’t really “great” at any sports besides girls softball, y’all just dump a lot of money into the programs so your floor is generally higher than others across the board. Which is commendable for the kids’ sake. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They will not be having a "housing crunch" in BH anytime soon. If you do a little research, you would see what happens to the financials for areas that experience "rapid growth". 

Just curious, how does "debt" or "no debt" impact you or the students? Which district has a more positive experience for the students out of Crosby and BH? 

It depends on what your definition of a positive experience is? For the percentage of at risk student we have Crosby has one of the highest graduation rates in the state. BH was in the news for trying to make a kid cut his hair, not sure how positive that experience was for him? 

If your definition of a positive experience is that more parents at BH can pay out of their pockets to send their kids to college than Crosby then yeah, being at BH is a more positive experience. 

The 1,000 acre neighborhood being built in Crosby that I believe is going to be the new hotbed of talent for us once we move to 6A. Going to be about 3k new homes with the more “affordable” options starting at 1,200sq ft. Sweetgrass Village could become what Barrett Station/Cedar Grove were in years past as far as neighborhood talent production. High traffic area on 1942 close to the Goose Creek district line which is great for free agents: 

This is the hidden content, please