4A DII - Reg 2 vs Reg 3

34 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I am not a Carthage fan but I would narrowly pick Carthage over Longview also.  

And that's cool. Carthage definitely had the better QB and coach but I think Longview was better in the trenches and skill positions. #5 for Carthage was a baller but I don't see him going off against the LV secondary. What makes Carthage so good in my eyes is their advantage with size and athleticism. I don't think that would be the case against the Lobos.

1 hour ago, AledoAlumni said:

And that's cool. Carthage definitely had the better QB and coach but I think Longview was better in the trenches and skill positions. #5 for Carthage was a baller but I don't see him going off against the LV secondary. What makes Carthage so good in my eyes is their advantage with size and athleticism. I don't think that would be the case against the Lobos.

With Tatum at RB, LV would have the slight edge at that position for this year. Carthage with KJ Edwards would have the edge for the next two years. Carthage also has one coming into 9th grade (came from Pine Tree) this year that will slot right after Edwards. Also got the FR RB from Shelbyville that moved in. Expect Suratt to be the superior QB. Kash Courtney from Carthage will be the top lineman on the field. To name a few. 

On 7/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Hear that Silsbee? Cancel your reservations and watch it on Bally's like the rest of us.

@AggiesAreWe 

@BADSANTA

@Silsbee92

I can understand the thought process. Carthage has been a monumental task for us here in Reg 3 and I'd have to check the actual numbers but I don't think there is a team that is more familiar with playing Carthage than Silsbee.

We lost some close ones, mainly early on in Surratts tenure. I keep in touch with our east Texas brethren, for the most part it's an enjoyable conversation. Lol.

Silsbee has to finish the tough games 100% of the time. We will compete no doubt, but this year brings some changes for the Tigers.  I'm optimistic but the gods of football show up way to often in these cases.  Let's get out of Reg III first, then we can focus on Reg 4 and then, if the sacrifices were judged sufficient, we'll meet up again.

Falcon you know better.. stirring the pot this close.  

#TigerNation 

On 7/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

hours ago, 89Falcon said:

What is the longest win streak in history? 

Celina - 68 wins in a row from '98-'02

oh! I assumed you knew what specific means.

obviously not.  10 post above this one you were quoted (that means someone relayed what you said)

anywho.......

Give it a rest.  I knew what state we were talking about.