4A DII - Reg 2 vs Reg 3

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

What is the longest win streak in history? 

68 – CELINA, 1998-02
57 -- ALLEN, 2012-15
54 -- AUSTIN WESTLAKE, 2019-22
49 -- BREMOND, 2014-17
49 – SOUTHLAKE CARROLL, 2004-07
49 – ABILENE, 1954-57
48 – LAKE TRAVIS, 2007-10
44 – CUERO, 1973-75
41 -- CARTHAGE, 2019-21
41 – HULL-DAISETTA, 1936-39
40 -- CARTHAGE, 2016-18
40 -- WEST ORANGE-STARK, 2015-17

Edited by WOSdrummer99
Added more of the list

49 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

South Oak Cliff 21-22 isn’t losing to last years Carthage team IMO… I think several non Carthage people would agree with that statement.

I did not say they "would" win, but they definitely "could" win. I am a "non-Carthage" person but I know what they have and fully understand what is happening in the program. I also understand why the folks who dont see them regularly do not understand the strength of their program and would like to believe them to be something less than what they are at the moment. 

59 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I did not say they "would" win, but they definitely "could" win. I am a "non-Carthage" person but I know what they have and fully understand what is happening in the program. I also understand why the folks who dont see them regularly do not understand the strength of their program and would like to believe them to be something less than what they are at the moment. 

Pound for pound Carthage is top 2-3 in the state. But overall they are 40-50 ish??

38 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Pound for pound Carthage is top 2-3 in the state. But overall they are 40-50 ish??

Pound for pound they are the top (with consideration for Aledo also). No way to know where they rank with all of the 5AD1 and 6A schools. There is no 4A D1 or D2 that could beat them and only a handful of 5AD2s that would have a chance. Would love for them to schedule Longview at the next realignment for a pre-district game. 

On 7/4/2023 at 6:17 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Region 2

1. Carthage 

3. Pleasant Grove 

5. Gilmer

Vs

Region 3

2. Silsbee 

8. Bellville 

10. Jasper

Am I missing anyone?

Way too early prediction. Only 1 of those teams will win the state championship. But the catch is... only 1 of those teams will play for it.

@house discussion started

I also wanna say this… I think Bellville being pre season #8 may be a bit generous lol until I see what the O line looks like I feel we are more in the 15-20 range lol

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Pound for pound they are the top (with consideration for Aledo also). No way to know where they rank with all of the 5AD1 and 6A schools. There is no 4A D1 or D2 that could beat them and only a handful of 5AD2s that would have a chance. Would love for them to schedule Longview at the next realignment for a pre-district game. 

Could or would?

I think Glen Rose proved last year they could have beat them.

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Man Carthage wants all the smoke… even from one of the stronger 5A programs in the state

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Could or would?

As did CS the year before. Never know what's gonna happen when they blow the whistle. I believe that's why they play.

And for whatever it's worth, maxpreps' top Texas teams from 22...

1    Duncanville
2    North Shore
3    DeSoto  
4    Guyer
5    Westlake
6    Aledo
7    Parish Episcopal (Dallas)
8    Carthage 
9    Katy
10    Atascocita

40 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

As did CS the year before. Never know what's gonna happen when they blow the whistle. I believe that's why they play.

And for whatever it's worth, maxpreps' top Texas teams from 22...

1    Duncanville
2    North Shore
3    DeSoto  
4    Guyer
5    Westlake
6    Aledo
7    Parish Episcopal (Dallas)
8    Carthage 
9    Katy
10    Atascocita

Being it's Maxpreps, it's not worth much.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Could or would?

You folks are not getting it. "What they have now exceeds what they have had". They will be better in the next 3 years than they have ever been. Last year's team is no longer playing. 

59 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

You folks are not getting it. "What they have now exceeds what they have had". They will be better in the next 3 years than they have ever been. Last year's team is no longer playing. 

I read where they were picked to win the Big 12! Smh…..

hours ago, 89Falcon said:

What is the longest win streak in history? 

Celina - 68 wins in a row from '98-'02

50 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yep, specified yesterday "Texas History". 

oh! I assumed you knew what specific means.

obviously not.  10 post above this one you were quoted (that means someone relayed what you said)

anywho.......

11 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

hours ago, 89Falcon said:

What is the longest win streak in history? 

Celina - 68 wins in a row from '98-'02

oh! I assumed you knew what specific means.

obviously not.  10 post above this one you were quoted (that means someone relayed what you said)

anywho.......

Once again you are on top of things. Go back and see the initial comment from 12:29 yesterday. Report back on your findings.