Png vs Pam

MhsTitans

Png vs Pam   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• PNG
    • PA Memorial

Athletes can make the difference in a ballgame, but execution is the key to winning.  

PNG was out "athleted" 😉to death by Fort Bend Marshall last year. 

Athletes made the difference in the first game for a Marshall win, that and 100 degree heat.

Execution of the game plan won PNG that playoff game.  I will not pick a winner in this match-up.

I just can't wait to see the two teams play.  See you in August my friends.👍

On 6/25/2023 at 11:53 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I believe you're correct, last season wasn't the worst home loss ever, it was the worst opening season home loss ever. @AshlyKBMT can fact check that. 

And I agree it should be a much better game this season, hopefully anyway. 🤞🏾 

It was the wort season opening loss for PNG. 
2022 Port Arthur Memorial 50-15 (35 pts)
1926 Orange 41-7 (34 pts)
1955 Nederland 34-6 (28 pts)

Worst losses on the books all-time for PNG
1944 Port Arthur 89-0
1987 Aldine MacArthur 75-0

I thought they lost that MacArthur game on the road though. The previous meeting in 1986 was 28-7.  

Let me get PNG by a score TD or FG. Both talented teams. Just think PNG will come in super motivated to avenge the loss and riding a wave of excitement from going as far as they did last year. Look at PAM to strike first but PNG grinds to a victory over a very tough 4 qrts.  Good game for SETx football

2 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Let me get PNG by a score TD or FG. Both talented teams. Just think PNG will come in super motivated to avenge the loss and riding a wave of excitement from going as far as they did last year. Look at PAM to strike first but PNG grinds to a victory over a very tough 4 qrts.  Good game for SETx football

Wouldn't surprise me. 

i plan on being in PA a day early to get my tickets. This game will EASILY sellout with long lines. Going back to the 2016 game, that was probably the most i've see since the stadium at standing room only(despite bob, PAM holds a very packed to the gills 10k) first time i was a freshman when lincoln and tj started playing each other in 89. Hines was a beast in the 2016 game!!

Wilson was a surprise, well for me anyways. QB play for PAM will be the focus for PAM to win. I don't expect a blowout. i'm gonna take PAM by 7 or less, IF the qb play is decent. if qb play is poor, the defense might win it by 3 or less. home field is why i'm picking PAM. Due to the magnitude of this game, i wonder if they are possibly thinking about taking this to Lamar lol. go back and look at the replay game of 2016, besides renewing the "rivalry", there was nothing special that would have made this game sellout. i hate the stadium has a ban on umbrellas, real smart PAISD...u can bet it's gonna be a scorcher for the PAM fans pregame due to the sun doing more than kissing!! it will be hugging and doing things i can't say on this site!!

I'm thinking a close game....The Injuns should be much better coming out of the gate this year. With a full year under the new system they should come out polished in the run game. I don't see them being nearly as explosive with the loss of the QB and 2 go to receivers. Run game should be solid. D took a hit with a lot of senior leadership leaving... Gotta remember, last year there was no film on the Injuns for the Titans to scheme. Will be interesting to see if the Titans can stop the run and force the new qb to win it with his arm....

On 6/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, AshlyKBMT said:

It was the wort season opening loss for PNG. 
2022 Port Arthur Memorial 50-15 (35 pts)
1926 Orange 41-7 (34 pts)
1955 Nederland 34-6 (28 pts)

Worst losses on the books all-time for PNG
1944 Port Arthur 89-0
1987 Aldine MacArthur 75-0

I thought they lost that MacArthur game on the road though. The previous meeting in 1986 was 28-7.  

MacArthur game was in Aldine, I was at that game, almost had a couple of brawls on the field that game.