Png vs Pam

MhsTitans

Png vs Pam   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• PNG
    • PA Memorial

With 9 weeks until the start of the football season, I decided to get the conversation started. After taking one of the worst if not the worst home loss in school history to PAM the PNG Indians were able to quickly get the train rolling behind their first-time and first-year head coach. They finish at Cowboy Stadium with a loss in the state title game. From the looks of it on this forum, Indian fans are gearing up for another great season with key pieces and big names returning. Across twin city highway the Titans were finally able to get the 1st round playoff loss monkey off their back after 2 victories and opening up the 3rd game with promise but eventually falling to Longview. This year's football team looks to be the most recruited class since the 2012 class with multiple players with D1 offers and might have the best player in the class of 2025 & 2026 in Setx. With each team opening up the season in the Top 10 PAM(8) & PNG(6) this game is shaping up to be one of the best if not the best games to watch in week 1 in the state of Texas.

3 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

With 9 weeks until the start of the football season, I decided to get the conversation started. After taking one of the worst if not the worst home loss in school history to PAM the PNG Indians were able to quickly get the train rolling behind their first-time and first-year head coach. They finish at Cowboy Stadium with a loss in the state title game. From the looks of it on this forum, Indian fans are gearing up for another great season with key pieces and big names returning. Across twin city highway the Titans were finally able to get the 1st round playoff loss monkey off their back after 2 victories and opening up the 3rd game with promise but eventually falling to Longview. This year's football team looks to be the most recruited class since the 2012 class with multiple players with D1 offers and might have the best player in the class of 2024 & 2025 in Setx. With each team opening up the season in the Top 10 PAM(8) & PNG(6) this game is shaping up to be one of the best if not the best games to watch in week 0 in the state of Texas.

2025 (Michael Riles) and 2026 (Tank King).

2024 is Drelon Miller from Silsbee and it's not close. 

One of the top tier games in the state week 1! Both programs seem to be excited for this coming season. Both ranked in the top 10 in their class. I'll go with PNG in this one. I think the extra couple of weeks practicing and championship experience will help PNG start the season off right. Plus they are playing at home. How many does each team return?

37 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

One of the top tier games in the state week 1! Both programs seem to be excited for this coming season. Both ranked in the top 10 in their class. I'll go with PNG in this one. I think the extra couple of weeks practicing and championship experience will help PNG start the season off right. Plus they are playing at home. How many does each team return?

Beat Png at their place last season 50-15, this year the game is at our place where we don't lose too many home openers. 

Memorial 4/7, png 4/3. Offense/Defense starters. 

This will be the best Week 1 game in Texas. Both teams are very talented. Both are quickly gaining (or perhaps better put, regaining) statewide prominence. Expect a thriller.

One thing I’ll say about the low number of returning starters at PN-G: Coach Joseph likes to make a lot of substitutions, and that seemed to become more commonplace the further PN-G went in the playoffs. Just because we have a new starter this season, doesn’t mean that kid doesn’t have a similar level of experience to the returning starter suiting up next to him.

2 minutes ago, Indians93 said:

Will be a much better game this year. 

and PNG lost when I was a kid to Aldine McArthur like…. 70 something to 0. That was definitely the worst home loss. 😳

I believe you're correct, last season wasn't the worst home loss ever, it was the worst opening season home loss ever. @AshlyKBMT can fact check that. 

And I agree it should be a much better game this season, hopefully anyway. 🤞🏾 

1 hour ago, PN-G bamatex said:

This will be the best Week 1 game in Texas. Both teams are very talented. Both are quickly gaining (or perhaps better put, regaining) statewide prominence. Expect a thriller.

One thing I’ll say about the low number of returning starters at PN-G: Coach Joseph likes to make a lot of substitutions, and that seemed to become more commonplace the further PN-G went in the playoffs. Just because we have a new starter this season, doesn’t mean that kid doesn’t have a similar level of experience to the returning starter suiting up next to him.

What specifically about this game makes it the best week 1?

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I believe you're correct, last season wasn't the worst home loss ever, it was the worst opening season home loss ever. @AshlyKBMT can fact check that. 

And I agree it should be a much better game this season, hopefully anyway. 🤞🏾 

Aldine MacArthur 75 vs PNG 0 in 1987

wos 55-0 over PNG in 1988

PAM 55-15 2023 

unfortunately it doesn’t list home and away on the png site on my phone. 
I’m looking for the book. But you may be correct in your home opener claim for sure.