Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire

On 5/3/2023 at 6:46 AM, Knox34 said:

Did Indians93 attack people calling them teenagers while defending someone for being attacked in the same manner ?  I believe these “attacks” are saying parents need to stop getting in the way of the coaches and let them do their job. Especially if you want a good coach. Coming in throwing out Bible versus and calling people teenagers seems very hypercritical to me. 

He is without sin so it's totally fine to cast stones

On 5/3/2023 at 6:29 AM, Indians93 said:

Are personal attacks allowed now?  Even the owner and mods of the site are participating in trashing a very good Christian Family. Disappointing to see all of these keyboard warriors attack someone who they think can't see these posts or don't know who they are. This is sad.  Are you all grown adults or high school teenagers?  

He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone"

Stop embarrassing your son.

On 5/4/2023 at 4:36 PM, TxHoops said:

Like when Jeffcoat was mentioned, this wouldn’t seem a move that would make a lot of sense for Josh. 

How so? Orangefield is typically better than Lumberton (outside of Mcclure years). I guess I am a little bit biased, I would love to get to watch Mitchell coach 2x a year. 

1 hour ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

How so? Orangefield is typically better than Lumberton (outside of Mcclure years). I guess I am a little bit biased, I would love to get to watch Mitchell coach 2x a year. 

He’s got a really good thing going where he is.  The community and kids are bought in.  

50 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He’s got a really good thing going where he is.  The community and kids are bought in.  

You sure?  I always had the feeling he leads the area in parent complaints.  To stay on topic, I saw the ghosts daddy declared his support for a candidate.  Interesting move.

8 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

You may be right.  Higher classification. It’s his alma mater.  I’m assuming pay is better (I know, I know what they say about assuming).  Regardless, he apparently didn’t apply. 

7 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

You sure?  I always had the feeling he leads the area in parent complaints.  To stay on topic, I saw the ghosts daddy declared his support for a candidate.  Interesting move.

He’s a polarizing coach, but from what I’ve heard and seen from lumberton, they love him there.  I think most of the criticism comes from outside that community.  I’ve been guilty of it myself, but through some of the conversations I’ve had on here, I’ve heard almost all positives from people in and around the program.  

11 hours ago, HasBeen36 said:

Natural hire to me is Bethea? He’s been at 5 schools the last 5 years. Brings a lot of experience to the table 

I personally wouldn’t want anybody that has been at 5 schools in last 5 years. All kinds of flags raised there. 

2 hours ago, Knox34 said:

I personally wouldn’t want anybody that has been at 5 schools in last 5 years. All kinds of flags raised there. 

There are always two sides to every story.  I know a lot of coaches read this site but I am not going to sit and be someone’s punching bag on a site where people hide their real name.  I am not hiding behind my screen name.  I have a great resume.  Yes, I have been at different places but some were my choice and some were the results of politics in this profession.  Some of you coaches who stir up the conversations and hide behind a screen name, well that is why I don’t come coach with you guys.  You should worry about your jobs since you are on short leashes.  You know who you are and coaches in the area know who you are too.  Heck, I have had 7 coaches contact me this morning about the jabs taken at me on this post and they all had only positive things to say. 

(Last 5 years)

OF Assistant – went 3 rounds deep, renewed for next school year. 

Evadale Boys Head Coach – Won District Championship…tripled win total. Principal wanted her brother to be the coach.  (Turned out ok because I went to OF)

WOS Girls Head Coach – Renewed, accepted job at Evadale (basketball school)

Slocum Girls Head Coach – told girls program from Middle school to High School would not win a game.  Won 30 games overall…. AD wanted best friend as a retire/rehire to take over Girls.  Ask me to go to the boys’ side as assistant.  I ended up accepting job at WOS.  (Covid hit this year as well)

Deweyville Boys Coach – Wanted to coach my daughter.  Accepted job at Slocum.

111 wins as a Head Coach

3 District Championships as Head Coach, 3 District Championships as an Assistant

Graduate in December from Lamar as a Honor Student with Master of Education Administration Degree.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:12 AM, 72 Pinto said:

Lumberton in general leads the area if not the state in parents complaining about coaches

Did I take a jab at you by saying that?  If so I didn’t mean to. I don’t know who you are nor did I know you were an assistant at orangefield. Apparently the players dad wants the assistant to stay there so sounds like you have his vote! I think most people would agree that if someone that has had 5 jobs in 5 years it doesn’t look great on a resume. Maybe I was wrong about you🤷🏻‍♂️  Apologize if it came off as a jab. But sounds like you have the support of the players and parents. 

2 hours ago, Coach Bethea said:

There are always two sides to every story.  I know a lot of coaches read this site but I am not going to sit and be someone’s punching bag on a site where people hide their real name.  I am not hiding behind my screen name.  I have a great resume.  Yes, I have been at different places but some were my choice and some were the results of politics in this profession.  Some of you coaches who stir up the conversations and hide behind a screen name, well that is why I don’t come coach with you guys.  You should worry about your jobs since you are on short leashes.  You know who you are and coaches in the area know who you are too.  Heck, I have had 7 coaches contact me this morning about the jabs taken at me on this post and they all had only positive things to say. 

(Last 5 years)

OF Assistant – went 3 rounds deep, renewed for next school year. 

Evadale Boys Head Coach – Won District Championship…tripled win total. Principal wanted her brother to be the coach.  (Turned out ok because I went to OF)

WOS Girls Head Coach – Renewed, accepted job at Evadale (basketball school)

Slocum Girls Head Coach – told girls program from Middle school to High School would not win a game.  Won 30 games overall…. AD wanted best friend as a retire/rehire to take over Girls.  Ask me to go to the boys’ side as assistant.  I ended up accepting job at WOS.  (Covid hit this year as well)

Deweyville Boys Coach – Wanted to coach my daughter.  Accepted job at Slocum.

111 wins as a Head Coach

3 District Championships as Head Coach, 3 District Championships as an Assistant

Graduate in December from Lamar as a Honor Student with Master of Education Administration Degree.

I don't know you, have never mentioned your name on the site, and don't have an issue with any of the reasons you've stated on here.  I've heard only good things about you, and respect the fact that you come on here and say who you are. That said, I'm still in agreement with Knox about not wanting a coach who always has a reason to leave.  I'm not about to debate a man about what's in his own head and heart, but I think your record speaks for itself in two ways.  1. You're a good coach that 2.  doesn't stay in one place.  I'm not going to dissect every reason you've posted, but reading them I'd think there's a good chance there will be another reason that comes up causing you to move on to the next school, especially if it's an upgrade.  If I were at OF, I would be hesitant to hire someone who has a history of not staying in one place, no matter how good of a track record they have as a coach.  I work in education, and often serve on interview panels, and it's always a red flag when a teacher turns in an application with a job history full of one-year stints and a bunch of different schools.  Coaching isn't any different in that aspect. All that said, you have a working relationship with those at the school, and are a proven winner, so you do have a nice inside track towards the job.  I wish you the best of luck, whether it be at OF or elsewhere.  

50 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

Did I take a jab at you by saying that?  If so I didn’t mean to. I don’t know who you are nor did I know you were an assistant at orangefield. Apparently the players dad wants the assistant to stay there so sounds like you have his vote! I think most people would agree that if someone that has had 5 jobs in 5 years it doesn’t look great on a resume. Maybe I was wrong about you🤷🏻‍♂️  Apologize if it came off as a jab. But sounds like you have the support of the players and parents. 

Wrong assistant. Scales wants the assistant Shores, not Bethea.

34 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wrong assistant. Scales wants the assistant Shores, not Bethea.

Oh guess I missed that part. Well I hear interviews are today and tomorrow. We should have a coach named soon enough. Heard they were also interviewing their middle school coach 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire