Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

Didn't Orangefield lose a lot of seniors? 

They will likely move to 4A next realighment, not sure if that matters to the coaches applying, but it seems it would very hard to compete in the 4A district they'd be in. 

I think they graduate 3 starters and a couple of others that contributed off the bench. They have a good core coming back. They’ll still be competitive. 

They have a good chance of staying 3A if the UIL continues to raise the bottom number for 4A. The last realignment included the senior class that graduated last year and I think it was the largest class to ever graduate from Orangefield. I don’t think any of the current classes are that size but I’m not 100% sure about that. 

35 minutes ago, Cat22 said:

I think they graduate 3 starters and a couple of others that contributed off the bench. They have a good core coming back. They’ll still be competitive. 

They have a good chance of staying 3A if the UIL continues to raise the bottom number for 4A. The last realignment included the senior class that graduated last year and I think it was the largest class to ever graduate from Orangefield. I don’t think any of the current classes are that size but I’m not 100% sure about that. 

According to Coach Smalley, he told me it will be very close but expects to be moved up to 4A next alignment.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to Coach Smalley, he told me it will be very close but expects to be moved up to 4A next alignment.

I talked to Smalley earlier today, he said he went back and looked at the Jr High numbers and he thinks Orangefield will stay 3A next realignment. 

10 minutes ago, Cat22 said:

I talked to Smalley earlier today, he said he went back and looked at the Jr High numbers and he thinks Orangefield will stay 3A next realignment. 

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It’s always close, but if I were betting, it would be that we stay 3A.  I think our numbers might be lower than last realignment.  

In fairness to Josh, he’s a much better football coach than mathematician.  And I only say that hoping it gets back to him 😂🤣

1 hour ago, ballup said:

So hire the aau coach from around the corner to come in and take over?

If he didn’t get the girls job at buna what makes you think orangefield would even consider? He’s been as assistant for ONE year I expect them to bring in someone with some experience 

2 hours ago, Hawks18 said:

If he didn’t get the girls job at buna what makes you think orangefield would even consider? He’s been as assistant for ONE year I expect them to bring in someone with some experience 

Yeah if they were going to hire someone with no HC experience, they have one on staff who has been an OF kid all his life and coaching basketball at various levels there.  One thing about it, Smalley has proven himself to be as good an AD as a football coach and he’s one heckuva of a football coach in my opinion.  He truly cares and supports ALL the sports, boys and girls. They have had an incredible year winning district championships in boys and girls sports and sending multiple kids to state in individual sports. Just like with Jake, Erickson, Ragsdales, and many others we could name, I’m sure he will hire the right guy. 

18 hours ago, Hawks18 said:

😂😂 I think they would run someone off if they hired a one year assistant coach 

Hearing DJ Wilson's name a lot and one has to believe that the current assistant is involved.  He's got some really good head coaching experience.  Bobcats can't go wrong with either one of those guys...and they're related!

16 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

Hearing DJ Wilson's name a lot and one has to believe that the current assistant is involved.  He's got some really good head coaching experience.  Bobcats can't go wrong with either one of those guys...and they're related!

I think DJ Wilson would be a great hire..I’m sure he would bring his assistant 

2 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Didn’t Buna go from 1st to 4th? 

Im not sure that would be the best move for the Cats. 

3 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

If you're talking about the kids dad that always wears the cool flat bill hat, then I could not think of a worse idea.  I guess it would make for good TV though. 

He’s trolling.  He works at one of the refineries, has a family to support, isn’t a teacher, etc. 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire