Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire

32 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Winning 65% of your games at Orangefield is no small feat.

2 deepest runs in school history two (both third round).  Those two teams each had a historically good player for Orangefield which always helps.  But he probably  had the most 6 year tenure of any coach in program history.  Good guy too - wish him the best. 

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Is he certified?

I don't think a school district the size of Orangefield would hire anyone who wasn't certified. Just doesn't fit the budget.

Certification is easy assuming he graduated Lamar.  As you know, it’s not like getting certified as a peace officer, etc.  Essentially pay some money and pass a test.  They hire people all the time (at OF at least, with understanding they will get certified in whatever time frame grace period TEA or whomever dictates  

Just now, TxHoops said:

Certification is easy assuming he graduated Lamar.  As you know, it’s not like getting certified as a peace officer, etc.  Essentially pay some money and pass a test.  They hire people all the time (at OF at least, with understanding they will get certified in whatever time frame grace period TEA or whomever dictates  

I think there is a reason why he is not employed by any school district. At least, I don't think he is.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think there is a reason why he is not employed by any school district. At least, I don't think he is.

Maybe so.  Have no idea honestly.  Nor do I know if he would be interested.  Looks like his training business is starting to boom.  For good reason.

20 minutes ago, ah22 said:

What about making a run at Jeffcoat from LCM. Pretty sure the best returning player at OF was there before last year. 

LCM pays better.  And he will have better players there overall on a consistent basis.  Would love to have him but pretty sure he wouldn’t be interested. 

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Orangefield HIRED Bryan Whitmire