2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

I missed the 6 th seed, however they lost ground on the Rangers and the way they have played the last 2 games they still May finish 6th. They were 1/2 game out after beating Texas. What are they now? 3 or 31/2, so I wouldn’t get too chippy.  They are not closer to the 2 seed and you are possibly the one that may not know what you are talking about

50 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I missed the 6 th seed, however they lost ground on the Rangers and the way they have played the last 2 games they still May finish 6th. They were 1/2 game out after beating Texas. What are they now? 3 or 31/2, so I wouldn’t get too chippy.  They are not closer to the 2 seed and you are possibly the one that may not know what you are talking about

I am willing to bet a large sum of money to back up my knowledge.

This is the hidden content, please

(.495 SOS)
The Astros are attempting to win their third consecutive AL West crown. Whatever you think of how their roster stacks up to the
, just know that Houston has an easier road to October. The Rangers have one of the three toughest remaining schedules in the majors, while the Astros have the fifth easiest. Houston has 12 games to go against the Oakland Athletics, Kansas City Royals, and Detroit Tigers. (They also have three left against the Rangers, which may end up making the difference when all is said and done.)

Contenders hurt by schedule

1. Texas Rangers (.513 SOS)
We touched on the Rangers above. Their path forward includes series against the

, Houston Astros,
, Milwaukee Brewers, and
. Even some of their "easier" series -- like those against the Cleveland Guardians and
-- don't look as lopsided as those the Astros will enjoy. The Rangers have beaten the odds all season, so we'll see if they'll be able to continue doing so the rest of the way.

Rangers have been winning against really good teams. It seems that when they do stumble, we lose also. Tough to pick up ground that way. Can’t count on other teams to beat them for us. They are playing too well. We need a win streak and take care of business when we play them again. 

9 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Right now I'm happy to only be 3.5 games back with 40+ to go with all the injuries they've had to deal with.

Pretty amazing that both teams are as good as they are considering the injuries, to be honest.  Rangers lose a solid starter before the season, then their ace only a quarter of the way in.  They had 6 all-stars, and within 3 weeks of the break 4 of them had been or were on the DL.  Their offense is salty, though.  They have guys in the bottom 3 or not even playing consistently that would be in the top half of the lineups of about 90% of the league.  If their bullpen had been even a little better the first 2/3 of the season they’d be 30 games over .500 right now.  

10 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Astros pull it off 6-4  Hunter Brown wins in relief Pressly 28 saves

Rangers winning in 5th

Not sure where Javier’s head was on that wasted throw to 3rd. Wasn’t even close and the runner was already on base. Guess that’s why they want the pitchers to underhand their throws to 1st. Hey, a win is a win. 

37 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Astros keep playing like the last 2 nights and they will be 7th seed in about 3 weeks

LOL

You and your two game prognosis. Hilarious.

I guess one could say if the Astros played like the two games prior to the last two games they will win 110 games and be the #1 seed.

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

That is correct but they are now struggling hitting with men on base and starting pitchers are beginning to struggle and Baker leaves them in too long

hopefully they will turn it around

I think they will it's just scary right now.  Hope I'm right.  Seems like we beat the top seeds and don't play the lower seeds well

All I can say is “it’s baseball”. Anything can happen on any given night. All we can do is keep playing and hopefully things will work out. 1 run loss or 7 run loss, the result is the same. Most games are not blowouts anyway. 

I remember when Bobby Cox was manager of the Braves. Braves had a 20 game lead early in August. They lost their division and didn’t make the playoffs. It’s baseball.

40 minutes ago, baddog said:

All I can say is “it’s baseball”. Anything can happen on any given night. All we can do is keep playing and hopefully things will work out. 1 run loss or 7 run loss, the result is the same. Most games are not blowouts anyway. 

I remember when Bobby Cox was manager of the Braves. Braves had a 20 game lead early in August. They lost their division and didn’t make the playoffs. It’s baseball.

When we blow someone out we don't play well for a couple of games.  Should win today