2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Yes sir. Bats have been clicking and runs being produced all through the order. I will be in attendance for tomorrow night’s game against the Mariners. Won the tickets, so I cant complain about the seats.

Starter for Thursday still to be announced. They are really having trouble right now keeping enough starters especially with Javier's problem unknown.

Hopefully after all star break Urquidy comes back to eat up some innings, they get Javier fixed, and they do a trade for a decent starter or at least somebody that can eat up some innings.

3 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

Starter for Thursday still to be announced. They are really having trouble right now keeping enough starters especially with Javier's problem unknown.

Hopefully after all star break Urquidy comes back to eat up some innings, they get Javier fixed, and they do a trade for a decent starter or at least somebody that can eat up some innings.

Urquidy just threw a live BP couple days ago. Should be available after the break. Brantley was shut down again. I also read this about Maldy.

This is the hidden content, please

9 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

I am reading Brown as the starter for tonight’s game. 

47 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Dang. I'm going to the game tomorrow night and was hoping to see Brown live for the first time.

Well, I checked again and now they say Valdez. I saw Brown early in the season when he beat the Rangers. Valdez will be great. I’m really not picky. I also see a TBD. What the heck, free tickets…..I’m going. Lol

I thought Valdez was injured. 

18 minutes ago, baddog said:

Well, I checked again and now they say Valdez. I saw Brown early in the season when he beat the Rangers. Valdez will be great. I’m really not picky. I also see a TBD. What the heck, free tickets…..I’m going. Lol

Yeah I just saw a tweet where Dusty listed the starters for this weekend.

Tonight: TBD (likely bullpen game imo)

Friday: Brown

Saturday: Valdez

Sunday: Bielak

5 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

Yeah I just saw a tweet where Dusty listed the starters for this weekend.

Tonight: TBD (likely bullpen game imo)

Friday: Brown

Saturday: Valdez

Sunday: Bielak

Ronel Blanco was recalled from Triple A and will start tonight. Not sure how that works thought you had to be down 15 days before you could be recalled.

Altuve back to IL.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Seattle came to play baseball. I’m not sure what you would call what the Astros were playing. Long ball killed is. 

That's a typical Blanco outing. He has given up two home runs his last  five outings and he's a little wild too. Still he only gave up three runs...Astros just couldn't do anything offensively except Julks.

Face Castillo tomorrow another pretty tough pitcher. Wish they would bench Maldonado and let Diaz play on the field and use another better hitter to DH. Dusty won't do that though.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

I have to give credit to Neris for pitching his way out of a bases loaded, no outs jam in the top of the 8th. 2 K’s and a pop-up. Very intense individual.

Yep if he didn't get out of that jam we probably would have been swept in this series.

Offense only scored 6 runs on 19 hits in four games. Pitching not that bad except for Friday. No offense puts a lot of pressure on our pitchers. Hopefully, Altuve and Alvarez are back soon and that should aid the offense.

At this point, two games behind going into the all-star break actually feels like a positive.

1 hour ago, snakehead26 said:

Yep if he didn't get out of that jam we probably would have been swept in this series.

Offense only scored 6 runs on 19 hits in four games. Pitching not that bad except for Friday. No offense puts a lot of pressure on our pitchers. Hopefully, Altuve and Alvarez are back soon and that should aid the offense.

At this point, two games behind going into the all-star break actually feels like a positive.

Yes, we not only need their bat potential, but the spark they give to the rest of the team.

I have to give credit to the Mariners. They pitched very well in all 4 games, they stole bases, and put together hits to produce runs. Astros looked like deer in the headlights. Need to get healthy. I believe in this team. They will get it together.

13 hours ago, baddog said:

Yes, we not only need their bat potential, but the spark they give to the rest of the team.

I have to give credit to the Mariners. They pitched very well in all 4 games, they stole bases, and put together hits to produce runs. Astros looked like deer in the headlights. Need to get healthy. I believe in this team. They will get it together.

Agreed, they need this all-star break badly.

5 hours ago, snakehead26 said:

Astros came through Friday night with a 7-5 win. Pitching is starting to leak oil pretty bad.

Waiting for some of our players to come off the injured list and see what all the teams do by the trade deadline.

We’ve beaten Ohtani twice in a row now. 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Sorry, I don’t want him. This team can win it all when we get healthy. Ain’t doing that bad right now with subs. That’s just me. 

Need pitching period. But that may be too much to trade away for a rental that will be looking for $500 million in the off season anyway. My prediction is whoever gets him jumps to a front runner for the playoffs. He produced in the WBC when it mattered most and will step his game up to the occasion for whoever makes that deal.