2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

Anyone watching the game on tv…….can you tell me why Bochy came out and went to home plate ump? It didn’t change the outcome of the game. Just wanted to know if the announcers explained it at all. My first reaction was that a balk was called but then no runners advanced so it left me hanging.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Anyone watching the game on tv…….can you tell me why Bochy came out and went to home plate ump? It didn’t change the outcome of the game. Just wanted to know if the announcers explained it at all. My first reaction was that a balk was called but then no runners advanced so it left me hanging.

They had been barking at the ump about balls and strikes for most of the game. That particular pitch, catcher framed it well and held it for a few to try and get the call. Then there was more outburst from the dugout. The ump looked that direction then got back in position. Bouchy said something else and got tossed.

But that wasn't the only manager ejection to make news recently. Check out how MLB allowed Yankees pitcher to stay in the game after finding a substance on his hands.

19 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They had been barking at the ump about balls and strikes for most of the game. That particular pitch, catcher framed it well and held it for a few to try and get the call. Then there was more outburst from the dugout. The ump looked that direction then got back in position. Bouchy said something else and got tossed.

But that wasn't the only manager ejection to make news recently. Check out how MLB allowed Yankees pitcher to stay in the game after finding a substance on his hands.

MLB always taking it easy on the Yanks.  

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Thanks. Everyone around me was asking what was that all about. We were all clueless. They don’t post it on stadium the big screen. 
Didn’t German have a perfect game going? 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

very much enjoyed this series.  It's nice to have some hope again as a rangers fan.

Of course it’s all about winning series, and my Stros failed to do that. In fact, we’ve only won one series, yet still just 2.5 games back. Lots of baseball left.

The reigning World Series Champs take a second game from a good Braves squad. Both Alvarez and Tucker with 2 run homers. Peña with a bunt base hit with 2 outs in the 8th, steals 2nd, and scores on a Julks single. Astros playing much better than their start, which is how they have done it several times before.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Alvarez on pace for 50 dingers.

Totally awesome. Look at his RBI potential, too.

Julks with an RBI single in the 9th to put my Astros ahead 3-2. Duban HBP to load them for Bregman who hit a 2 RBI single to make it 5-2. These Astros don’t give up.