Jump to content

Png 2023 ??


lcm93

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

Speed?

I don't know everything about him but what difference does it make? He is just a Freshman. By next year everything about him more than likely will change. Most kids around this age go through major growth spurts. The kid is good and will more than likely compete for the starting QB job next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

PNG should be set up well for 2023. Dayton will maintain competitiveness seen this year while relying on youth but will be coming strong 2024 to 2026. Assume that FB Marshall will remain intact.

Who knows how the alignment will shake out after next year. 

At least next year homecoming won't be the Dayton game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool facts about PNG for those who are interested. Please do not take his as bragging. I am only interested in sharing to those who love high school football or want something to compare their program to.  I am a proud Indian and love to talk with others.

PN-G has won 65% of its 88 playoff games. 

PN-G has won 57 playoff games.

PN-G has been  the district champions  27 times.

PN-G has been to the bi-district 34 times

PN-G has been to area  12 times.

PN-G has been to regionals 17 times

PN-G has been to the Quarter-finals 11 times.

PN-G has been to the semi-finals 9 times

PN-G has been to the state championship 7 times.

PN-G has won 3 state championships. 

Only one team in SETX has been to the State championship more time than PN-G and that is the mighty WOS Mustangs with 8 trips.

The other great team from SETX to TIE PN-G for trips to the State Championship is the mighty Newton Eagles. 

We do not have the talent of WOS or Newton. Definitely not SOC. They had over 180 scholarship offers to their team vs a minor handful to PNG. Coaching has been huge for us this season. Congrats to SOC on a magical season, Hats off to you and your program. PN-G had a magical season of their own defeating the #2 #3 and #5 teams in the state. Thank you SETX family for your support. Thank you SETXSPORTS for your support. I have received so many messages of encouragement from many of you and your support warmed my heart. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Even those who sent negative messages at least you recognized the feat of making it this far. Thanks again for making this magical season feel like we are ne big family. Far those who said due to demographics we would never again make it to state I hope you see that there can and will always be opportunities to make it with the right combination of kiddos and coaching and that demographics cant stop a team from making it. Even in this day of recruiting, building super magnet schools and putting all the best athletes on a single team with a goal of making a SC teams like a PNG, Nederland, PAM, WB, BU, Lumberton, Vidor, Dayton, Jasper, WOS, Newton, West Sabine, Shelbyville, and all the other teams that are landlocked, in a dead growth area can and in fact will make it back at some point. When they do its all the more special. No transfers, no magnets, just hometown kiddos playing their tales off. Look at Silsbee. they have been stellar and Ill say it got screwed out of a shot at the semi-finals by a bullshit non-call. I watched the Silsbee game and saw several times the refs screwed them over. Parden my language. The 2 pt. that was allowed when Cuerro was throwing off his knee really pissed me off. It wasn't as if it was something close. he was down way before the ball was thrown. I have no skin in the game as I am a PNG fan, but Silsbee was the best team and should have been playing in the next round. I hate it when refs determine a game. they should never be the deciding factor in an important game as this one was.. Great season Silsbee, Great season Lumberton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2022 at 5:22 AM, purpleeagle said:

What does this have with PN-G 23.  
 

They just can’t help coach bashing and this site allows it to go on. Tells you a lot about the type of people they are. Obviously not Church goers. Must be miserable to go through life like that. Obviously a mental problem upstairs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2022 at 3:39 PM, prepballfan said:

Cool facts about PNG for those who are interested. Please do not take his as bragging. I am only interested in sharing to those who love high school football or want something to compare their program to.  I am a proud Indian and love to talk with others.

PN-G has won 65% of its 88 playoff games. 

PN-G has won 57 playoff games.

PN-G has been  the district champions  27 times.

PN-G has been to the bi-district 34 times

PN-G has been to area  12 times.

PN-G has been to regionals 17 times

PN-G has been to the Quarter-finals 11 times.

PN-G has been to the semi-finals 9 times

PN-G has been to the state championship 7 times.

PN-G has won 3 state championships. 

Only one team in SETX has been to the State championship more time than PN-G and that is the mighty WOS Mustangs with 8 trips.

The other great team from SETX to TIE PN-G for trips to the State Championship is the mighty Newton Eagles. 

We do not have the talent of WOS or Newton. Definitely not SOC. They had over 180 scholarship offers to their team vs a minor handful to PNG. Coaching has been huge for us this season. Congrats to SOC on a magical season, Hats off to you and your program. PN-G had a magical season of their own defeating the #2 #3 and #5 teams in the state. Thank you SETX family for your support. Thank you SETXSPORTS for your support. I have received so many messages of encouragement from many of you and your support warmed my heart. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Even those who sent negative messages at least you recognized the feat of making it this far. Thanks again for making this magical season feel like we are ne big family. Far those who said due to demographics we would never again make it to state I hope you see that there can and will always be opportunities to make it with the right combination of kiddos and coaching and that demographics cant stop a team from making it. Even in this day of recruiting, building super magnet schools and putting all the best athletes on a single team with a goal of making a SC teams like a PNG, Nederland, PAM, WB, BU, Lumberton, Vidor, Dayton, Jasper, WOS, Newton, West Sabine, Shelbyville, and all the other teams that are landlocked, in a dead growth area can and in fact will make it back at some point. When they do its all the more special. No transfers, no magnets, just hometown kiddos playing their tales off. Look at Silsbee. they have been stellar and Ill say it got screwed out of a shot at the semi-finals by a bullshit non-call. I watched the Silsbee game and saw several times the refs screwed them over. Parden my language. The 2 pt. that was allowed when Cuerro was throwing off his knee really pissed me off. It wasn't as if it was something close. he was down way before the ball was thrown. I have no skin in the game as I am a PNG fan, but Silsbee was the best team and should have been playing in the next round. I hate it when refs determine a game. they should never be the deciding factor in an important game as this one was.. Great season Silsbee, Great season Lumberton. 

And yet PNG has more State Titles than SOC!    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2022 at 3:39 PM, prepballfan said:

Cool facts about PNG for those who are interested. Please do not take his as bragging. I am only interested in sharing to those who love high school football or want something to compare their program to.  I am a proud Indian and love to talk with others.

PN-G has won 65% of its 88 playoff games. 

PN-G has won 57 playoff games.

PN-G has been  the district champions  27 times.

PN-G has been to the bi-district 34 times

PN-G has been to area  12 times.

PN-G has been to regionals 17 times

PN-G has been to the Quarter-finals 11 times.

PN-G has been to the semi-finals 9 times

PN-G has been to the state championship 7 times.

PN-G has won 3 state championships. 

Only one team in SETX has been to the State championship more time than PN-G and that is the mighty WOS Mustangs with 8 trips.

The other great team from SETX to TIE PN-G for trips to the State Championship is the mighty Newton Eagles. 

We do not have the talent of WOS or Newton. Definitely not SOC. They had over 180 scholarship offers to their team vs a minor handful to PNG. Coaching has been huge for us this season. Congrats to SOC on a magical season, Hats off to you and your program. PN-G had a magical season of their own defeating the #2 #3 and #5 teams in the state. Thank you SETX family for your support. Thank you SETXSPORTS for your support. I have received so many messages of encouragement from many of you and your support warmed my heart. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Even those who sent negative messages at least you recognized the feat of making it this far. Thanks again for making this magical season feel like we are ne big family. Far those who said due to demographics we would never again make it to state I hope you see that there can and will always be opportunities to make it with the right combination of kiddos and coaching and that demographics cant stop a team from making it. Even in this day of recruiting, building super magnet schools and putting all the best athletes on a single team with a goal of making a SC teams like a PNG, Nederland, PAM, WB, BU, Lumberton, Vidor, Dayton, Jasper, WOS, Newton, West Sabine, Shelbyville, and all the other teams that are landlocked, in a dead growth area can and in fact will make it back at some point. When they do its all the more special. No transfers, no magnets, just hometown kiddos playing their tales off. Look at Silsbee. they have been stellar and Ill say it got screwed out of a shot at the semi-finals by a bullshit non-call. I watched the Silsbee game and saw several times the refs screwed them over. Parden my language. The 2 pt. that was allowed when Cuerro was throwing off his knee really pissed me off. It wasn't as if it was something close. he was down way before the ball was thrown. I have no skin in the game as I am a PNG fan, but Silsbee was the best team and should have been playing in the next round. I hate it when refs determine a game. they should never be the deciding factor in an important game as this one was.. Great season Silsbee, Great season Lumberton. 

Newton has been to state 7 times and has won 5 times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think PN-G will struggle to win district next year.

Nederland will continue to struggle because they just do not have the athletes. They can replace the coach but they will not have the athletes and will continue to struggle regardless of who coaches them. Coaches can not just snap their finger and say you and you are now athletes, it just does not work that way. 
The natural athletic ability of R. Johnson is a good example how one or two good kids can change a program.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I think PN-G will struggle to win district next year.

Nederland will continue to struggle because they just do not have the athletes. They can replace the coach but they will not have the athletes and will continue to struggle regardless of who coaches them. Coaches can not just snap their finger and say you and you are now athletes, it just does not work that way. 
The natural athletic ability of R. Johnson is a good example how one or two good kids can change a program.  

Surely you jest.  I have it on good authority that there are coaches capable of winning a state championship in any school within 7 years.... regardless of their players' athletic ability.  They call this seemingly mythical group of men "Elite".  I know it may sound silly.. but it's true.  You sound like one of those kid blamers. (Disclaimer: This only exists in the sport of football)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Surely you jest.  I have it on good authority that there are coaches capable of winning a state championship in any school within 7 years.... regardless of their players' athletic ability.  They call this seemingly mythical group of men "Elite".  I know it may sound silly.. but it's true.  You sound like one of those kid blamers. (Disclaimer: This only exists in the sport of football)

Surely you do not believe that there is a source out there better than setx sports posters. Oh, I forgot you are a setx sports poster. Coaches do not need to go 4 years in college they just need a crash course with setx sports posters.

ps- who is your good authority? I bet he can put his mouth to a mules mouth and blow the bits out the other end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Surely you do not believe that there is a source out there better than setx sports posters. Oh, I forgot you are a setx sports poster. Coaches do not need to go 4 years in college they just need a crash course with setx sports posters.

ps- who is your good authority? I bet he can put his mouth to a mules mouth and blow the bits out the other end.

Not only do we have better coaches on this forum -- we even have better comedians!  LOL!!  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    45,991
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086
    Joined



  • Posts

    • Anahuac will be much better than some of those listed in the top 25. It will not take long for them to be ranked. 
    • Slightly more black than white in Section 8.    This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up But that’s completely understandable based on the percentage of single parent households  in those respective communities. 
    • How does the doorman’s decision make Trump a racist?
    • But this is the type of thing I’m talking about. Are black people to stupid to get a photo ID? That’s what liberals would have us believe. Requiring everybody to provide a photo ID when voting is discrimination towards blacks? Gimme a break.    It’s a proven fact that black people commit the majority of violent crimes in America, despite making up only 13 percent of the population. But racism is the reason that there are more black people in jail for committing violent crimes? Duh.    The majority of individual wealth is comprised of our homes… but it’s exceptionally hard for single moms of any race to achieve home ownership. When 75% of AA kids are born to single moms, it’s not surprising that more black kids grow up in rent houses and apartments.    I know a young man that dropped out of high school, got arrested a couple times, has three baby mama’s did some actual time, likes to smoke a lot of weed, has neck tattoos and can’t speak the King’s English. You’d say “well, that’s institutional racism, the legacy of our original sin of slavery, and the effects of growing up in poverty.” I’d say, “hold up… you’re completely wrong-this kid is white and he’s just an eff-up.”  But you give no possibility to the idea that a lot of problems are self-inflicted, not the ol’ racist boogey man.    And there wasn’t a current racist policy in that article. There was a lot of conjecture on the part of the author, trying to pin outcomes on racism, without a single shred of evidence, other than the outcomes.    Racist laws and policies against minorities have been illegal since 1964. You can’t point out a single policy that’s discriminatory to minorities in 2024. Racism is imagined at this point. 
    • There are black and whites on Section 8. Probably more white people.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...