Png 2023 ??

lcm93

36 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

There is getting slightly off topic for a couple of posts and then there is getting way off topic for a page and a half.   It is up to the mods/admins discretion as to how far off before we reel it back in.    Its time to reel this one back in to the topic.   Start your own thread ( which is already there by the way) if you want a different topic. 

Bingo!

56 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's always funny when I read any of these threads and people talk about paying Surratt.  He could have any open job in the state of Texas, but people think he's gonna come coach PNG or Vidor or Bridge City, or whatever.  If he were to go anywhere, I'd imagine it would be to a 6A school in Dallas or Houston.  He's certainly not coming to SETX just because some school is willing to pay him $25K more a year than he's making now.  

All I've seen is what-if scenarios.  Like: If Surratt went to Sabine Pass could he beat the KC Chiefs?   Now, I have to admit it does give me tremendous comic relief.  Anyway, you are right, it would probably be a 6A school.  Interesting, though, why he hasn't yet.  The schools in this area will not get an established Elite coach.  Of course, at the time, neither did Aledo, Carthage or Celina! They just hit the jackpot.  

26 minutes ago, Reagan said:

All I've seen is what-if scenarios.  Like: If Surratt went to Sabine Pass could he beat the KC Chiefs?   Now, I have to admit it does give me tremendous comic relief.  Anyway, you are right, it would probably be a 6A school.  Interesting, though, why he hasn't yet.  The schools in this area will not get an established Elite coach.  Of course, at the time, neither did Aledo, Carthage or Celina! They just hit the jackpot.  

And you are still off topic.  Last warning.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Quit a bit. I'll try and look and see. Give me a day or so on turnaround. I know the o line will be very good. Maybe better than last seasons.

Thought yall were young the 2 seasons before last season? At least that's what was posted on here. 

Now I'm really interested in seeing how many yall have coming back. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Thought yall were young the 2 seasons before last season? At least that's what was posted on here. 

Now I'm really interested in seeing how many yall have coming back. 

We had quit a bit move up last season. Big line and the starting RB will be back as well as Chattinger. Who will be in 11th next year. Shea I assume will be Qb

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hold on Shea being QB1 next season 😉

Some returners from last year

Shea, Issac Sinette, Blair Chattinger, Nguyen,  OL big Jackson Christian, Dylan Romero, Keegan Flores, Mario Miguel. DL Jacob Cabrerra, Andres Fuentes, Johnathen Hernandez. LB Issac Uriostegui, Mason Wenshuel, Sean Gardinar, Dylan Talbert. Secondary William Poole, Khameran Droddy, Ried Richard. These are the ones that started the year of as varsity starters or substitution players. WR Noah Washington, and also Ried Ruchard plays both ways. 

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Some returners from last year

Shea, Issac Sinette, Blair Chattinger, Nguyen,  OL big Jackson Christian, Dylan Romero, Keegan Flores, Mario Miguel. DL Jacob Cabrerra, Andres Fuentes, Johnathen Hernandez. LB Issac Uriostegui, Mason Wenshuel, Sean Gardinar, Dylan Talbert. Secondary William Poole, Khameran Droddy, Ried Richard. These are the ones that started the year of as varsity starters or substitution players. WR Noah Washington, and also Ried Ruchard plays both ways. 

Lol. Ok. I know already. And this aint it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK so we have two lineman who had Alabama watch then recently and several more being looked at by other colleges. Shea has offers at a few places, Jackson Chistian has offer all over the US, freshman going to Soph Wolford who is 6'7" 270 is also being looked at. Nguyen and Chattinger look like an amazing backfield.. Two WRs are 6'2" and 6'3". The defense is very big for an Indians defense. They are everywhere. Please don't shoot me for this I only mean this as a point of respect. PNGs defense looks like a WOS defense. They are big, fast, and so physical that they knocked their own teammates helmet off during the game. This team could be special. They still have some kinks to work out buy they are light years ahead of last years spring team. They are huge on the o Line 270, 290,300 are 3 of them. D line is very bug as well. A lot of speed in the secondary with Chase Johnson back and droddy as well. This team is sold on what Coach McDaniel of Katy is selling them on defense. He is one of the best DCs in our 99 year history. 

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Please don't shoot me for this I only mean this as a point of respect. PNGs defense looks like a WOS defense.

I like the comparison. And the rest of the your post is on point too. Im still giving big props to PNGs hiring process. The admin knew they didn't know what they thought they knew. Now look at all the attention the kids are getting from major universities. Also another indication of being like WOS.

On 6/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

I like the comparison. And the rest of the your post is on point too. Im still giving big props to PNGs hiring process. The admin knew they didn't know what they thought they knew. Now look at all the attention the kids are getting from major universities. Also another indication of being like WOS.

Ty I only meant to honor the greatness of WOS and how we look similar defensively. You guys aren't just the Bench test for SETX you are the Bench test for Texas sitting right on top of the highest winning percentage of any school in any classification ever. What about an amazing feat. 

Going from putting all your best athletes on offense to putting your best athletes where they can best help the team win is a crazy idea!  Faircloth is a really good offensive coach, but a lot of times he left their defense undermanned and really wasn't worried about it.  How long does Coach Joseph stick it out down here?

1 minute ago, 72 Pinto said:

Going from putting all your best athletes on offense to putting your best athletes where they can best help the team win is a crazy idea!  Faircloth is a really good offensive coach, but a lot of times he left their defense undermanned and really wasn't worried about it.  How long does Coach Joseph stick it out down here?

Until his daddy retires from Katy HS. 

7 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

Coach Faircloth brought PNG back to the map. I give him his just dues. 6 Trips to the 3rd round. I wonder how many local schools would trade for that? Id bet it would be a bunch. Not to mention he owns almost every statistic in PNG history. Not all but many.

On 6/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's not exactly how it went down, but the school board and administration deserve full credit for making the right decision when they were presented with the option.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:22 AM, prepballfan said:

OK so we have two lineman who had Alabama watch then recently and several more being looked at by other colleges. Shea has offers at a few places, Jackson Chistian has offer all over the US, freshman going to Soph Wolford who is 6'7" 270 is also being looked at. Nguyen and Chattinger look like an amazing backfield.. Two WRs are 6'2" and 6'3". The defense is very big for an Indians defense. They are everywhere. Please don't shoot me for this I only mean this as a point of respect. PNGs defense looks like a WOS defense. They are big, fast, and so physical that they knocked their own teammates helmet off during the game. This team could be special. They still have some kinks to work out buy they are light years ahead of last years spring team. They are huge on the o Line 270, 290,300 are 3 of them. D line is very bug as well. A lot of speed in the secondary with Chase Johnson back and droddy as well. This team is sold on what Coach McDaniel of Katy is selling them on defense. He is one of the best DCs in our 99 year history. 

Jackson picked up a Texas offer on Sunday. 

54 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Jackson picked up a Texas offer on Sunday. 

Yes Alabama looking and Texas offering. This team has a lot of talent. I believe you will see many head off on scholarship by the time they are seniors. Jackson is only headed to his junior year and already offered from Texas and probably Alabama sooner than later. The freshman going to Soph is getting looks as well. At 6'7" 270 he has much room to fill out and unique athletic set of skills as well. Line is looking crazy for this year. Hard to imagine Nguyen, Chatagnier, and Shea Adams all running from behind this line. This team is shaking out to be pretty good.