Png 2023 ??

lcm93

3 hours ago, Indians93 said:

They had zero success doing it against PNG last year and the O line is going to be just as good if not bigger and better this year. LH was small and had no answer.

Definitely in that one game. Unfortunately, PNG has not been good enough to meet LH in the playoffs before last year 

7 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Definitely in that one game. Unfortunately, PNG has not been good enough to meet LH in the playoffs before last year 

That’s correct.  They have some tough teams to get through before reaching them.  IF they can, they will handle LH.  That’s a big IF. But I’m hopeful. 

54 minutes ago, Indians93 said:

That’s correct.  They have some tough teams to get through before reaching them.  IF they can, they will handle LH.  That’s a big IF. But I’m hopeful. 

Ironically the year before last, LH beat Crosby 42-14 in the State Semi-Final who beat PNG 69-28. Just curious if Crosby had any good OL that year? Seems like LH handled them well and the alleged "superior" Region. 

Also wonder if LH (being a running team) was adversely impacted by losing their top 2 RBs? 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Ironically the year before last, LH beat Crosby 42-14 in the State Semi-Final who beat PNG 69-28. Just curious if Crosby had any good OL that year? Seems like LH handled them well and the alleged "superior" Region. 

Also wonder if LH (being a running team) was adversely impacted by losing their top 2 RBs? 

I think Vidor beat Crosby a couple of years ago. Maybe they just weren't ready for that style of offense. That Crosby team was stout. I have to believe they were capable of playing with LH. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

LH couldn’t stop PNG and it was because of the O line advantage over much smaller players.  PNG COULD stop LH because they were extremely well prepared for the one dimensional offense.  Crosby couldn’t prepare properly for it.  PNG did. 
i feel like I’m repeating myself at this point. 
the coaching staff prepared them better than anyone had before and it showed.  They couldn’t move the ball like they were used to doing. 

52 minutes ago, Indians93 said:

LH couldn’t stop PNG and it was because of the O line advantage over much smaller players.  PNG COULD stop LH because they were extremely well prepared for the one dimensional offense.  Crosby couldn’t prepare properly for it.  PNG did. 
i feel like I’m repeating myself at this point. 
the coaching staff prepared them better than anyone had before and it showed.  They couldn’t move the ball like they were used to doing. 

No is disputing that PNG could stop LH without LH two best players in one game last year. PNG nowhere to be found in any year prior. Maybe they can replicate it again this year and take a shot at LH at full strength (like when LH curb stomped superior teams that previously curb stomped PNG). 

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

I think Vidor beat Crosby a couple of years ago. Maybe they just weren't ready for that style of offense. That Crosby team was stout. I have to believe they were capable of playing with LH. 

Crosby may have been "capable". However, LH beat the breaks off Crosby. Maybe LH could have used their 2 best players (RBs on a "running" team) against PNG last year? 

9 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

PNG won the game by several touchdowns against a great school. I don't understand what you are getting at, ir tryung to ask? They won the game convincingly. Enough that had LH had their two backs I still think PNG would have most likely won the game. I have much respect for LH and Crosby both. I have no reason to trash talk them. You talk about PNG stopping those two backs, but you can flip that and look at the PNG had 525 yards of offense. Our RB had 237 yards rushing. The game was won by Indians line and ball control. I can't remember if we even punted in the game. I take my hat off to LH they were an awesome team and great fans. I had great conversations with them and the ones I spoke with said they would be supporting us the following week. A class school with classy fans. PNG fans for the most part realize making to state is extremely rare. It happens in cycles for example we made it in the 1950s, 1970s, 1990,s, and 2020s. I think without looking it's 20, 21, 22, and 23 years between trips. 99 years and 7 trips. We are honored to make it and it's not taken for granted. We are not WOS, Katy, SLC, Stephenville, Northshore, and so on. 

7 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

PNG won the game by several touchdowns against a great school. I don't understand what you are getting at, ir tryung to ask? They won the game convincingly. Enough that had LH had their two backs I still think PNG would have most likely won the game. I have much respect for LH and Crosby both. I have no reason to trash talk them. You talk about PNG stopping those two backs, but you can flip that and look at the PNG had 525 yards of offense. Our RB had 237 yards rushing. The game was won by Indians line and ball control. I can't remember if we even punted in the game. I take my hat off to LH they were an awesome team and great fans. I had great conversations with them and the ones I spoke with said they would be supporting us the following week. A class school with classy fans. PNG fans for the most part realize making to state is extremely rare. It happens in cycles for example we made it in the 1950s, 1970s, 1990,s, and 2020s. I think without looking it's 20, 21, 22, and 23 years between trips. 99 years and 7 trips. We are honored to make it and it's not taken for granted. We are not WOS, Katy, SLC, Stephenville, Northshore, and so on. 

Understood. The conversation began with folks saying PNG should be ranked ahead of LH. The reply was listing the reason/logic why LH was ranked higher. Many folks have applied a set of logic for PNG and something different for LH. For those who want to detract from LH body of work and success as if PNG is something better, is silly.

PNG won the game last year convincingly. To say that LH not having their best players did not make a difference is nonsense. LH offense and defense is predicated on successfully running the ball. If RB1 and RB2 are not available, it impacts the whole game. all of the mentioned factors are why LH is currently ranked higher than PNG. BTW, I happily pull for PNG. 

14 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood. The conversation began with folks saying PNG should be ranked ahead of LH. The reply was listing the reason/logic why LH was ranked higher. Many folks have applied a set of logic for PNG and something different for LH. For those who want to detract from LH body of work and success as if PNG is something better, is silly.

PNG won the game last year convincingly. To say that LH not having their best players did not make a difference is nonsense. LH offense and defense is predicated on successfully running the ball. If RB1 and RB2 are not available, it impacts the whole game. all of the mentioned factors are why LH is currently ranked higher than PNG. BTW, I happily pull for PNG. 

I understand as well now

On 6/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, 89Falcon said:

No is disputing that PNG could stop LH without LH two best players in one game last year. PNG nowhere to be found in any year prior. Maybe they can replicate it again this year and take a shot at LH at full strength (like when LH curb stomped superior teams that previously curb stomped PNG). 

Png won by beating the LH offensive and defensive lines. It wouldn’t have mattered if those two starters had been healthy. They wouldn’t have had anywhere to run. 

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Png won by beating the LH offensive and defensive lines. It wouldn’t have mattered if those two starters had been healthy. They wouldn’t have had anywhere to run. 

OK, here we go again. LH is the "first team that would not do better with their best two players". Because defenses "do not play teams differently who do not have their best two offensive players".

If you dont think LH minus their two best weapons, had anything to "where to run", you are not engaging in serious discussion. 

OK, here we go again. LH is the "first team that would not do better with their best two players". Because defenses "do not play teams differently who do not have their best two offensive players".

If you dont think LH minus their two best weapons, had anything to "where to run", you are not engaging in serious discussion. 

PN-G still would have won but it would would have been two touchdowns closer IMO

I didn’t say they wouldn’t have been better. It makes a difference to lose your two best running backs. I’m saying that runningback play wouldn’t have won them that game. It’s not like they had Bijan Robinson on the sidelines. 

22 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I didn’t say they wouldn’t have been better. It makes a difference to lose your two best running backs. I’m saying that runningback play wouldn’t have won them that game. It’s not like they had Bijan Robinson on the sidelines. 

Once you start "missing" on defense of the Slot T, things can turn in a hurry. PNG won the game, we will never know what "could have happened". 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:56 PM, 89Falcon said:

Once you start "missing" on defense of the Slot T, things can turn in a hurry. PNG won the game, we will never know what "could have happened". 

Again, nothing would have mattered for LH.  LH got out-coached that game.  That is unless you think coaching doesn't matter.  If that's the case then one would have to believe there's no difference between the Carthage coach and a 0-10 coach.  Just have these coaches swap teams and the results would still be the same.  I don't think anyone could reasonably think this!

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Again, nothing would have mattered for LH.  LH got out-coached that game.  That is unless you think coaching doesn't matter.  If that's the case then one would have to believe there's no difference between the Carthage coach and a 0-10 coach.  Just have these coaches swap teams and the results would still be the same.  I don't think anyone could reasonably think this!

Understood, except you have no way to make your allegation other than simply sharing your opinion. LH coaches have been getting it done for many years (which is why they are currently ranked higher than PNG). No one is "out coaching" LH. I am assuming that you believe PNG was "outcoached" by SOC and PAM? 

Looking forward to PNG replicating their results from last year as LH has been doing for two decades. 

9 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood, except you have no way to make your allegation other than simply sharing your opinion. LH coaches have been getting it done for many years (which is why they are currently ranked higher than PNG). No one is "out coaching" LH. I am assuming that you believe PNG was "outcoached" by SOC and PAM? 

Looking forward to PNG replicating their results from last year as LH has been doing for two decades. 

Png WAS outcoached by SOC and PAM