Png 2023 ??

lcm93

21 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

How does the excitement and/or expectations compare to last year at this time? 

Personally I'm more excited because last year we had no idea what he had in a new coaching staff.  Knowing now what that looks like,  I have high expectations.  Can't wait.

On 6/12/2023 at 11:30 AM, AledoAlumni said:

How does the excitement and/or expectations compare to last year at this time? 

I’m excited. It’s sort of a “prove it” year in some ways. Was last year just a combination of great players, good coaching, and luck, or is there a proven, winning system being installed at PNG? I think we have an excellent coach, and it seems to me that the conditioning and mentality is better than it’s been in at least 30 years. 

13 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Offers keep coming in QB Shea Adams received an offer from Navy today. Thats multiple offers for him now. Last Year our LT went to play for Air Force and enter the Air Force Academy. Now Our QB has an offer to do the same at Navy. Shea is 6'5" tall and about 220. 

Seems like he'd be a great fit for their triple-option offense.

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’m excited. It’s sort of a “prove it” year in some ways. Was last year just a combination of great players, good coaching, and luck, or is there a proven, winning system being installed at PNG? I think we have an excellent coach, and it seems to me that the conditioning and mentality is better than it’s been in at least 30 years. 

PN-G has been blessed to have a good run of talented kids with size. The OLs and DLs over the past couple of years and continuing in 2023 have had kids with size and mobility. Mix-in some really good kids at QB, RB, WR, lots of high energy kids on defense that were great at tackling, and add-in the great coaching and conditioning and you will win a lot of games.  I have no idea what they are feeding kids in Port Neches or Groves, but the Indians have had the size to control the LOS. It's good times at PN-G.  Enjoy it and be thankful.  The good times and bad times can be cyclical in HS football. I agree with some of the other PN-G fans.  Anxious to see how our Indians will replace #2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 44, 45, 48, 64, 65, 68, 72...lots of really good kids on the 2022 team. In the playoffs, I'm not sure any team had better LBs that PN-G (3, 6, and 16)...tackling like their hair was on fire. Go Indians.

24 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

PN-G has been blessed to have a good run of talented kids with size. The OLs and DLs over the past couple of years and continuing in 2023 have had kids with size and mobility. Mix-in some really good kids at QB, RB, WR, lots of high energy kids on defense that were great at tackling, and add-in the great coaching and conditioning and you will win a lot of games.  I have no idea what they are feeding kids in Port Neches or Groves, but the Indians have had the size to control the LOS. It's good times at PN-G.  Enjoy it and be thankful.  The good times and bad times can be cyclical in HS football. I agree with some of the other PN-G fans.  Anxious to see how our Indians will replace #2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 44, 45, 48, 64, 65, 68, 72...lots of really good kids on the 2022 team. In the playoffs, I'm not sure any team had better LBs that PN-G (3, 6, and 16)...tackling like their hair was on fire. Go Indians.

Did you attend the spring game or practices?

2 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

I think we had the best d-line and linebackers (as a unit) in the state. Nick Gardner had an incredible performance in the state game, and throughout the playoffs. 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:05 AM, prepballfan said:

Did you attend the spring game or practices?

No, I did not.  I have a good friend that lives in Groves. He told me that 2023 should be another good year for PN-G.  The Indians will again have big agile kids on the OL and DL, and Shea Adams will probably play all over the field, which is a good thing because when the ball is in his hands, good things happen. I've read on this message board and on the PN-G board that the Indians have a young QB that can run and throw. #33 returns at RB and last year he proved that he can carry the load. Give DC McDaniel another big DL and more high energy kids at LB and he will stop people. The defensive game plans he put together in the 2022 playoffs were the best at PN-G in a long, long time. Last year, he knew when FBM and SOC wanted to get outside and run, so he put a stop on the edges. Then, when they wanted to run a delay or RPO, he had our kids staying in their lanes.  Then, when they wanted to throw, he called the right blitz and coverage. It was a great ride. The kids (and fans) had confidence that he would find a way to get the defense to make stops.  Last year's tackling was better than any team at PN-G in the past 20+ years. Those kids hit, wrapped up, and got people on the ground. I'm excited to see if the Indians can build on last year's momentum and have another great run. The 2022 team had lots of good players.  Talented kids + great coaching = good mojo and wins. Go Indians.