****PN-G(42)**** vs. Liberty Hill(14) *****PNG Advances to State*****

PN-G bamatex

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That was before the 5A classification split. If you go back and search I said “Splitting the classification is the best thing that could’ve happened to this area.” It’s the main reason Crosby went to state. For instance, in the old format College Station, Lamar Fulshear, Angleton, Crosby and BH all would’ve been in the same R3-5A-D2 bracket with PNG this year. Not saying y’all still wouldn’t have went to state, just saying that would’ve been the bracket. 

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the SETX 5A-D2 district is sending their 2nd team to the finals in 5 years since the split. The district has also played in 3/5 semifinals since the split. You still have to be great to get there but the classification splits have been extremely beneficial in general to this coverage area. 

I was thinking that last night- the last several years the semifinal for 5ad2 has been liberty hill vs our district (of course Crosby is no longer in our district, but I’m speaking loosely of our group) 

7 minutes ago, badndn said:

SETX yes. But GT is BMT - PA - Org and all in between. 

So basically it's a question about when the last time a state championship has been won by these 10 schools (United, West Brook, Nederland, PN-G, PA Memorial, Vidor, WO-S, LC-M, Orangefield and Bridge City).

Pretty small scale so why even bother?

Never been prouder of a team than this one.  All the talking heads didn't get them past the first round, much less the 3rd!  Coach Joseph has done a remarkable job, but it's the kids that play the game.. and play THEY DID!  These kids believe that they can beat any team and, so far... they have (Excluding PAM  LOL).  #PNGProud!!!

Week 3 when I saw this team live I knew they made the right choice with the hire. Didn't imagine they had this in em the 1st year.

All of SETX, GT, whatever these guys want to call it. We are all hoping to have PNG bring another state championship trophy back down 45 next week. Go finish this amazing season. 

10 hours ago, pine curtain said:

i wonder how much Gary Joseph was involved in that game.

Coach Gary Joseph looks great wearing purple.  We need to send him some more purple and white gear! Just saying.  HC/Chief Jeff Joseph has put together an outstanding staff. Coaching, belief, confidence , and yes, those Indians have a lot of talented kids, all that adds up to lots of fun and wins! One more to go!  Go Indians!

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Week 3 when I saw this team live I knew they made the right choice with the hire. Didn't imagine they had this in em the 1st year.

All of SETX, GT, whatever these guys want to call it. We are all hoping to have PNG bring another state championship trophy back down 45 next week. Go finish this amazing season. 

Agree! Unite behind the Indians!

16 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

Hard to believe that LH has two rbs out that have 4000 rushing yards between them.

not 4000 it's 3000 and 30 tds. isn't hard to believe really at all that LH has crazy type totals. Once Jerry Vance arrived in LH in 2000 its the norm.

Prime example:

Jasper played Liberty Hill in the 2004 3A DII semi finals winning 35-27. Their backfield that season-

Casey Kociuba 2,401 yards

Ryan Lawhorn 2,175 yards

Matt Escamilla 1,976 yards

This is the hidden content, please

5 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Nope, 2018 Newton 

Not sure if Newton is considered in the Golden Triangle. That was the question.

I'm sure a Silsbee fan looking for a reason to slight WOS would see it that way, but the GT is Orange, PA and Beaumont and the communities that lie inside of that.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I'll second that!

9 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

Not sure if Newton is considered in the Golden Triangle. That was the question.

I'm sure a Silsbee fan looking for a reason to slight WOS would see it that way, but the GT is Orange, PA and Beaumont and the communities that lie inside of that.

Nevermind, I see this has already been beat to death, plus this thread is about the Indians. It don't need to get derailed.

PNG is a perfect "real-time" example of what happens when a Coach implements an effective scheme game plan, combined with a group of players who buy in and commit to executing what they have been coached. PNG has progressed every week throughout the year and has become a completely different team than what started in August. 

PNG coaches put a plan together for each week and the PNG players embrace and execute the game plan each week regardless of who the opponent is and what the narrative may be. PNG are definitely a team that is easy to pull for.