Fort Bend Marshall (21) vs Port Neches-Groves (29) - FINAL

Reagan

This is another winnable game for the Indians. They will match up well with LH. Big, physical lines and they don't make stupid mistakes. This time of year, you can't have the "bone head" errors. FBM had some dumb penalties last night and it cost them in the first half and PNG never let them recover. You can't make those in December because everyone left can beat you. PNG just needs to be PNG to win this one.

I think the PNG offense is much more dynamic than LH. That offense churns out some numbers against teams that can't stop it. Discipline play at the LOS is the key. Cornel Thompson was the master at putting the clamps down on that offense. I'd pay him whatever he wanted to come be an assistant for the week! 

Any way, good luck Indians! I'll be there with my Blue & Silver on if I'm back in TX by then.

1 hour ago, Eagle91 said:

Congrat’s to PNG on a great team win. The special teams play, defense, offense, and coaching was outstanding. The special teams kept pinning FBM deep and then the kicker nailed kick after kick. That 99’ season we made several big kicks also. So glad we have a kicker and not giving the other team the ball at the 40 yard line every possession. The offense and defense just beat FBM down. That big Oline was dominating. I think people forgot before BF got here PNG was always known for its defense and strong running game. This coaching staff adjust to all situations and attacks your weakness. I like seeing a swarming defense that delivers big hits and not running from contact. And that’s what PNG does. I have no reason to believe these coachs wont have a good game plan for next week. PNG may have to give a few of these coachs raises to keep them here. 

+1

They call the Slot T trashy, gimmicky, etc, etc, but dang, I like it, for the very reason someone posted earlier, who’s got the ball?  I think they said the same thing about the spread when Tom Landry started using it.  Thing is, you need a QB who can not only tote the rock, but throw a decent pass when called upon.  The key to stopping it is discipline on defense. IMO this plays into the Indians strength. If the OLB goes for the FB barreling through the middle, the WB coming around end will run free.  PNG - stay at home, and I expect them to.  No keepaway this week.  Score score score, then score some more.

Go Indians!

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

They call the Slot T trashy, gimmicky, etc, etc, but dang, I like it, for the very reason someone posted earlier, who’s got the ball?  I think they said the same thing about the spread when Tom Landry started using it.  Thing is, you need a QB who can not only tote the rock, but throw a decent pass when called upon.  The key to stopping it is discipline on defense. IMO this plays into the Indians strength. If the OLB goes for the FB barreling through the middle, the WB coming around end will run free.  PNG - stay at home, and I expect them to.  No keepaway this week.  Score score score, then score some more.

Go Indians!

I've seen the Slot-T alot key to stopping it is to control the line of scrimmage and containment outside the tackle box

Congrats to PNG! I was hoping they would be prepared and execute.

Like I said two months ago, FBM is not a well coached team and does a lot of dumb stuff if you can show you can hang with them. Thats exactly what they did last year against BH, you could see the quit on about half the team as they slowly walked in for halftime and back out for the start out the second half.  

I'm waiting for our buddy @Cougar14.2 to tell us why the great demographics advantage that FBM had didn't play out in in this one?

I don't think FBM was poorly coached.  The Buffs made some mistakes, but PN-G had something to do with that.  FBM had a good team.  Their QB and DL were legit.  JaCoby Banks was a fantastic player.  #10, #85, and many other kids.  The played well for the Buffs.  It was the best, most complete game PN-G has played since 1999.  PN-G is blessed to have a big and strong OL that has kids who can move their feet well and they put a helmet on you and move you off the line of scrimmage.  The Indians have size and strength, and they use it.  On defense, the Indians are playing their asses off.  Whatever we are paying the DC, it is not enough.  I'm the first one to donate $$$ to give that man a raise.  He puts our kids in position to make plays and they make them.  I could type the numbers of the whole defensive roster.  They rotate kids in and out, and all those kids play 100 mph.  Whatever they are doing, keep doing it.  PN-G also has solid special teams.  The kicking game, punt game, coverages, and returns have been outstanding.  The kicker hammered home some great FGs last night.  Tip of the cap to the Buffs.  Their QB was tough as nails.  He made good throws under pressure.  He's one tough kid...made good reads and throws.  That comes from good coaching.  The Buffs had speed all over the field, but PN-G stayed in their lanes and got enough kids around the football to make some stops.  The Buffs played well, but PN-G played better.  Great game by the PN-G QB...big throws, composure, nice game management, and he's a great punter, too.  All the PN-G kids believe in each other.  Great coaching and belief is a magical thing.  Good game FBM.  Great HS playoff game.  Go Indians.  Peace.

2 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Liberty Hill is the home team...interesting I thought they would pick a bigger stadium

NRG and College stadiums may not have been available. Legacy Stadium is a fantastic venue plus there are multiple buc-ees on the way there. Where you play doesn't matter at this point it's how you play.

25 minutes ago, JackofAll said:

NRG and College stadiums may not have been available. Legacy Stadium is a fantastic venue plus there are multiple buc-ees on the way there. Where you play doesn't matter at this point it's how you play.

North Shore is playing at Rice next Saturday so not a question of availability I think it was liberty hill wanting to limit the size of the PN-G crowd

12 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

North Shore is playing at Rice next Saturday so not a question of availability I think it was liberty hill wanting to limit the size of the PN-G crowd

My understanding is that if you're home you lost the toss so did PNG pick the stadium? Or did LH win and got the pick of venue and home team?

46 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I don't think FBM was poorly coached.  The Buffs made some mistakes, but PN-G had something to do with that.  FBM had a good team.  Their QB and DL were legit.  JaCoby Banks was a fantastic player.  #10, #85, and many other kids.  The played well for the Buffs.  It was the best, most complete game PN-G has played since 1999.  PN-G is blessed to have a big and strong OL that has kids who can move their feet well and they put a helmet on you and move you off the line of scrimmage.  The Indians have size and strength, and they use it.  On defense, the Indians are playing their asses off.  Whatever we are paying the DC, it is not enough.  I'm the first one to donate $$$ to give that man a raise.  He puts our kids in position to make plays and they make them.  I could type the numbers of the whole defensive roster.  They rotate kids in and out, and all those kids play 100 mph.  Whatever they are doing, keep doing it.  PN-G also has solid special teams.  The kicking game, punt game, coverages, and returns have been outstanding.  The kicker hammered home some great FGs last night.  Tip of the cap to the Buffs.  Their QB was tough as nails.  He made good throws under pressure.  He's one tough kid...made good reads and throws.  That comes from good coaching.  The Buffs had speed all over the field, but PN-G stayed in their lanes and got enough kids around the football to make some stops.  The Buffs played well, but PN-G played better.  Great game by the PN-G QB...big throws, composure, nice game management, and he's a great punter, too.  All the PN-G kids believe in each other.  Great coaching and belief is a magical thing.  Good game FBM.  Great HS playoff game.  Go Indians.  Peace.

100% 

51 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Having seen FBM during the season, I know in the game I saw the were very poorly coached.  Crazy timeouts(one resulted in not scoring a td that would’ve been one) and using timeouts because they couldn’t get plays in.  Did they at least clean that up?

16 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Having seen FBM during the season, I know in the game I saw the were very poorly coached.  Crazy timeouts(one resulted in not scoring a td that would’ve been one) and using timeouts because they couldn’t get plays in.  Did they at least clean that up?

Yes.  I don’t recall any bad timeouts or personnel issues for either team.  FBM called their go-to plays…jet sweep, QB read option, tunnel screen, quick outs, and the long ball.  The PN-G DC stretched our defensive kids from sideline to sideline and the Indians ran all 11 kids to be ball.  FBM #85 got loose on a long run and they hit a long ball on us, but PN-G was stingy on defense.  It was a great game.  All the kids on both teams played a good game.  I don’t remember thinking, that was a coaching mistake or that was a bonehead move.  As a PN-G alum, I am thrilled to see and enjoying every second of PN-G’s kids having success.  Coaches, players, band, Indianettes, twirlers, flags, our beloved Indian Spirit, students, alumni, and fans are enjoying good times!  Honor, Pride, and Tradition…We Are PN-G!

1 minute ago, 1989NDN said:

Yes.  I don’t recall any bad timeouts or personnel issues for either team.  FBM called their go-to plays…jet sweep, QB read option, tunnel screen, quick outs, and the long ball.  The PN-G DC stretched our defensive kids from sideline to sideline and the Indians ran all 11 kids to be ball.  FBM #85 got loose on a long run and they hit a long ball on us, but PN-G was stingy on defense.  It was a great game.  All the kids on both teams played a good game.  I don’t remember thinking, that was a coaching mistake or that was a bonehead move.  As a PN-G alum, I am thrilled to see and enjoying every second of PN-G’s kids having success.  Coaches, players, band, Indianettes, twirlers, flags, our beloved Indian Spirit, students, alumni, and fans are enjoying good times!  Honor, Pride, and Tradition…We Are PN-G!

I watched an interview with the new coach and I was impressed with him.  He brought the confidence before the game that PNG belonged. Wasn’t arrogance, it was confidence that obviously trickled down to the players.  Awesome to see!

2 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Liberty Hill is the home team...interesting I thought they would pick a bigger stadium

Kyle Field is about the midway point for both teams. But I guess A&M didn’t allow them to play there because they didn’t want to be shown up by two high school teams that would show them how real football is played.

4 hours ago, kenny powers said:

Congrats to PNG! I was hoping they would be prepared and execute.

Like I said two months ago, FBM is not a well coached team and does a lot of dumb stuff if you can show you can hang with them. Thats exactly what they did last year against BH, you could see the quit on about half the team as they slowly walked in for halftime and back out for the start out the second half.  

I'm waiting for our buddy @Cougar14.2 to tell us why the great demographics advantage that FBM had didn't play out in in this one?

Actually last year I think he said BH had a great shot at beating FBM in the playoffs if I’m not mistaken(I’m not, I right).  I don’t want to speak for him, but he’d probably say, how did PNG get it so right with the coach on the first try when BH spent the $$$ without the results.  Same types of schools, same types of budgets, different results!