Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

One last comment on this from me.  Silsbee would have won the game if they'd played it at a high school stadium.  High school goal posts are 23'-4" wide.  The NFL goal posts are 18'-6" wide.

I thought it would be cool to play at NRG but it really wasn't.  It's too big for 4A football from small town schools.  The traffic was a nightmare and it cost the Tigers the game.  Let's don't do that again if we can avoid it. 

2 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

One last comment on this from me.  Silsbee would have won the game if they'd played it at a high school stadium.  High school goal posts are 23'-4" wide.  The NFL goal posts are 18'-6" wide.

I thought it would be cool to play at NRG but it really wasn't.  It's too big for 4A football from small town schools.  The traffic was a nightmare and it cost the Tigers the game.  Let's don't do that again if we can avoid it. 

Lol

5 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

They change out the goal posts for high school games. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not according to the folks I spoke to and what I saw on the video.

It is what it is.

Both kickers used the same uprights. No advantages either way. Although that is a terrible reason, not excuse, for the miss.

Now I'm wondering if that's typical for NRG. Did they change them for the PNG game? If not, this information should be passed along to coaches looking to play there in the future.

6 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

If this is true, it’s sad. Better to be lucky than good. 

Are you insinuating Cuero isn’t any good,if so you might wanna reword or something because that was 2 very evenly matched teams…to win the whole thing you have to have some luck on your side,calls and such go your way!

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Both kickers used the same uprights. No advantages either way. Although that is a terrible reason, not excuse, for the miss.

Now I'm wondering if that's typical for NRG. Did they change them for the PNG game? If not, this information should be passed along to coaches looking to play there in the future.

I hope it's not. Can you imagine a pitcher working with a smaller strike zone, a basketball player shooting at a smaller hoop, a soccer player kicking to a smaller goal. 

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

I hope it's not. Can you imagine a pitcher working with a smaller strike zone, a basketball player shooting at a smaller hoop, a soccer player kicking to a smaller goal. 

Good question. No I'd hate to see that.

Getting off topic briefly. MLB made the bases bigger. Did college and HS do the same? No, so if they play at a minor league stadium. They bring there own bases, or both teams share an offensive advantage. Opposite of this FG, which was an offensive disadvantage.

This is the hidden content, please

30 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Good question. No I'd hate to see that.

Getting off topic briefly. MLB made the bases bigger. Did college and HS do the same? No, so if they play at a minor league stadium. They bring there own bases, or both teams share an offensive advantage. Opposite of this FG, which was an offensive disadvantage.

This is the hidden content, please

OOOKKKKKK?????

11 hours ago, STiger85 said:

L-U-C-K-Y

Kinda like converting on 4th and 13?

There was plenty of luck going both ways. The fact is that Silsbee had the more athletic team and got beat by a team that adjusted and executed better. 

You know what I didn’t see from Cuero? They didn’t give up 14 points in the first 3 minutes of the second half. They didn’t get a false start in the red zone, get bumped back five yards, then miss a chip shot game winning field goal. They didn’t fail to convert their 2pt try in the third overtime.  Their players weren’t racking up personal fouls and I never saw Gobblers squabbling with other Gobblers… but I did see the Tigers do all of those things. 

Do you know what gifted teams do when they get beaten by inferior teams? They blame “luck.”

The constant arguing amingst players after mistakes, throwing of a helmet on the sidelines, 2 coaches arguing, etc...was not good.  As a setx resident with no connection to either school I will state this as I told my buddy during the game, I came here wanting Silsbee to win and the longer this game goes the less I have a vested interest.  Although improved under the "new" regime, until that mess stops Silsbee will continue to do less with more than anyone in Setx. The kids deserve better, including being disciplined.