Playoffs Week-3: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial Predictions 11/25

Who wins   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

My 3 biggest questions about this game are: 

Will Cayden Bowie play?

Will Martin and Neal get carries?

Will @BMTSoulja1 remind the band director to not play the umbrella song if we're winning late until the clock is at 0:00? 

The last question is important. IYKYK. 🤷🏾‍♂️

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hmmm....

Reading in some other places it should be a Longview blowout. We'll see. Good luck 😎

PAM has been Jekyll and Hyde all year, ,so I can see why some would think LV would potentially blow them out. Honestly, I think that is a BIG mistake. PAM will be the more athletic team and this should be a very physical game. PAM will have to play a solid game themselves.

The last few weeks, Longview has come out flat and made quite a few mental mistakes. We have also been hit by the injury/illness bug and have 2 oline and 2 LB/DL out.  We will need to be healthy and come out ready to go with our hair on fire for this game. Should be a great one.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

My 3 biggest questions about this game are: 

Will Cayden Bowie play?

Will Martin and Neal get carries?

Will @BMTSoulja1 remind the band director to not play the umbrella song if we're winning late until the clock is at 0:00? 

The last question is important. IYKYK. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The band directors say the band has nothing to do with the team.  Let them direct and let them coach.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

The band directors say the band has nothing to do with the team.  Let them direct and let them coach.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

The band director didn't say that, YOU said that. 

I really liked the PAM band, they are a mini Gambling style. Loud and Proud.  Now, as far as the game between Longview and PAM, Wakeland did not run the ball much and didn't have much success when they tried, FW threw at least 50 times in that game last night.  PA is a good tackling team and Wakefield had an outstanding TE who made big catches all night from lining him up in various positions.  So, I can't say how good PAMs run defense really is because WF did not test it much.

Longview will be favored in this game by at least 21 by DCTF.  I just think if Longview comes in and doesn't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers, they will win comfortably by at least 21.  Wakefield was no Longview by any stretch, and they took PAM to OT?? Longview's dynamic run game may be a problem for PAM to control.  Just saying, since I've seen both play now.

1 minute ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Though task.. let go titans…

Why isn’t Goodie drowning in offers yet?

We can say that about several athletes to come thru the football program since 2018, most that had the grades so that wasn't an issue. I for one don't have a public answer. 😉

If Wilson can play as clean as he did this week PAM has a shot. LV plays a lot of 0 coverage so they can blitz but PAM’s o-line is just decent enough that they might be able to hold up for Wilson to get the ball down the field and their receivers can definitely win some matchups in the passing game. You can’t drop back and throw it every play though so I think the question is how to manufacture rushing yards. If they can figure that out it’s probably going to be a good game regardless of what PAM does on defense. 

PAM is probably going to struggle on defense. Wakeland threw her ball very effectively on PAM last night but there were some gaps in the running game too. LV’s QB is nowhere near as good as FW’s in the passing game but he’ll pull it down and run it and there was miles of space if FW’s QB would’ve done that last night. PAM is going to have to get that fixed. Jalen Hale is a high rated four star but he’s not as impactful in the passing game as that Riordan kid was. It’s all about slowing down Tatum and defending the play-action, which has been awful tough this year. 

PAM is the bigger, faster team and has the better athletes but I think this will be a game where it’s drastically obvious the difference on the sideline. 

I really hope PAM wins.   Have always liked the kids and athletes Port Arthur produces.   

But, I feel Longview wins this by 14.   This Longview team is pretty good, and can match up with PAM athletically, and I feel they are the better coached team, although King can be very conservative.

Hopefully Morgan is super aggressive, throws in some wrinkles, and let’s it all hang out.

7 hours ago, Top Dog 4 said:

Holmes 11 catches for 108 yards

Goodie 7 catches for 141 yards

8 other completion to different receivers.

Screenshot_20221119-075332_Chrome.jpg

He looks fir goodie only on crucial downs. Right before halftime is one example. He tried to hit Goode and he a had a wide open man literally standing in front of him with running room and threw a pic. Other times it resulted in nearly picked or incomplete when he forces it

17 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Lancaster came close to taking down Longview earlier this year. I'd imagine PA has similar athletes to them, so maybe they can pull it off. How good is PA's run defense? 

Depends. If it straight zone reads etc not too bad, but gets gashed. They do however make adjustments and stop the run better in the second half 

13 hours ago, pakronos said:

He looks fir goodie only on crucial downs. Right before halftime is one example. He tried to hit Goode and he a had a wide open man literally standing in front of him with running room and threw a pic. Other times it resulted in nearly picked or incomplete when he forces it

He was actually thrown to #14 on the comeback route.