Playoffs Week-3: Longview vs Port Arthur Memorial Predictions 11/25

Who wins   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 01:00 AM

Lots of wishful thinking in this thread.

PAM will not be more athletic than Longview

PAM will not have time in the pocket to throw it versus Longview. 

PAM will not stop Longview running the ball. 

For the first time this year the other side of the field will have more talent on it than PAMs and they found ways to lose games in the regular season to inferior talent. 

Not only will it be the end of the road it won’t even be close. 21+ point victory, PAM will get out coached, out played, out executed and out talented. 

tough pill to swallow but this is going to be a butt whooping. 

Longview is the most talented team I’ve personally seen play since Aledo in the state title game two years ago. 

7 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Lots of wishful thinking in this thread.

PAM will not be more athletic than Longview

PAM will not have time in the pocket to throw it versus Longview. 

PAM will not stop Longview running the ball. 

For the first time this year the other side of the field will have more talent on it than PAMs and they found ways to lose games in the regular season to inferior talent.

Not only will it be the end of the road it won’t even be close. 21+ point victory, PAM will get out coached, out played, out executed and out talented.

tough pill to swallow but this is going to be a butt whooping.

Longview is the most talented team I’ve personally seen play since Aledo in the state title game two years ago.

I don't know how Friday will turn out. I know PAM will provide some challenges that we haven't seen yet, as any district champion this late into the season will do.

But I do feel free confident on two things, Longview's line will be the best the Titans have seen all year and Longview's rushing attack will absolutely not be stopped.

Tatum and AJ will get their yards, it's just going to happen. It's much more about limiting that, and forcing turnovers, more so than anything.

I'm pretty confident PAM's QB will make some plays, especially against the rush. But we're not Wakeland or McKinney North, that's for sure.

On 11/20/2022 at 1:18 PM, Austin1985 said:

From '02-'17, we were in the top classification getting knocked out by the likes of Laporte in the 1st round with losses to Katy and Spring Branch Memorial in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  Last time we were in the 3rd was the 1st 2 years in 5A which we lost to Temple both years.  Contrary to what Mouse has to say, all of the victors in our 1st round losses went at least 4 rounds and the last re-alignment, Dist 10 was the group of death but some people don't look at the bigger picture 

Imo, this has been the easier path… no way we was beating smithson valley or manvel. Reg 3 is a lot tougher. And those teams that beat pam 1st rd, not including shadow creek,got a lil help in the playoffs due to some upsets that cleared the way 

7 minutes ago, bigdawg1 said:

[ like our chances. I have been to all games this year and haven't missed a game in several years. If we come out and play like we know we can then our chances at winning is great. Execute and keep down the penalties and turnovers. It will be a very good game and much closer than a lot think. We are that good.

I agree. If we can get 2-3 stops and score preferably TD’s, but score, then slow the game down in the second half if we up two td’s. Still play aggressive, but eat clock. If we down 7 or less in the 4th, I like us as well.

5 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I agree. If we can get 2-3 stops and score preferably TD’s, but score, then slow the game down in the second half if we up two td’s. Still play aggressive, but eat clock. If we down 7 or less in the 4th, I like us as well.

Make there QB beat us. Play the run and rely on our DB's. Despite the passes last week, we made the stops when they counted. Win or lose, it's going to be a very good game. May even come down to who has the ball last.

2 minutes ago, bigdawg1 said:

Make there QB beat us. Play the run and rely on our DB's. Despite the passes last week, we made the stops when they counted. Win or lose, it's going to be a very good game. May even come down to who has the ball last.

That's exactly the same thing @Austin1985 was telling me earlier. I agree. 

2 hours ago, bigdawg1 said:

yeah the TE killed us in the 1st half and like i said, that guy was on his grown man stuff lol. his body was atleast a college sophomore size. if the weather forecast holds up, we going to be ok imo. i like us in the rain. i guess LV don't realize we have speed sideline to sideline lol

24 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Have anyone noticed that these last two teams from up north have been fundamentally sound, but slow?? maybe LV is use to those teams that don't have any speed and thinking PAM are like those teams lol

Y'all have played Lancaster before, you think they're slow?

Didn't Crosby fans brag about beating us in track? How'd that turn out on the field?? We've played many a teams that are fast. Guess what, Longview is quick too.

On the rain....Longview played in a monsoon just two weeks ago. Our power game is the run game, while y'all will need to keep the pressure off your line. Y'all really think a steady rain the entire game is going to favor y'all?

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y'all have played Lancaster before, you think they're slow?

Didn't Crosby fans brag about beating us in track? How'd that turn out on the field?? We've played many a teams that are fast. Guess what, Longview is quick too.

On the rain....Longview played in a monsoon just two weeks ago. Our power game is the run game, while y'all will need to keep the pressure off your line. Y'all really think a steady rain the entire game is going to favor y'all?

football speed and track speed are completely different. well we got the dub fairly easy against them and they wasn't an issue for PAM...i see yall had a close one with them, but to be fair, to different lancaster teams. crosby fans are idiots. again track and football speed are totally different. we played in a monsoon so bad the field turf was literally lifting up and PAM just had the turf replaced this year. for 3 weeks they have played much better during heavy rain AND didn't just run the ball, but was efficient in passing it too.

i bring up the speed due to the last two teams the QB looked liked he had cement boots on. the Frisco QB got one in on PAM, but they was on him all night with no problem keeping him contained. our linbackers are just as quick as our DB's. if i'm worried about anything on defense is our corners are short and against bigger wr's the jump ball becomes a problem if they don't get the timing down. to be honest, i think both teams are pretty much staring in the mirror. i think yall dominated region 2 and yall district cause of the speed yall have and probably depth. IF PAM loses this one, it will be less than 21, but thats a moot point causing loosing by one still sends the titans home. no moral victories from me. making it to rd 3 has surpassed my expectations. that doesn't mean imo to let this be it and leave it all out there and let them coyotes know they ain't that good lol(not worthy of wolves) jk ya man. you are a very realistic fan compared to most and i respect that.