Beaumont ISD Football

AggiesAreWe

On 11/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, lil tokyo said:

I’ll say this. These kids need support in the classrooms and in the athletic program! Kids pay attention to social media and platforms as such. Nothing will kill a kid’s confidence quicker than them seeing adult criticize them in a negative way. Not only by the comments they read but the actions that come behind it in the stands. I remember when Brook went to state the stands was packed from everyone and not just Brook parents but the golden triangle. Only because they was winning. Same for BU that year they went 8-0 they had supporters but as soon as they went on a losing streak the fans disappeared. It’s sad that adults only support when winning is involved. 

BU never went 8-0.  They went 5-0 then the losing started then missed the playoffs...

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

BU never went 8-0.  They went 5-0 then the losing started then missed the playoffs...

Started 4-0 if you referring to the 2019 season. Won all 3 non-district games (Pius X, Ned, MHS) then beat Sterling, then came the WB loss the week after that. 

56 minutes ago, HAWGHEAVEN said:

A lot of people blame the coaches at each school, who is above the coaches????  If a NFL/College Team isn't doing well eventually the people above those coaches are held responsible too. They get removed also. Beaumont deserves better.

Not enough people blame who is below the coaches.  Meaning... the players.

Sometimes you just don't have any horses in the stable.

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It's easy to blame the kids, isn't it!   Both Beaumont schools has the athletes.  So, what's left?!

First of all.. I wasn't talking about Beaumont specifically.  I replied to, "A lot of people blame the coaches at each school, who is above the coaches????  If a NFL/College Team isn't doing well eventually the people above those coaches are held responsible too." That's a general statement.  Not enough people blame who's above the coaches.. It's also true that not enough people blame who's below the coaches.

But since you brought up the situation in Beaumont.  They have the athletes to beat who? You mean on the team or in the school? 

I normally like to give coaches a little more credit than most do.  Often times, a team isn't winning because of numerous factors outside of their actual ability to coach a team.  Including lack of talent.

Please answer this: Is Bill Belichick a great coach, or was he blessed with a great quarterback?

6 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

First of all.. I wasn't talking about Beaumont specifically.  I replied to, "A lot of people blame the coaches at each school, who is above the coaches????  If a NFL/College Team isn't doing well eventually the people above those coaches are held responsible too." That's a general statement.  Not enough people blame who's above the coaches.. It's also true that not enough people blame who's below the coaches.

But since you brought up the situation in Beaumont.  They have the athletes to beat who? You mean on the team or in the school? 

I normally like to give coaches a little more credit than most do.  Often times, a team isn't winning because of numerous factors outside of their actual ability to coach a team.  Including lack of talent.

Please answer this: Is Bill Belichick a great coach, or was he blessed with a great quarterback?

Blame the kids all you want.  Like I've said -- it's easy!  It's coaching not the kids.  

Just now, Reagan said:

I don't blame you for wanting to discontinue this conversation.  I would too if all I did was blame the kids!

Yet you can't find a single comment I wrote where I specifically blamed the kids.  

By the way.. using exclamation points doesn't make you right.  It's a lot like yelling.. it doesn't make the point any more valid.  It makes you seem like a clown.  Which may or may not be the case. 

Just now, oldschool2 said:

Yet you can't find a single comment I wrote where I specifically blamed the kids.  

By the way.. using exclamation points doesn't make you right.  It's a lot like yelling.. it doesn't make the point any more valid.  It makes you seem like a clown.  Which may or may not be the case. 

Yelling is when you use all capital letters.  Exclamation points are used when you want to make a strong point.  Again, SMH.

BTW -- if Beaumont actually got quality coaches, then everyone would see what would happen.  Then when it does, what would make the difference?!  As with any school.  Not rocket science, my friend!

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Yelling is when you use all capital letters.  Exclamation points are used when you want to make a strong point.  Again, SMH.

BTW -- if Beaumont actually got quality coaches, then everyone would see what would happen.  Then when it does, what would make the difference?!  As with any school.  Not rocket science, my friend!

Again.. did I say you were yelling? I specifically said, "it's a lot like yelling".  I bet you were a fun student.

As far as your point.. assume you're right.  Do you actually think that Beaumont ISD can/will do what it would take to actually employ whatever coaches there are out there that meet your qualifications?

Position by position I'm not sure that the Beaumont schools match up very well with the teams in their district. North Shore lines up defensive backfield D1 straight across (in general). Usually with one or two D1 lineman a major college defensive end and a superstar linebacker.  It's just Satan's District, all it is.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, HAWGHEAVEN said:

All of the above except players. Starting at the top. BISD is sooo far behind in how high school football programs are run, from facilities, coaches schedules and pay including teacher salaries, middle school sports. Support meaning money and the importance of using sports to help academics. A lot has to change to make BISD just competitive if football again. WB is MILES closer then BU.

On 11/9/2022 at 9:37 AM, TheOutsider said:

BISD will always come down to admin and community.  Admin has to have things in place for coaches to be successful. No coordinators at 6a level are teaching actual class and in BISD they have them teaching like 5 periods of science a day. Put coaches in the halls to keep the schools under control, principals too, they have to get out of the principal offices. Community needs to support the coaches in place.  Hard for a coach to build a culture when the kids leave field house and everyone around them puts down the coaches and everything they do. 

This pretty much sums up the problems…y’all can blame coaching all you want but successful football programs starts from the top! You can take NS entire staff and put them at WB or BU and wouldn’t much change. Don’t have the talent or the structure to compete in 6A…it’s a far gone conclusion  that Beaumont needs one HS!

On 11/10/2022 at 7:06 PM, Coach_Izzy said:

This pretty much sums up the problems…y’all can blame coaching all you want but successful football programs starts from the top! You can take NS entire staff and put them at WB or BU and wouldn’t much change. Don’t have the talent or the structure to compete in 6A…it’s a far gone conclusion  that Beaumont needs one HS!

Facts NS coaches aren.t stuck in 5/6 classes per dayuu All the coaches and the players have the athletic football class. NS get tje freshman everyday. We can go on and on. You can make one school but if the structure isn't right, it will be just one school at the bottom of the district instead of two.

4 minutes ago, HAWGHEAVEN said:

Facts NS coaches aren.t stuck in 5/6 classes per dayuu All the coaches and the players have the athletic football class. NS get tje freshman everyday. We can go on and on. You can make one school but if the structure isn't right, it will be just one school at the bottom of the district instead of two.

Yes NS coordinators don’t even have classes…only 1 hr of breakfast/tardy duty in the morning 

Different situations at WB and BU.  WB is down on talent, yes, but not devoid of it. WB’s coaching is BAD.

BU has very little talent.  Almost non existent. The jury is out on the Coaching.  They had to inherit the horrible structure from the previous regime.  We’ll find out about the coaching next year.

I think the stars just aligned this year for both of these teams to be horrible at the same time.  Both teams need to make drastic moves to compete next year.  No one realistically expects to compete against NS or ‘Cita, but both the BISD teams shouldn’t be getting their head beat in by the rest of the teams.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Different situations at WB and BU.  WB is down on talent, yes, but not devoid of it. WB’s coaching is BAD.

BU has very little talent.  Almost non existent. The jury is out on the Coaching.  They had to inherit the horrible structure from the previous regime.  We’ll find out about the coaching next year.

I think the stars just aligned this year for both of these teams to be horrible at the same time.  Both teams need to make drastic moves to compete next year.  No one realistically expects to compete against NS or ‘Cita, but both the BISD teams shouldn’t be getting their head beat in by the rest of the teams.

I don’t know what WB team you watched but there ain’t no talent there either…the only way WB or BU has a chance to compete in that district is if BISD has one HS and the admin changes the way it handles athletics structurally and financially…they’re in a district with a bunch of schools/districts that actually do things the right way 

9 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

I don’t know what WB team you watched but there ain’t no talent there either…the only way WB or BU has a chance to compete in that district is if BISD has one HS and the admin changes the way it handles athletics structurally and financially…they’re in a district with a bunch of schools/districts that actually do things the right way 

I said they are down from the normal talent they put on the field, but NOT devoid of it.  In this district, you get the results that you see West Brook produced…

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I said they are down from the normal talent they put on the field, but NOT devoid of it.  In this district, you get the results that you see West Brook produced…

I disagree…I coached against WB under levels for years they hadn’t had a good freshman class since the 2022 class that feature Bryce! If you want to know if a school has talent all you have to do is look at their under levels…

On 11/14/2022 at 8:36 AM, Vini vidi said:

Invest in facilities, take care of coaches (stipends, classes, etc), hold kids accountable all needed. In addition get the hallways under control not a lot of good comes from chaos. 

These bozos like @BMTSoulja1 are clueless but you're absolutely right. This dude will tip toe around the real reasons why BMT will continue to struggle, as long as they are 6A and play the best of the best. Hell, he won't even tip toe, he will straight up not even acknowledge them lol. Lets hit the main reasons - no turf field, not all kids in the athletics periods, chaos across campus, coaches exhausted from teaching 6 classes every single day. The other schools in the district don't have these problems, but this dude will just say "The talent is there and the coaching is bad". Such a joke. Some of the coaches these dudes ran out of town are still coaching right now in the playoffs.