Mid-County Madness 2022 Predictions

Who wins   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2022 at 11:00 PM

If both teams were required to only play the seniors for this game, would Nederland have enough seniors? It's a weird thought. 

But I would expect that the seniors will all at least start. This will be my first MCM game to attend (God willing) in many years, I can't remember the last one I was able to make. More than 20 years, for sure. In the last few years I've seen middle school, freshman and JV games between the two, but no Friday night MCM games. From what I hear, we should get there early. 

30 minutes ago, 1970 said:

If both teams were required to only play the seniors for this game, would Nederland have enough seniors? It's a weird thought. 

But I would expect that the seniors will all at least start. This will be my first MCM game to attend (God willing) in many years, I can't remember the last one I was able to make. More than 20 years, for sure. In the last few years I've seen middle school, freshman and JV games between the two, but no Friday night MCM games. From what I hear, we should get there early. 

Yes

Last year Nederland was weak and PNG was better than predicted (and I think better than Nederland), and Nederland came back from a double-digit deficit to win. This year, PNG is better than last year, and Nederland got worse. So, Nederland by 50, probably, since that’s how this rivalry works. 

Been keeping up with this game for over 60 years.  Rarely, if ever, have I thought it was a cinch.  I’ve seen the underdogs win this one wwwaaayyy to many times.  This year —— just don’t see it.  Not even this age old rivalry will give the Bulldogs enough to win this game.  Heck, Ned would have trouble with the Vidor rivalry.  Might win but it’d be a struggle, lol..

But don’t be surprised if this game is not as lopsided as it should be.  It’ll be “Release the Kracken” time in Nederland.

30 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Been keeping up with this game for over 60 years.  Rarely, if ever, have I thought it was a cinch.  I’ve seen the underdogs win this one wwwaaayyy to many times.  This year —— just don’t see it.  Not even this age old rivalry will give the Bulldogs enough to win this game.  Heck, Ned would have trouble with the Vidor rivalry.  Might win but it’d be a struggle, lol..

But don’t be surprised if this game is not as lopsided as it should be.  It’ll be “Release the Kracken” time in Nederland.

Yep, there have been plenty of times it should have been lopsided one way or the other and ended up being a 1 score game.   Nature of the rivalry.

I think Coach Joseph will try to set the tone for his first game of this rivalry and come out ready to end all hope and hype Nederland comes out with. Of course the main factor is how will the kids respond for each side. I think it starts close and PN-G runs away with it. 

It won't be 1992 Black Knights of the Neches bad but close. 

35-14 PN-G

45 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Yep, there have been plenty of times it should have been lopsided one way or the other and ended up being a 1 score game.   Nature of the rivalry.

This game is the very epitome of a “rivalry game”.  It has the tradition, atmosphere, geography and history of such.  Even if it’s an apparent lopsided game, such as this year, it’s still easily worth the price of admission.  To sum it up, it’s a happening.

I was waiting to see if the two local TV stations were going to make this their game of the week. One (KFDM) has already posted this to be their GOW. Now waiting on KBMT.

I wanted to see if any of the two would go with another, more important game than going with what they both do every year, have MCM (regardless of situation).

IMO, these games this week are worthy of GOW:

Barbers Hill @ Port Arthur Memorial

Little Cypress-Mauriceville @ Lumberton

Heck even this one:

Beaumont West Brook @ Beaumont United

Come on KBMT, do something different.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was waiting to see if the two local TV stations were going to make this their game of the week. One (KFDM) has already posted this to be their GOW. Now waiting on KBMT.

I wanted to see if any of the two would go with another, more important game than going with what they both do every year, have MCM (regardless of situation).

IMO, these games this week are worthy of GOW:

Barbers Hill @ Port Arthur Memorial

Little Cypress-Mauriceville @ Lumberton

Heck even this one:

Beaumont West Brook @ Beaumont United

Come on KBMT, do something different.

Next week is going to be silsbee at jasper!! 

Lots of good games this week, but MCM has the hype, the Trophy, and Wade Phillips and many other alumni in attendance, which typically draws the press. But it'll be a good game regardless, with plenty of highlight material. Several years ago one of the Bulldog kids ran through the Indian banner and busted it. I don't know the kid but I play golf with his dad.  It'll be fun, and hopefully things will remain civil. 

1 hour ago, 1970 said:

Lots of good games this week, but MCM has the hype, the Trophy, and Wade Phillips and many other alumni in attendance, which typically draws the press. But it'll be a good game regardless, with plenty of highlight material. Several years ago one of the Bulldog kids ran through the Indian banner and busted it. I don't know the kid but I play golf with his dad.  It'll be fun, and hopefully things will remain civil. 

The off the field stuff has stayed pretty civil over the last decade or more, hopefully it will stay that way.

4 hours ago, aki1994 said:

I think Coach Joseph will try to set the tone for his first game of this rivalry and come out ready to end all hope and hype Nederland comes out with. Of course the main factor is how will the kids respond for each side. I think it starts close and PN-G runs away with it. 

It won't be 1992 Black Knights of the Neches bad but close. 

35-14 PN-G

I don't think hope or hype could be used to describe the 2022 Nederland Bulldogs