Texas

LSU

Baylor

Auburn

What we thinking here??

I'm hoping Texas or Houston honestly, LSU may be the dark horse

Where ever he chooses I wish him nothing but success 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• If there's a specific situation that started this thread, I don't know the details.  Nor do I care.  But I do have an opinion about what I'm gathering from some of the comments. My opinion: I do believe that an AD should leave the players of a particular sport to their respective head coach during that season.  The varsity players of that sport anyway.  I believe it's a little different concerning the sub varsity players of that sport.  If an AD/HFC decides to grab some JV baseball players for some offseason football stuff during the athletics period, I don't have AS MUCH of a problem with it.  I would still consider it a common courtesy to discuss with the head coach of that particular sport to consider their thoughts on it. I also believe that ALL athletes should be lifting and running all year.  When in a particular season, I believe that the head coach of that sport should control the reigns on that topic to implement some sport specific lifting/running during their season.  But all athletes should be in the weight room year round. As far as playing multiple sports?  I'm an advocate.  I know that the popular idea is for potentially good/great players in a specific sport to "focus" on that sport.  And I agree.. but focusing on one sport doesn't mean stopping the others.  It just means prioritizing time in a way that extra work is put into that specific sport.  After hours, weekends, holidays/summer, etc..  Just because you plan on making a push into college baseball (for example) doesn't mean you can't work on baseball during other sports seasons.  That's exactly what I did.. and countless others.  Plus, it's important to maybe learn how to be a role player in a sport that you're not the best at.  Because that's coming. That's my opinion.  And I come from an era where kids played multiple sports if they knew it would be helping.  Helping their classmates.. or just contributing to school pride.  I hate knowing that there are schools that could be much more competitive if their kids would just come out.  It's hard for me to understand if I'm being honest. 
    • I wasn't arguing the point of how an AD keeps his job. The question was "what has happened to Jasper" as in their whole athletic department. They were much much better in those other sports even when football was successful. Not anymore. Something definitely has changed.
    • I just don't think it's as big an issue as what's being discussed. My opinion.
    • It's common knowledge that this sort of thing happens on ranches, out in the country, etc.  I'd be willing to bet that a good number of people who participate in this forum have had to do something similar. That said, she's an absolute moron for putting it in a book, period.  The act of killing the dog can be justified, especially for those of us familiar with how life on a ranch/farm works,  but publicizing it is inexcusable for someone in her position.  I honestly have no clue what she was thinking.  60% percent of the country already doesn't like trump, and now his most likely running mate has a major controversy over killing a dog.  Pure stupidity.
    • There are times when certain things are appropriate, and when they are not.  We can agree to disagree on the appropriateness of star baseball players doing contact football drills in the days leading up the baseball playoffs.  
  • Topics