Texan live slacking on local broadcasts!

setxathlete14

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to UIL, a broadcast entity has to have permission from both schools to broadcast that game.

If a school has sold their video broadcast rights to an outside entity, that entity reserves the right to allow or disallow another video broadcast at that home school's stadium. Sometimes it's mainly about having enough space in a press box for two video broadcasts. Other times it's about $$$. If one entity has the rights and they charge to watch their broadcast, it's highly unlikely that they would allow a free video broadcast to do that same game at the home stadium.

In Anahuac's case (and others similar) who have their own video production, they can deny another schools video broadcast at Anahuac's home stadium. They have the video rights. Just remember, if a school denies another school broadcast access, expect the same to be done to you when you go to their stadium. This is only for regular season games. All playoff games are under Texan Live video rights.

Thank you.  I like your 3rd to last sentence.  That's where the fun starts...2 superintendents in a urination contest is always entertaining. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Texan Live isn't big enough to buy that many. Don't forget, they pay UIL for all the playoff games.

Some schools turn down TL because they have their own video production. TL also doesn't solicit every local school. It's about viewership and potential sponsorship for those broadcasts.

Thank you for the insight 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

They did have Silsbee vs Vidor the first week.  I can understand why they haven’t shown Vidor again.  😂😂😂👽👽😂😂😂

The game was done because TL has a contract with Silsbee. Vidor just happened to be the opponent. Game was supposed to be a home game for Silsbee.

TL has done every Silsbee game so far this season.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to UIL, a broadcast entity has to have permission from both schools to broadcast that game.

If a school has sold their video broadcast rights to an outside entity, that entity reserves the right to allow or disallow another video broadcast at that home school's stadium. Sometimes it's mainly about having enough space in a press box for two video broadcasts. Other times it's about $$$. If one entity has the rights and they charge to watch their broadcast, it's highly unlikely that they would allow a free video broadcast to do that same game at the home stadium.

In Anahuac's case (and others similar) who have their own video production, they can deny another schools video broadcast at Anahuac's home stadium. They have the video rights. Just remember, if a school denies another school broadcast access, expect the same to be done to you when you go to their stadium. This is only for regular season games. All playoff games are under Texan Live video rights.

It depends on if TL decides to go to that playoff game. If they don't, then the school can petition the uil the do their own game. We've done it once or twice with them!

1 minute ago, ThaGhost said:

It depends on if TL decides to go to that playoff game. If they don't, then the school can petition the uil the do their own game. We've done it once or twice with them!

Correct. TL isn't able to do every playoff game but they do have the rights and schools have to get permission from UIL and TL.

Well prescribe to this in hopes of watching Orange County games.  Gary Stelly (KOGT) does an outstanding job but can't be at everyone of the games.  Due to responsibilities at home with my elderly mother living with me, I can't just jump up and go anymore.  It was sure nice to hear or watch the games from my home.  I did make the first LCM game but was rained out.