Silsbee vs. Nederland

BADSANTA

I look for them to come out ready to go. They have to figure out some way to get the qb going with something other than a dang screen pass. #4 and #3 look like the receivers to feed the ball to through the air. Just gotta get it to them. I see the Oline coming out with confidence after last night's performance. Id love for us to get to see both #1 and #13 in the back field.  Hopefully the defense comes out the gate swinging and stays motivated till the clock hits 0's. Go Dawgs 

On 9/3/2022 at 3:56 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

My take on silsbee. They get penalized way to much. Defense not wrapping and not  playing consistent. Offense wise they run the ball well. But the passing game is inconsistent. Im hoping the coaches can clean it up. 

Ok....my take. 

(1) If you take the abhorrent holding calls from the Huffman game (8-1 against by the way...) Silsbee playing pretty clean ball compared to some earlier games in the past.

2) Defense is not only wrapping up they are devastating interior lines right now.  This defense is quickly approaching the level of the state-semifinal teams a few years ago.  Super aggressive.  It will take some better teams offensively for a clearer picture of true level of play.  Except for the 7 points scored by Vidor off the interception the starting defense as a whole was not on the field.  Pretty consistent.

3) They don't run the ball well.  They run the ball exceptionally well.  9 different backs handling the ball in both games.  Scary, considering the blocking will only get better as the new online gets gelled.

4) I will agree somewhat on the passing game consistency.  However, Miller only playing two quarters a game right now sonwho knows....the short passing needs improvement. 

My take.  #TigerNation 

Jmo

Edited by Silsbee92
Haters

My take, & it’s simple - Silsbee has a very, very good team.  Ned is in an off year.  I look for another big win by the Tigers.  Those kids are playing hungry.

The Tigers can run & pass. They’re blocking & tackling.  Hard to find fault with them. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee vs. Nederland