West Orange Stark vs PNG

lcm93

On 9/5/2022 at 9:37 PM, 1970 said:

Yes, I attended the PNG-BU game. I also attended the entire PNG-PAM game. And the PNG-LCM scrimmage, and been watching a few PNG practices (I'm retired, so why not?).  My youngest grandson plays for PNG, but I'm fairly objective I think. The BU game got out of hand for BU, similar to (but not exactly the same as) the PAM game did for PNG. I'm not quoting exact numbers, but roughly PNG had almost 400 yards of offense, fairly close to what PAM had. In comparison BU had roughly 100 yards last Friday, to PNG's 400.  I was pretty impressed with LCM at the scrimmage. PNG was pretty rough around the edges. But still PNG held their own individually. One play that LCM didn't fall for was PNG's screen pass attempt. PNG tried it again against PAM and PAM was sitting on it like Altuve and Tucker sitting on those fast balls yesterday, and #11's lob pass was disastrous, and came at a bad time. I was glad to see that the screen pass play was scrapped last Friday night, and I hope it stays that way.

Anyway, just based on what I've seen of the LCM-WOS game, they appeared pretty evenly matched. So, if LCM and PNG were evenly matched, then PNG and WOS should be fairly evenly matched. And with PNG coming off of a big away win, and things hopefully beginning to gel, then I give an advantage to PNG, with everything else being equal, even at the WOS home field. Sorry for my earlier use of the word "should".  

3 things that should help. That u didn't mention.1 w.o has better CBs than lcm.and there long.lcm didn't really complete but a couple passes on them.but,one was a TD in the dB misjudged the ball. And there other score was on the safety who was looking at the sideline for the defensive call.so with the 2 wrs png has want have a big nite.BU kids tried but they're horrible!! Hopefully they get better.and w.o will be the faster team. So if they get back to shooting gaps out this defense.puts  alot pressure on there qb.the kid from png has a descent arm. But pressure busts a pipe!!  If png can do what lcm did were in for a great game.play action,and mis direction short throws to keep the defense honest and more importantly find a running game.

19 hours ago, 89er said:

PNG had a very bad week 1. New Coach, new schemes, new plays, 1st time head coach, etc. led to a very miserable start. You absolutely can not judge PNG on that game as well as the 180 recovery for week 2.

WOS has the exact same nuances (except for a bad week 1). The same improvement could be said for them too. Hell, the Stangs are lining up in a completely new Defense this year. If you know this area football, then you know they live and die by their defense. I think this will be a great game to watch, but don’t think WOS isn’t improving each week too. 

1 hour ago, 89er said:

PNG will never be pushed around by the "WOKENESS" Instead they "WILL MAKE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN"

Interesting take. Nearly 55 million Native Americans were killed throughout the Americas. PNG literally plays in a stadium whose nickname is the result of that. PNG built an entire culture around a sect of people who wouldn't have even been able to go to their school when they chose that mascot. Maybe "American Indians" just want to "take their heritage back", same as the people who would refer to them as "woke" want to do in the rest of the US. Not that I personally care one way or the other, I just follow the Chronicle and it came across my timeline. Something I thought was interesting. 

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Interesting take. Nearly 55 million Native Americans were killed throughout the Americas. PNG literally plays in a stadium whose nickname is the result of that. PNG built an entire culture around a sect of people who wouldn't have even been able to go to their school when they chose that mascot. Maybe "American Indians" just want to "take their heritage back", same as the people who would refer to them as "woke" want to do in the rest of the US. Not that I personally care one way or the other, I just follow the Chronicle and it came across my timeline. Something I thought was interesting. 

You're off topic, and irrelevant as far as the kids that happen to be attending that school at the moment. The school board could change the team name to the welders or pipefitters tonight and the kids will still show up tomorrow night and play, and not mean any harm at all to welders or pipefitters. 

4 hours ago, 1970 said:

You're off topic, and irrelevant as far as the kids that happen to be attending that school at the moment. The school board could change the team name to the welders or pipefitters tonight and the kids will still show up tomorrow night and play, and not mean any harm at all to welders or pipefitters. 

As far as the topic being about the game, yes. There was an article posted in the 4th largest city in the United States largest newspaper about PNG today. Didn’t say anything at all about the kids or community, I’m kind of actually pulling for PNG since we don’t have to play them anymore. I just responded to the “woke” comment with what’s probably the ... point of view which the article was about. Y’all can get back to it though👋🏾

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Funny how some folks get triggered by Crosby posters. 😂

Anyway.........How can Png keep this a close game up to the 4th qtr to have a chance at the upset? I actually think this might be a close one. 

Ball hog if we can. If our big boys up front keep pounding 3 or 4 yard carries and run the clock we could have a chance. I am hoping our defense shows up again. Wrapping up looked so good last week.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Anyway.........How can Png keep this a close game up to the 4th qtr to have a chance at the upset? I actually think this might be a close one. 

I love to watch him cry when he has the heat the Cougar pretend to actually be from Crosby. The school and stadium might be in Crosby, but the athletes aren’t. 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

As someone said above, ball hog is the only chance I see. If they can do that, it could stay close. WOS can score in any of the 3 phases. Off, Def... and ST. Hope we can use the goal posts this week.

7 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

As someone said above, ball hog is the only chance I see. If they can do that, it could stay close. WOS can score in any of the 3 phases. Off, Def... and ST. Hope we can use the goal posts this week.

Surely somebody been kicking extra points this week…